Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Um, why are people so sold that he's not going to the Patriots? Seriously, why? Simply because they are in the same division? Does Parcells strike you as the type that cares where a guy goes? He doesn't to me. My feeling on Parcells is that, if the deal makes sense for the Dolphins, he'll make it and not look back.

Comes down to what the demads are. Value is probably going to be a 2nd of some sort.

Other teams I could see (beyond the Packers/Patriots) -

Detroit Lions - Are they in a win now mode? If so, Taylor ups the ante and improves their DL.

Minnesota Vikings -This one makes a lot of sense to me. They have extra picks and have addressed S/WR.

Washington Redskins - Doesn't this seem like a Snyder type move, particularly coming off a playoff appearance?

Carolina Panthers - They could really use the pass rush help and the leadership is definitely in a make or break scenario.

Houston Texans - Can they put together a package (swap 18 and 32 for one possibility)? They could use that pass rushing end. Is it the time to make such a move? I like this one, a lot.

Tennessee Titans - They need an end if Odom/LaBoy leave.

Jacksonville Jaguars - This one might make a lot of sense as well, for Taylor and the Jags. He gets to stay in Florida.

Cincinnati Bengals - Eh ... but they could use the pass rush help.

I really like the Texans fit. They need that pass rusher, and at 32, they still have good DB options. For the Fins, this allows them to get fancy. They could still trade down, or they could be withing striking distance of some, perhaps, OL talent.

Jacksonville makes a lot of sense as well.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Um, why are people so sold that he's not going to the Patriots? Seriously, why? Simply because they are in the same division? Does Parcells strike you as the type that cares where a guy goes? He doesn't to me. My feeling on Parcells is that, if the deal makes sense for the Dolphins, he'll make it and not look back.
Division rival... yeah that's part of it. But additionally, for me at least, I don't think the Patriots will give Miami enough. I don't think Parcells will let him go to NE unless they overpay. That won't happen.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Lions need a stud, pure pass-rusher, and the coaches want a veteran player at the position. They also have an extra third... so I'd gladly give them a 2nd and 4th for him.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Jags could trade for him for a good price, I'd do it.

Maybe send Miami our Marcus Stroud picks.

Jason Taylor would produce for another couple years. Not only would that give us a better overall team RIGHT NOW, but it would give us the opportunity to develop good young depth for when he slows down, instead of need-drafting guys and throwing them into the fire.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
The Lions need a stud, pure pass-rusher, and the coaches want a veteran player at the position. They also have an extra third... so I'd gladly give them a 2nd and 4th for him.
The Lions would still be third place in the division even with Jason Taylor.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

in ted we trust
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
The Lions would still be third place in the division even with Jason Taylor.
Wow... how wise. You are a football genius and should be treated as such. Well done.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Isn't Taylor like 33? I can't imagine it being a good idea to give up anything more than a 3rd for someone that age, especially knowing you're only going to get 2-4 years out of him...
Old 03-01-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
If the Jags could trade for him for a good price, I'd do it.

Maybe send Miami our Marcus Stroud picks.

Jason Taylor would produce for another couple years. Not only would that give us a better overall team RIGHT NOW, but it would give us the opportunity to develop good young depth for when he slows down, instead of need-drafting guys and throwing them into the fire.
you seem to be forgetting that Jacksonville is a good pass rusher away from being a legit Superbowl contender...

Jason Taylor would vault our defense over the top...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish the Jets make a play for him but it won't happen.. No way do they trade him in the AFC East plus i don't want them to trade away any more picks. 1st, 2nd, 2 4ths, 6th, 7th and I think another one from the Kendall deal.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

I would love the Rams to make a play for him. I'm not sure what rounds they want in return, but the Rams could then take Jake Long and also fill the DE hole. It would be an extremely temporart fix at DE though, with Little on the other side.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
I would love the Rams to make a play for him. I'm not sure what rounds they want in return, but the Rams could then take Jake Long and also fill the DE hole. It would be an extremely temporart fix at DE though, with Little on the other side.
What's the point then? If you're not going to be a contender you shouldn't trade away a second+ for him.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
briz222x

Taylor probably wouldnt go to many teams, only contenders. He would probably retire than be traded to a team like Oakland or something. He is 33 years old, 34 when the season starts and hes never won a championship im sure that is his top priority. I think it will come down to what Taylor wants because he could threaten retirement if he dont get what he wants. I bet he goes to New England for a 3rd and a 5th round pick.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz222x View Post
Taylor probably wouldnt go to many teams, only contenders. He would probably retire than be traded to a team like Oakland or something. He is 33 years old, 34 when the season starts and hes never won a championship im sure that is his top priority. I think it will come down to what Taylor wants because he could threaten retirement if he dont get what he wants. I bet he goes to New England for a 3rd and a 5th round pick.

Nope, I can guarantee we won't trade him to New England. I would be EXTREMELY surprised if we did. Like I said before, i think we learned our lesson with Welker.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:11 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Incidentally, now that the teams know this, what is stopping them from waiting until he's given his release and then bidding on him?
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Incidentally, now that the teams know this, what is stopping them from waiting until he's given his release and then bidding on him?
Because I very highly doubt we would outright release him, and teams know that.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:23 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Stroud,Rogers,Jenkins all got traded pretty quick 1-2 days
so i think he will be traded by monday night
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:43 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I agree, he's too good of a player on the trade block and with all of these big name defensive line guys getting traded so quickly it's easy to say that the market will soon be out with Taylor...
Old 03-02-2008, 04:15 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I can't see a better fit than New England. He has experience in playing on his feet; he is the type of veteran (read: old) savvy player that BB covets--particularly at the LB position--he is a solid character guy that is highly intelligent.....and having Parcells there makes it more likely (not less, where do people get this from?) that a deal will get done.

To me, its all about compensation. If New England offers enough to satisfy Miami, it will get done. Its just a matter of whether or not they have the interest. Given the fact that they just cut their starting ROLB from last year, and that their high 1st rounder would be better served filling the glaring need at CB, I don't see how they aren't interested. I will be mildly surprised if New England doesn't end up getting him.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:17 AM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
What's the point then? If you're not going to be a contender you shouldn't trade away a second+ for him.
First of all, I wouldn't trade a 2nd round pick for Taylor, especially the 2nd pick in the 2nd round. I don't think I would even trade the last pick in the 2nd round for him considering he probably has 3 years left maximum. Secondly, everyone is a contender in some capacity in the NFC West. Seattle should be the favorite, but I wouldn't say they are etched in stone as the divisional winner.

So basically, I don't know what rumors are going around, but a 2nd rounder for Taylor seems awfully steep to me, especially with Shaun Rogers, Kris Jenkins, Jonathon Vilma, etc all being traded without 2nd rounders involved. Those guys are all considerably younger than Taylor. I would be mildly shocked if someone traded a 2nd rounder for him.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:46 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

I think the Jaguars should offer their two thirds for him...seems like fair compensation...
Old 03-02-2008, 04:49 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have long thought that Taylor would be traded to Minnesota, he'd be perfect for them and in the dome. Plus they'd be willing to sign him to a new deal.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:54 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I have long thought that Taylor would be traded to Minnesota, he'd be perfect for them and in the dome. Plus they'd be willing to sign him to a new deal.
but what makes you think that Taylor would want to go to minnesota or that Minnesota would want Taylor?
Old 03-02-2008, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Nope, I can guarantee we won't trade him to New England. I would be EXTREMELY surprised if we did. Like I said before, i think we learned our lesson with Welker.
You didn't really have much of a choice on Welker. The Patriots would have signed him to an offer sheet that couldn't be matched. The only reason it became a trade is because the Pats wanted to lessen the compensation they would have to give up...
Old 03-02-2008, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im praying to the packer gods that we get him.

THE PACK IS BACK!
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote