Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4 View Post
jolly and cole were both injured last year.....so to say they are going to step in and be as good as corey is a long shot. corey was a beast least year and think youre going to be able to tell he is gone next year.
Cole's not going to take over Williams' spot anytime soon. Harrell is the one this deal opens up playing time for. You know, the guy we took in the first round ~10 months ago?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
BcLion
Rookie

BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.

Worst: Lions letting the saints outbid them for a conditional 4th next year.
I mean comon Millen hasnt drafted anyone on the second day that has ever panned out ever. WHat exactly where we gunna lose with this trade?

Best: Lions not trading Big Baby for some worthless 3rd or 4th Millen would waste anyway.( still scared tho day aint over yet and Millen Knows how to screw up a trade.)

BcLion

Have you driven your head through a wall lately?
BcLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, but the point is, the Packers are 6 deep at DT
Picket
Jolly
Cole
Harrell
Jenkins
Williams

all of those guys can, and have started.
it's nice, but it's a luxury. in today's NFL, there's no way any team should have that kind of depth, and the Packers would be foolish to NOT trade one of 'em away. Williams is a nice player. but he had a great contract year and he was the guy that was moveable. i liked Williams too. but, the deal had to be done.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

Favre4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

anyone who saw justin harrell play regularly last year knows that he is still a year or two away from being a dependable starter. i really question his motor too. they guy just took plays off when he did have to fill in for injuries last year......and if he wasnt taking plays off and was just getting pushed around 40% of the time, the packers are going to have problems with him.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

jenkins starts at end. and like i said before jolly and cole were hurt last year so who knows what youre going to get this year.....players dont always perform like they did before injuries. i still think williams was worth a big more than a 2nd rounder.....and im wanting to know if the packers took a look at possibly getting a player instead of a pick out of a trade. im not going to be dumb and say deangelo hall, but we could have definitely gotten a starting caliber player in exchange from someone.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

5 best moves to date:
-Saints getting Vilma from the Jets for a conditional 4th
-Bills getting Kawika Mitchell for 5 years and 17.5 million (5 mil guar)
-Miami trading a 6th rounder to Dallas for Jason Ferguson.
-Dallas signing Zach Thomas for 1 year and 3 million.
-SF signing DeSaun Foster for 2 years, 1.8 million and no guarantees.

5 worst moves:
-Signing Jeff Faine and paying him as the best center in the league. He is getting 6 years, 37.5 million with 15 million in guarantees.
-Trading a 3rd and 5th round pick for Kris Jenkins who has been injured, ineffective and angry at Carolina and then signing him to a 5 year, 35 million dollar deal with 20 million guaranteed.
-Jags signing Jerry Porter for 6 years, 30 million with 10 million guaranteed.
-Signing Tommy Kelley for a package worth more the 50 million. The biggest ever for a DT.
-Giving S Madieu Williams a 6 year, 34 million dollar contract with 13 million guarantee for a safety that has been know for injuries and not quite living up to his talent level.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
-Giving S Madieu Williams a 6 year, 34 million dollar contract with 13 million guarantee for a safety that has been know for injuries and not quite living up to his talent level.
I cannot believe they gave that contract to him. lately the Queens have been smarter than that. Who knows though? Maybe his play could prove us wrong. It was a good signing, just too much cash.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect the Berrian deal to far surpass that. Something to the effect of 6 years- 42 milion with 16-18 to sign.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I expect the Berrian deal to far surpass that. Something to the effect of 6 years- 42 milion with 16-18 to sign.
He signed with the Queens?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
BcLion
Rookie

BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcLion View Post
Worst: Lions letting the saints outbid them for a conditional 4th next year.
I mean comon Millen hasnt drafted anyone on the second day that has ever panned out ever. WHat exactly where we gunna lose with this trade?

Best: Lions not trading Big Baby for some worthless 3rd or 4th Millen would waste anyway.( still scared tho day aint over yet and Millen Knows how to screw up a trade.)

BcLion

Have you driven your head through a wall lately?
I knew Millen would find a way to screw things up. Just a matter of time until we here how Cinci stuck it to us for our best D player when healthy.

Bclion
BcLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
He signed with the Queens?
It's expected he will by tonight. Those numbers are just a guess.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best Move:

1) Green Bay adding a 2nd pick for Corey Williams. DL is probably their most talented and deepest position on their roster.

2) Bill Parcells bringing in talented youth/depth. Normally I criticize teams that build through Free Agency, however, he's not signing big name, cap strapping players. He's signing middle of the road talent that can build a team up.

Worst Move: This is tough..

1) Tommy Kelly for 50M???? Al, let someone with less alzheimers run the team.

2) Asante Samuel to Philadelphia. Samuel is a good player, but I'm not sure he fits Philly's scheme and I don't think he was worth that type of money from them, especially considering he doesn't fit their scheme.

3) Bengals Trading for Shaun Rogers. Shaun Rogers and Frank Okam are the same player IMO. Both guys that have the talent to dominate, the size to dominate and the strength to dominate, but would rather eat their way out of contention. Bengals already have a big NT, they'd be better suited getting a 3-Tech like Trevor Laws.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
jolly and cole were both injured last year.....so to say they are going to step in and be as good as corey is a long shot. corey was a beast least year and think youre going to be able to tell he is gone next year.
Your one of THOSE Packer fans as was I after last offseason. The packers didn't make any moves, they didn't draft right, they didn't sign the right players, etc. Well thenguess what? They went 13-3. Ted Thompson and the GB staff have their jobs for a reason.

I liked Corey Wiliiams, but not or 8 mill a season or whatever it is. We have Jolly, Cole, Pickett, Harrell, and Jenkins in there at DT occasionally too right? How many DT's can you pay to be starters when there are only 2 starters!

It will work out..instead of being pessimistic, look at the good out of that. We are saving money, we are possibly gearing up to trade up in the draft, we are saving a butt load on our salary cap, we didn't give up a positional player that we are weak in, etc etc etc
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

I think the dolphins are automatically today's losers for giving Randy Starks 7 million dollars guaranteed.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Grig
Rookie

Grig hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I disagree wholeheartedly. The Dolphins need young talent of any kind, and considering that Starks is merely 24 and has the size Parcells covets, it's not a terrible signing.

He didn't break the bank and he could turn out to be much better. Granted, he might not progress at all, but with the dearth of talent Miami possesses, it was a risk worth taking.
Grig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

yeah youre right im just one of THOSE packer fans. and if favre retires, and we have 30 mill in cap room, then would you approve of the packers signing williams? even if he doesnt, favre is only under contract for one more year so even if we sign corey to a deal average 7-8 mill a year, we still get 4-6 mill more towards the cap after favre retires. how many times do i have to say that cole and jolly were hurt last year. if i had a dollar for every time an injury stopped a good young player from progressing as expected i would be very wealthy....unfortunately few people realize this. it wouldnt have hurt us to sign him in any way at all......they only thing we have to show now is two mid round draft picks. and for the record, i have always been supporting of both mccarthy and ted thompson being hired to their respective positions with the packers. i just find it hard for the packers to duplicate success when they stand pat, or trade good players away. not every draft pick is going to work out. i know ted thompson put alot of seattles talent together, but have they ever won a super bowl from it? the answer there is NO!
Old 02-29-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

the randy starks signing is a good one. he is very young, and is a very versatile player. i think he may play end in their 3-4 scheme.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre4 who do you think the Packers should have signed and likely overpaid for??

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

corey williams.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grig View Post
I disagree wholeheartedly. The Dolphins need young talent of any kind, and considering that Starks is merely 24 and has the size Parcells covets, it's not a terrible signing.

He didn't break the bank and he could turn out to be much better. Granted, he might not progress at all, but with the dearth of talent Miami possesses, it was a risk worth taking.
And he played 3-4 DE in college and could fit perfectly in their 3-4 System.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
corey williams.
You do realize that we could have not franchised him which many thought we werent going to and he could have left for nothing. We got a 2nd round pick which is pretty good. Yes it would have been nice to keep him but we didnt need to. To say it takes 2-3 years for a second round pick what about Greg Jennings what about James Jones both contributed alot in there rookie season. Collins, Colledge also have been heavy contributers but not as good as GJ and JJ. TT knows what he is doing, complain now like alot of fans do about the offseason and the draft when he drafts people whose names arent well know. They pan out things work he is putting a winning team on the field so until he doesnt then you can complain.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind the Jenkins trade the more I think about it. The Panthers get a high third, a high fifth and also get rid of a guy who used to argue with coaches and other players.

I like Jenkins and I wish him well, but at least now the team will save money and if they sign Coleman (he's being tested to ensure his injuries aren't dangerous for the team) along with Damoine Lewis and Kemoeatu its not a bad defensive line. Should the Panthers use their thirds and move up in the draft for a good offensive tackle and take a RB the team should look very good next year.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We stole Vilma from the Jets. Granted, they didn't have any leverage in the situation but if he's able to retain form? Holy smokes.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

yeah jennings and jones did have a real good first 6-8 games of their rookie seasons, then they both fell off the map. with any rookie player they are not used to the full 16 game schedule plus the playoffs for a successful team. very few rookies make an impact for an entire season, and few contribute consistently in their first two years. like i said before not all draft picks work out, so if youre not going to retain your own players, youre going to have to go out and get a few in free agency.....so far i see two players gone(bubba and corey) and zero coming in. yes we will have 8 draft picks, but what are the chances that we have one starter(corey) and one on the verge of starting nearly every game(bubba). i just think the packers are at a point, where they are on the cusp of something special...most teams in this situation would try to add one or two veterans in an attempt to get over that hump, but instead we let one of our promising young players go...are the packers going to turn into a farm system? are we going to groom young players til they turn 27-28 and they let other teams sign them? that not how you win championships.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre4 you sound ridiculous in this thread.