Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I love this signing, he's a guy who can stretch the field and you have to account for, he wont demand alot of balls either as he is a complementary guy, Edwards and Winslow can still be the focus of the offense, I like the moves they are making this off season, very impressive...If Derek Anderson starts losing games I expect him to be pulled very quickly, Romeo intends on making the playoffs this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
and the pats continue to fall apart it seems. Welker is an average WR without Moss, so they had better resign him quickly
so true. New Stallworth was going to be gone but now that it is done i am sadened. Hopefully Patriots can sign moss. Welker is only effective as a slot receiver. If stallworth and moss leave welker cant succeed IMO.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Ah, well, Id say that just getting Corey Williams and Shaun Rogers alone bolsters that defense.
True...but their secondary is the main concern, IMO.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They get another great WR to compliment Edwards. I will say the Browns are my second favorite team, I feel they suffer in many ways the Eagles have suffered, so they are my favorite AFC team.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
The OUTLAW
Rookie

The OUTLAW hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
True...but their secondary is the main concern, IMO.
The Browns secondary was mainly a concern because of the inability of them to get pressure on anyone. Hopefully these trades along with another move for a LB/DE will help. The Browns are very happy with the CB's that they picked up last year in the draft.

Vince Lombardi
The OUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought we'd sign Donte soon. Good signing, we needed a young good receiver for our #2 so we could move Joe Jurevicius to the slot where he is best for us. Also, Joe is gonna retire after this season, so it's best to get the position taken care of ahead of time. And it's not like Phil Savage is in win now mode or anything this year based on our moves so far.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another impressive move by an impressive GM.

So far I give the Browns an A- for this offseason. Corey Williams is a stud. Rogers is a promising addition. Stallworth is a mighty fine #2 WR. 7 year, 35M... perfect.

Definitely in "win now" mode as they've completely sacrificed their draft. That's the only draw back to their moves.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

PFT.com said it is 5 year 35 mill with 10 mill gauranteed?
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That seems like a pretty good deal for Stallworth.

We'll see if he proves more productive as the #3 option in Cleveland behind Edwards and Winslow, than he was in New England behind Moss and Welker. Which wasn't very.

Last edited by Geo : 03-01-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

I hope so just because we might run into cap problems soon.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
757Dawg
Rookie

757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
I hope so just because we might run into cap problems soon.
I don't believe we will.

Unlike Butch Davis, Phil Savage has done a remarkable job at managing the cap.

Now, if we were to start handing out big deals left and right like the Dan Snyder Redskins have done in the past, then you'd have a point. How anyone can actually compare Savage to Snyder is beyond me.

We're in good cap standing and will be for the foreseeable future.
757Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many seasons has he played and not missed time because of injury, three or so?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's never played less than 11 games in a season, at least. :p

Here's the stat sheet.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really pissed right now, but I don't know who to be pissed off at: Cincy's FO, Detroit, or the NFL.

damn, I hate to say this but Cleveland's looking pretty damn good in the off-season.

I already thought they were the most improved team in the league last year.

Our division just got a lot tougher, or maybe Baltimore is the new Cleveland.

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pQyK6mKCiDg

Awsome video on Stallworth being a team player. This is gonna really help our team when a guy has this attitude.

Clevelandbrowns.com officially said the deal is for 7 years.

They also said He is one of Braylon Edwards close friends so this is great.

I think the Bengals Ravens and Steelers have gotten worse so far this offseason and Cleveland got worlds better again. We have a tough schedule this year but I exspect us to go 10-6 again or maybe 11-5.

Last edited by DawgBone : 03-01-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Man, never thought a year ago that I would be sitting here thinking about how good we're gonna be this year instead of how bad...

This is awesome.
Good I'm really happy for you

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Good addition, but I'm not sure about Anderson still. Also, their defense still has to come together before they're considered the favorite to win anything.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
eliteeagle
Rookie

eliteeagle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
The 8th. The NFL has decided to extend the draft so the Browns can pick someone.
Post of the day!!!!!

tim carter upgraded to Donte Stallworth.... very nice!

My Left Tackle can out-fish your Left Tackle
eliteeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Good I'm really happy for you
Yeah the Steelers are doing a really good job in free agency.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok signing. Just get used to

Donte Stallworth- Questionable- Hamstring
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:18 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

2005 - Saints
2006 - Eagles
2007 - Patriots
2008 - Browns

boy does he move around
guess hes now staying put
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:24 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Definitely in "win now" mode as they've completely sacrificed their draft. That's the only draw back to their moves.
Why draft when you can just crush a free-agency period?

It's the same thing only less guesswork.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:50 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Why draft when you can just crush a free-agency period?

It's the same thing only less guesswork.
theres a reason that big spenders in fa typically don't have great success. Its always teams that build through the draft that seem to win it all.

And winslowbodden, the steelers have done exactly what they always do in fa. They sign some lower tier role players but thats it. And it seems to work for them.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:40 AM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
theres a reason that big spenders in fa typically don't have great success. Its always teams that build through the draft that seem to win it all.

And winslowbodden, the steelers have done exactly what they always do in fa. They sign some lower tier role players but thats it. And it seems to work for them.
Pretty sure the Cowboys and Patriots got the majority of their good players through FA and they were considered 2 of the top 3 teams this year.

The draft can be a crap shoot and you usually only pull away with 2 good players out of 7 picks. The Browns just gauranteed 3 solid players as long as they stay healthy.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:12 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I was just responding to that one guy who loves to be a complete jack ass 100% of the time.

I'm just saying, Steelers haven't signed anyone yet (I believe.) They should target someone like Javon Walker while he's still out there and some offensive linemen. You guys are hurting without Faneca, although I expect you to go o-line in the draft.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote