Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
sup3rk1ng
Rookie

sup3rk1ng hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
hes 270 is he gonna put some wait on and play DE?
our lose a few punds and play outside?

but i hope they move to 4-3 Willis would be amazing IMO
He weighed in at 282 at his physical, so he should be fine as a 3-4 DE
sup3rk1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good deal for him I don't know about a good fit for the team.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
He's not taking Bryant Young's spot. Most likey they signed Smith to play OLB in their 3-4 sets and DE in their 4-3 fronts.

Overall the 49er's signings have been ok. They appear to have gotten the key guys that they've keyed on. I know they wanted Pace, but Smith might be even better for them.

Only questionable move was giving Sopoaga 20M, but hey, that's my Hawaii boy so... cheeeyyaaah! He MADE it! :D

Justin Smith -- 6YR, 45M
Isa'ako Sopoaga -- 5YR, 20M
Deshaun Foster -- 2YR, 1.8
Roderick Green -- 1YR, 600K
Allen Rossum -- 1YR, 800K
Isaac Bruce -- 2YR, 6M
Dontarrious Thomas -- 2YR, ?
JT O'Sullivan -- 1YR, Minimum
"Justin Smith weighed in at 282 pounds during his physical yesterday. The 49ers confirmed that he will play right defensive end and would slide inside to tackle on passing downs. With good-looking youngster Ray McDonald also at right end, this is more evidence that Marques Douglas will not be back."

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/010904.html
Old 03-01-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I don't think he can play OLB unless it's like 15 percent of the time. And I'm also wondering why didn't the Bengals play him on the strong side. IMO he's not the athlete to play on the weakside. Isn't he more of a strength player? He'd be more successful against Right Tackles.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
The Niners really like spending money during the offseason.
As does every other team. Strange, ever since last year when we signed Nate Clements to that deal that's not going to even reach it's potential most likely and couple of others players, everyone thinks we're the Washington Redskins now. But that's the only season maybe since 1994, our championship year, when we broke the bank.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
TyronePoole38

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
He'll replace Bryant Young at LDE, a guy he is pretty similar too (though not nearly as good of course). Should be similar to Trevor Pryce's role at DE in a 3-4 or the role that Chris Long would play in a 3-4 at DE.
He's gonna be taking Doglas's spot on the right side...Soapaga will be playing the LE
Old 03-03-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The 49ers buy all these big name guys, but can they put the pieces together. I like that they are building up their defense from this offeseason and last. I think if the niners get some more help on offense they could be a real contnder in the NFC West.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always liked smith and felt he kinda got a bad rap here in cincy because he never got as many sacks as he was expected. He's a good player but didn't live up to his draft status and the money we were paying him. It'd be interesting to see him play in a 3-4 at DE because i don't think hes a good enough athlete to play OLB.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote