Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lance Briggs Re-signs with the Bears

Anything at all???
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He wants a lot of money.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last I heard, it's between the Bears and Saints.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post

Let's go Bears!
Old 03-01-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

COME TO CLEVELAND PLEASE!!!!!

I like Lance... alot........ ;)
Old 03-01-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am gunna throw out a darkhorse and say that he signs with the broncos...i can see him playing mike there, with DJ Williams sliding back to will where he excelled now that gold has been released...
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought he was going to talk to the Bucs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is?! I have been at work for the last 9-10 hours, so I didn't catch this. Would be amazing if we could get him :)

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I would love this move..Just pay the man..Him and Vilma togeather would be so money

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Holy crap yes.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone got a link to an article about the Saints being interested in Briggs?

Signature made by me

Old 03-01-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
Anyone got a link to an article about the Saints being interested in Briggs?
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...bear01.article

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was just a thread about Briggs and the Pats on the front page, but I didn't see it a second ago. Weird. I thought the guy had said he never wanted to play in a 3-4.

He would be an amazing fit next to Vilma, I must admit. If the Saints added Ellis from the draft and picked up two absolute stud linebackers...they would only have to fix their atrocious secondary to have a great D.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For all the talk about the Bears low-balling their free agents, 24 hours into free agency it looked like they were right on the money.

Wide receiver Bernard Berrian visited Minnesota on Friday but has yet to sign a contract, an indication the Vikings were not outbidding the Bears. Berrian is scheduled to travel to Oakland today.

The market for three-time Pro Bowl linebacker Lance Briggs seems to have all but evaporated. Briggs has a big-money contract on the table from the Bears, and it looked late Friday night as if the New Orleans Saints could be the only team left to bid against them.

It's believed Briggs has yet to schedule a visit. Sources close to the negotiations said reports he was headed to see the Tampa Bay Buccaneers weren't correct. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for the Bucs, with linebackers Cato June and Derrick Brooks in the fold, to throw top dollar at a third player ideally suited for the weak side.

Washington doesn't have the money to bid for Briggs, and San Francisco fell out of the running when it signed Dontarrious Thomas. Cleveland and the New York Jets are believed to be out of the hunt, leaving the Saints, who traded for Jonathan Vilma on Friday, as the only serious contender at this point. New Orleans, which will play Vilma in the middle, might have the money to retool its defense by adding Briggs on the weak side.

The Bears desperately want at least one of the players back. At this point, one source called it a 50/50 possibility that both could return, with the organization armed with $20 million in available cap room.
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...bear01.article

Quote:
The Saints might be making a play for Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs, according to a report in the Chicago Sun-Times. To our knowledge, Briggs has not scheduled a visit to New Orleans. But the Sun-Times speculated that the Saints could be Chicago's stiffest competition in the Briggs market.
Other national media reports have mentioned New Orleans as a possible destination for the 27-year-old Pro Bowler, but there has been no concrete evidence of that so far.

That Briggs market has been surprisingly quiet in the first days of free agency. Two teams thought to be in the running - San Francisco and Tampa Bay - don't seem to be aggressively pursuing him at this point.
Of course, that all could change at a moment's notice if someone offers him the type of deal that linebacker Adalius Thomas signed in New England last year (five years, $35 million).
http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008...or_briggs.html
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 03-01-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
There was just a thread about Briggs and the Pats on the front page, but I didn't see it a second ago. Weird. I thought the guy had said he never wanted to play in a 3-4.

He would be an amazing fit next to Vilma, I must admit. If the Saints added Ellis from the draft and picked up two absolute stud linebackers...they would only have to fix their atrocious secondary to have a great D.
I still don't think we have a legit chance for Ellis or Dorsey (if he falls) unless we trade up. Cincy wanted Shaun Rogers and I think they will take Ellis right before us unless we move up. I think with the tenth pick we'll take either McKelvin or DRC - Sean Payton seems to have a woody for small schoolers.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Nice. I really hope we can get a deal done with him :)

Signature made by me

Old 03-01-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

I could live with DRC.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I wouldn't be surprised if New England was interested though. They need an inside linebacker bad. And Briggs would give them a lot of flexibity if they run a 4-3 sometimes. He's a 3 down linebacker also.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DRC would be a good fit with the Saints I feel. I actually think they should consider, per a certain damnable pundit, Kentwan Balmer. You line a guy with that kind of size and athleticism next to Grant and Smith, you could see some great things.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I've been saying New England for a while. I don't know if they are interested, but it would make some sense.

At the end of the day I actually think he will end up back in Chicago, which is stunning to me. The Saints are out there, but I just don't think they budgeted the 20-25 million in bonus money it's going to take to get him away from the Bears. That's the thing about FA. Most teams have a clear idea of how much they have and how much they are going to spend. The fact that the Saints have brought in nobody big other than Vilma (who will get an extension), and the resigning of their own players, says to me that they are likely in the process of re-doing the numbers to see if there is 20 million sitting around somewhere. I don't see it.

The Broncos are another team that has essentially done nothing this offseason, and reports are that Pat Bowlen has decided that Shanny has burnt him on FA too much in the last few years and is not interesting. I don't see it.

The Bucs rumor is apparently false. If it's not false I think they are actually the front-runners, as they have the allocated money sitting right there. I just don't think they are ready to make that move either though. I don't see them pushing Derrick Brooks out the door, which is what it will take.

Cleveland has already spent a ton of money this offseason after saying they weren't going to. If you look at their activity over the last three years I think they have all but dried up their well. Sticking with Jackson, Davis, and Williams in the middle seems much more likely.

Which leaves some outside teams. Even Briggs himself said he doesn't think the Niners are in it anymore. The Lions should be in it but don't appear to be. Ditto the Giants. Maybe the Redskins change their minds and get back in it for the same deal they offered last year. I dunno.

In the end I think he'll sit around for a few more days, maybe visit with New Orleans, and hope that there is a team that will give him the 25 mil up front he wants. I don't think it will happen, and I think he comes back to Chicago for a deal similar to what Peanut Tillman got last year (around 18 mil in guarantees).

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
DRC would be a good fit with the Saints I feel. I actually think they should consider, per a certain damnable pundit, Kentwan Balmer. You line a guy with that kind of size and athleticism next to Grant and Smith, you could see some great things.
Keep Balmer the hell away from our team at 10.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Keep Balmer the hell away from our team at 10.
Trade down. He's still a good fit for that D-line. Saints could use an extra first day pick to address the secondary.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Trade down. He's still a good fit for that D-line. Saints could use an extra first day pick to address the secondary.
Pass. Rather have DRC, Rivers, or McKelvin. Balmer screams Jonathan Sullivan to me.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Pass. Rather have DRC, Rivers, or McKelvin.
Sounds good to me. Unless we can get Ellis or Dorsey of course ;)

Signature made by me

Old 03-01-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pass. Rather have DRC, Rivers, or McKelvin. Balmer screams Ryan Sims to me.
fixed it for you.