Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
the Jaguars now have two 3rds and three 5ths...that's a lot of ammo to work with...
Three? Who other than Buffalo do they have a 5th from?

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I think we'll go with a CB at #11
I was thinking that. But with the lack of pass rushing that we have, we need someone or something to take blockers off Schobel like two years ago. Thats why I thought that a speed guy like Harvey would be perfect.

I was also thinking CB, to be honest, if the Patriots dont take Talib, I think Buffalo should take him.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I wouldn't rule out Harvey. He's a potentially better fit than anyone else. That said, I'd probably guess Rivers or a CB like Talib right now, unless a WR shoots their way up.
I wouldn't mind DE either.
If we get good pressure on the QB, then our CBs dont have to be as good.

But if our CBs are good, then it allows more time for our DLine to get to the QB. It works both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nasty move by the bills. They are lookin good for the future.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I wouldn't rule out Harvey. He's a potentially better fit than anyone else. That said, I'd probably guess Rivers or a CB like Talib right now, unless a WR shoots their way up.
Absolutely no way WR is taken at 11. Im willing to bet someone their membership in this site that Buffalo doesnt take a WR at 11. Ralph has flat out said himself he will not take a WR in the 1st round, and wants to sign one in FA. Bryant Johnson is rumoured to be a fvourite for Buffalo.

I dont see Buffalo nabbing Rivers in round 1. Doesnt make sense, when Mitchell, Pos and Crowell are all I believe under contract for the next 4-5 years I wanna say.
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
Three? Who other than Buffalo do they have a 5th from?
I'm pretty sure Seattle gave up a fifth for Alvin Pearman early last season....
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all i can say is WOW. The AFC East has drastically improved after two days of free agency. All of the moves by Miami, the Jets, and now the Bills. Its about time my Patriots had some competition in the AFC East :)
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
I am about 100% positive that right now with #11 the Bills go with Derrick Harvey or Phillip Merling.
why? they just invested 54 million in aaron schobel and 24 million in chris kelsay...they have no need for a DE at #11. Maybe later in the draft, but htey have bigger needs at WR and TE...although the value is iffy there. I can see them moving down if they can find a partner to move up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was thinking that. But with the lack of pass rushing that we have, we need someone or something to take blockers off Schobel like two years ago. Thats why I thought that a speed guy like Harvey would be perfect.

I was also thinking CB, to be honest, if the Patriots dont take Talib, I think Buffalo should take him.
Sign: Antonio Bryant

1.) Derrick Harvey
2.) Patrick Lee
3.) Dustin Keller

What about that?

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 03-01-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Absolutely no way WR is taken at 11. Im willing to bet someone their membership in this site that Buffalo doesnt take a WR at 11. Ralph has flat out said himself he will not take a WR in the 1st round, and wants to sign one in FA. Bryant Johnson is rumoured to be a fvourite for Buffalo.

I dont see Buffalo nabbing Rivers in round 1. Doesnt make sense, when Mitchell, Pos and Crowell are all I believe under contract for the next 4-5 years I wanna say.
Crowell is a FA at the end of next season.
We have to lock him up now.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-01-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like the Bills will target a WR in round 1 after losing out on Ernest Wilford and signing LB Kawika Mitchell and trading and signing DTs Marcus Stroud and Spencer Johnson...but former Cardinals WR Bryant Johnson was scheduled to visit i think.
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind DE either.
If we get good pressure on the QB, then our CBs dont have to be as good.

But if our CBs are good, then it allows more time for our DLine to get to the QB. It works both ways.
i'm not sure the latter is as necessary than the former, scheme wise.

_________

oh completely forgot about the mitchell signing. yeah, i'd probably guess corner as well right now.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
why? they just invested 54 million in aaron schobel and 24 million in chris kelsay...they have no need for a DE at #11. Maybe later in the draft, but htey have bigger needs at WR and TE...although the value is iffy there. I can see them moving down if they can find a partner to move up.
Ralph Wilson already stated he doesnt want a rookie WR with the #11 pick. No way. There are bigger fish to fry with 11 than WR. Especially since rookie WR dont make immediate impacts.

Quote:
Sign: Antonio Bryant

1.) Derrick Harvey
2.) Patrick Lee
3.) Dustin Keller

What about that?
I like it for the most part. A speed rusher, a cover corner and an atletic tight end.

