Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the deal but considering we were desperate for some WR help it's understandable. I'd rather have this money in Berrian than Williamson who had a 49 Million dollar contract unders us I believe.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like something Minnesota would do... I'm just surprised it wasn't Carlyle Holliday...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Does this mean the Bears will offer Lance Briggs more money?
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
Does this mean the Bears will offer Lance Briggs more money?
Yes, which makes me very sadfaced.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I think Briggs is on his way back to Chicago.

He's definately a better player than Bernard, it's arguable which was more important for our success (or lack thereof) next year.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Yes, which makes me very sadfaced.
Try being a Chiefs fan our big off season move so far is picking up FB Oliver Hoyte off waviers from the Cowboys.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bf_51 and I shall duel to see who gets Briggs.

The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Makes sense now that they don't have to pay Berrian.

I still hope the Saints can get him somehow.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We overpayed, so what? Everyone overpays in FA and we needed a WR to strech the field. If we weren't going to pay him somebody would have. We have the cap space to do the deal and it is not hurting our team, so why all of the complaining. The fact is no WR in the draft will be better then Berrian will be next year and we cannot afford to wait a couple years for a WR to develop. We had a need, we addressed that need. So what if we won't have 30 mill of cap space next year. Who the hell really needs that kind of cap flexibility.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Try being a Chiefs fan our big off season move so far is picking up FB Oliver Hoyte off waviers from the Cowboys.
Ha ha. That made me laugh out loud. :D

My condolences.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We havent done anything at all.

EDIT: Okay thats wrong, we actually shoved our arm in BBs ass

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
We overpayed, so what? Everyone overpays in FA and we needed a WR to strech the field. If we weren't going to pay him somebody would have. We have the cap space to do the deal and it is not hurting our team, so why all of the complaining. The fact is no WR in the draft will be better then Berrian will be next year and we cannot afford to wait a couple years for a WR to develop. We had a need, we addressed that need. So what if we won't have 30 mill of cap space next year. Who the hell really needs that kind of cap flexibility.
Sidney Crosby/Desean Jackson/$42M > Sidney Crosby/Bernard Berrian
Old 03-01-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think D has hockey on the brain at the moment. Sidney Rice?
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

LOL, we haven't even had a visit yet. Corey Smith and Brandon Chillar are supposed to be in Green Bay Monday or Tuesday. But, we're a lot better than the Chiefs so I can understand.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
We resigned Todd Collins and our kicker. And we have Will Demps scheduled to visit!@@!@#

But I thought Snyder signs everybody : O
Old 03-01-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Ha ha. That made me laugh out loud. :D

My condolences.
I'm glad you liked it I got bad rep from a Packers fan for saying it.:)

I was so hurt.:(
Old 03-01-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah I think Briggs is on his way back to Chicago.

He's definately a better player than Bernard, it's arguable which was more important for our success (or lack thereof) next year.
Oh let's not hide your profusive love for Bernard now...
Old 03-01-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Desean Jackson is crap. We cannot afford to spend a 1st rounder on him anyways. We have greater needs. What the hell do you want us to do with our money. I find it funny that a cowboys fan is complaining about overpaying. I am just amazed that you would say something that foolish.
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is interesting that the Vikings and the NFL want the state of Minnesota to pony up 75% of the cost of a new stadium. I wouldn't be suprised if Berrian is playing in Los Angeles in 2011.

D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm glad you liked it I got bad rep from a Packers fan for saying it.:)

I was so hurt.:(
Well, I just gave you + rep for making me laugh. :D
Old 03-01-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Oh let's not hide your profusive love for Bernard now...
I have a profuse love for both. They are (were) two of my three favorite Bears along with Adewale Ogunleye.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
The best OG in the league??? Hutch??
oops I meant the right side. Thought with Mckinnie off and being awesome I probably can't name the LT either.
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
We resigned Todd Collins and our kicker. And we have Will Demps scheduled to visit!@@!@#

But I thought Snyder signs everybody : O
I thought you guys would have locked up Briggs by now all the talk before FA they would make a run at him?
Old 03-01-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Desean Jackson is crap. We cannot afford to spend a 1st rounder on him anyways. We have greater needs. What the hell do you want us to do with our money. I find it funny that a cowboys fan is complaining about overpaying. I am just amazed that you would say something that foolish.
You could sub any first round WR if you want. But Desean is not crap and you'll see when he rivals Devin Hester as the best return man in the NFL while being one of the best deep threats in the game.

Where should you have used your money? Donte Stallworth is a start.

BTW, who exactly are the Cowboys overpaying and wasting their money on? Your boy Berrian is now earning Terrell Owens type money.

We just signed Flozell Adams for the same money that Berrian got. ...and Adams is a Pro Bowl tackle and one of the top 10 in the league at a premium position.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I have a profuse love for both. They are (were) two of my three favorite Bears along with Adewale Ogunleye.
I admire Hester and Urlacher myself from afar.