Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 03-01-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default FA visits

From what I've read, it looks like the following players are visiting Denver:

LB Tracy White (Packers)
LB Niko Koutouvides (Seahawks)
LB Boss Bailey (Lions)
WR Keary Colbert (Panthers)
S Sammy Knight (Jaguars)

Journeymen, backups and castoffs. God, it looks like we're really digging through the trash heap looking for gems...
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:57 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

only player I wouldnt mind is boss bailey. He isnt terrible (everyone looks bad on the lions) and he is pretty fast. Maybe bein on the same team as champ will get him motivated.

an...kerry colbert isnt terrible. I only saw him a little bit last year, but our WR core is pretty weak right now. Better get a couple decent ones between FA and the draft.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
only player I wouldnt mind is boss bailey. He isnt terrible (everyone looks bad on the lions) and he is pretty fast. Maybe bein on the same team as champ will get him motivated.
Sure, he's fast & athletic. But that's about it. Tackling? Poor. Awareness? Limited. I can't see how he'd help our run defense one bit.

IMO, if this guy wasn't named "Bailey", he wouldn't even be on our radar.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
jaffe28
Rookie

jaffe28 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, Colbert has apparently already signed with Denver. I suppose it's an okay depth move but I'm not real excited about it as the solution to a wideout to compliment Stokely in the slot and Marshall.
jaffe28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my best guess is that we'll draft a receiver in the second or fourth round and have that receiver battle colbert for the starting spot next to marshall, keeping stokley in the slot.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
broncofan4lyfe
Rookie

broncofan4lyfe hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

man now that the dolphins are trying to deal jason taylor it would be amazing if the broncos could get there hands on him...our d-line needs anything they can find
broncofan4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
pantherfreak

Hey, Panther fan here. Just to fill you in on Colbert, John Fox has been trying to give him the 2nd WR spot for three years now. I'm not sure what happened between his rookie year and the rest of his career, but he has regressed to the point that many local sports talk shows and fans question if he should play in the NFL. Seriously, it's that bad. Our WR corps last year featured Steve Smith, Keary Colbert, Drew Carter, and two rookies. At one point during the season, Colbert was 4th string! Then he makes it all better by laughing when he drops a pass on 3rd and 10. Bronco fans are smart fans, and I know you guys aren't jumping for joy over this signing, but don't be surprised if he doesn't win the job.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Unfortunately, I know full well about Colbert - I've got friends & family in western NC... and they have nothing nice to say about him.

I suspect the Broncos think they have a shot at reclaiming the player they saw coming out of USC, but my feeling is that it's an outside shot at best. Hopefully, they'll be quick to cut him if things don't work out.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:09 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm disappointed to Broncos picked up none of the good DTs that were on the market. They just did nothing but bring in a terrible reciever. Hard to stay optimistic =\

But I'm still hoping that we bring in Earl Bennett in the draft, and he is gonna take the job from Colbert day one lol
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
am i the only one who's disgusted by the fact that shanny and sundquist seem to think this is either a team without holes or that they can miraculously have a decent draft that might plug the holes in the next two years?
I'm with you 100%. That thudding sound was the team's talent level dropping like a stone.

They're going to need a Giants-like draft where most of the draft picks make the team and contribute on a regular basis. Since we've never actually had that kind of drafting success before, I'm not getting my hopes up...
Old 03-03-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
jaffe28
Rookie

jaffe28 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Speaking of back-ups and special teams guys...

Broncos sign linebacker Koutouvides

Once again, a reasonable depth move but not much to deal with the defense's problems.

I can see one piece of logic in getting guys to improve the special teams. Hopefully it helps address the starting field position differential the Broncos have dealt with the last couple of seasons. That's one of those things that doesn't get a huge amount of press but is clearly a big reason why the regular units have struggled.

Last edited by jaffe28 : 03-03-2008 at 11:52 AM.
jaffe28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

The Seahawks were pretty stacked at LB, so Koutouvides never really got a whole lot of playing time. From talking to the Seahawks fans around here, it sounds like he played well when given a chance at MLB. Some other words used to describe him:

- fiery
- leader
- special teams ace
- big hitter
- lunchpail guy
- solid

Looks like the kind of attitude we need, even if he doesn't pan out as major contributor at LB.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm more pissed off over our lack of effort to trade for dewayne robertson
Old 03-03-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Koutouvides is from Connecticut, which makes him my new favorite bronco