Quote:
Crowell is a FA at the end of next season.
We have to lock him up now.
Yea, that should be enxt on the agenda.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Nice move by the Bills. I'm really starting to like their chances of challenging for a wildcard playoff berth next season.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt117 View Post
looks like the Bills will target a WR in round 1 after losing out on Ernest Wilford and signing LB Kawika Mitchell and trading and signing DTs Marcus Stroud and Spencer Johnson...but former Cardinals WR Bryant Johnson was scheduled to visit i think.
Bryant Johnson is in Buffalo right now (I'm pretty sure of this)

anyways, here is more confirmation of the trade...

__________________________________________________ _____

The Buffalo Bills acquired three-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Marcus Stroud in a trade with Jacksonville.

The deal was announced by the Bills at a press conference on Saturday.
It was not immediately clear what the Bills gave up in exchange for Stroud, a seven-year veteran who had the Jaguars' permission to seek a trade.

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/288871.html

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-01-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a calculated risk on the Bills' part, banking on Stroud's ankle and his health in general, and giving up early 3rd and 5th round picks. But as I said, as someone who roots for the Bills thanks to family/childhood ties, I like the move for them.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
It's a calculated risk on the Bills' part, banking on Stroud's ankle and his health in general, and giving up early 3rd and 5th round picks. But as I said, as someone who roots for the Bills thanks to family/childhood ties, I like the move for them.
You originally from Buffalo or WNY Geo?
Old 03-01-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Growing up, all of the relatives I knew lived in Buffalo (having arrived as immigrants), so it was practically home away from home from Toronto for my family. I have much love for the city of Buffalo, and everyone in the extended family still roots for the Bills despite having all moved to California.

Last edited by Geo : 03-01-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
heavyduty
Rookie

heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am about 100% positive that right now with #11 the Bills go with Derrick Harvey or Phillip Merling.
i will throw up if we pick phillip merling. i do not like derrick harvey either, i definetly think and hope we go CB in the first.
"it won't change not one way how I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can't stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play." - Ray Lewis after being fined $20,000 for hit on Hines Ward

Let's Go BUFFALO!
heavyduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Growing up, all of the relatives I knew lived in Buffalo, so it was practically home away from home from Toronto for my family. I have much love for the city of Buffalo.
Oh, so your originally from Toronto? Im from Mississauga, as you could probably see.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I think we will go CB round 1. Don't rule out Brandon Flowers at that spot. We have talked to him and I think he would absolutely flourish in our scheme.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Seems a bit high for a corner, given the scheme and the positional depth in the draft class. We'll see, I guess.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Seems a bit high for a corner, given the scheme and the positional depth in the draft class. We'll see, I guess.
I agree that it would be high but I don't question Flowers' skill. I think he could be our "Asante Samuel" if you will.

If we go DE I really hope that it's not Merling. I wouldn't mind Harvey but that would be a bit high for him as well. I'm rooting for Flowers or Malcolm Kelly.

Billingsley - Wilson said WR's take a while to develop, I don't think he ever said we weren't going to take one. Plus, alot of talk leading up to the draft is fluff/smokescreens.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
I agree that it would be high but I don't question Flowers' skill. I think he could be our "Asante Samuel" if you will.

If we go DE I really hope that it's not Merling. I wouldn't mind Harvey but that would be a bit high for him as well. I'm rooting for Flowers or Malcolm Kelly.

Billingsley - Wilson said WR's take a while to develop, I don't think he ever said we weren't going to take one. Plus, alot of talk leading up to the draft is fluff/smokescreens.
Well, Ralph said that he has other areas he would like to adress with #11. He did say that they take a lot of time to develop, and he doesnt want to take a player who will take a long time ot develop in the first round. I agree with him.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Well, Ralph said that he has other areas he would like to adress with #11. He did say that they take a lot of time to develop, and he doesnt want to take a player who will take a long time ot develop in the first round. I agree with him.
To an extent I agree with him but big, fast talented WR's like Kelly, Sweed and Hardy aren't a dime a dozen. I fear that if we pass them up in Round 1 then they will all be gone by our 2nd rounder. With all of these additions to our D in FA, I wouldn't count out the possibility of us going WR in Round 1 and TE in Round 2 (assuming we don't sign Bryant Johnson/Ben Troupe) to give Edwards some weapons on offense (especially in the Red Zone).