Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Chiefs Haul In Williams

CHIEFS HAUL IN WILLIAMS

The free-agency frenzy continues, even late into a Saturday night.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, the Chiefs have agreed to terms with former Falcons linebacker Demorrio Williams on a five-year, $16 million contract.

The deal includes $5.5 million in guaranteed money.
LarryJohnson27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

I think the Chiefs just jumped the Chargers in the division.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on now dude this is a good sign but its not going to bump a team like the chiefs past the chargers. Thats pretty stupid saying that. Upgrading your LB core with one guy wont put you past a team that has no glaring weaknesses. Chiefs Oline is weak, secondary is average and old plus they have have a major problem at Q...

1. Chargers
2. Broncos
3. Chiefs
4. Raiders

Last edited by Thunder&Lightning : 03-02-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would he play? He is a WLB...isnt that the same position as Johnson?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
Come on now dude this is a good sign but its not going to bump a team like the chiefs past the chargers. Thats pretty stupid saying that. Upgrading your LB core with one guy wont put you past a team that has no glaring weaknesses. Chiefs Oline is weak, secondary is average and old plus they have have a major problem at Q...

1. Chargers
2. Broncos
3. Chiefs
4. Raiders
well other than HC,WRs,and QB probably not.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
What would he play? He is a WLB...isnt that the same position as Johnson?
nope. I think they keep Johnson at the SLB, move Edwards to MLB, and play Williams at WLB.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
nope. I think they keep Johnson at the SLB, move Edwards to MLB, and play Williams at WLB.
This seems likely, although the Chiefs don't really employ strong or weak sides on defense, everybody is left or right.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is a good signing. The value on the contract is good--especially when considering the other contract being doled out--and Williams is a solid LB.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
i'd have to disagree on a few of those fronts. I would also put the chargers WR and QB above that of KCs

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnson plays SLB? Really? I couldve sworn he plays weakside.

Williams is a good guy, and has the chance to get alot better in the future. He overpursues like no other and bites on playactions like Grady Jackson biting on his burgers. He is also a bit undersized and gets swallowed up against blockers or any sort. But, he is very athletic is great against the pass. He will fly across the screen to make a tackle or blow up a screen play. But even his weakness can be worked on. Good deal.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quite the haul. Decent starter.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to burst your bubble but Demorrio Williams barely held off a 4th round rookie for his job. He's weak at the point of attack, and will over-pursue.
Then again, I have been more critical of his play than other Falcons' fans.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our problem is not at QB. It's at offensive line. I will agree on that. And no glaring weakness? Please. This is the same argument every Chargers fan spouts. I still don't buy the whole "best roster in the NFL" thing.

This is a good signing, but we have other areas that need improvement. With that being said, I'm realistic and I don't think we've jumped anyone in our division, but I also think the Chargers are overrated.

Last edited by vidae : 03-02-2008 at 03:37 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Donnie Edwards is expected to move to MLB..and D.Williams to take over the weak side.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post

1. Chargers
2. Broncos
3. Chiefs
4. Raiders
I'm pretty sure he was joking when he said that.

As for the pick up while I do like it and we didn't over pay we have WAY bigger needs like OL,CB and WR.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not a bad signing. He is decent, but extremely frustrating. He has great speed, but you are going to see him constantly overpursue and take himself out of plays. It gets old quick, but he's definately going to make some plays with his speed.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
that is what is being reported will happen.Nap Harris will get kicked to the sideline or released
Old 03-02-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
i'd have to disagree on a few of those fronts. I would also put the chargers WR and QB above that of KCs

Chris Chambers + Vincent Jackson + Craig Davis = pretty good group the Chargers have going there at WR.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont understand how you can say the chargers dont have a good WR corps Chambers still has a lot of juice left in his engine, Jackson proved to us in the playoffs that he can become a go to guy, and Davis will have a breakout year next year and is a perfect guy for the slot. Chargers have one of the top WR corps in the league in my opinion and with Gates opposing secondaries should be scared next year.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Their receiving corp is okay. I would definitely not put them among the best in the league.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
#1chiefs_fan

good signing. williams is a young fast player who still has room to improve.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Gates I think you have to put the Chargers in the upper echelon in terms of weapons.

Demorrio Williams is LT's dream linebacker; this guy is gonna get chucked out of his chucks.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
I really wasnt comparing them to KC.Although you're right.
They just arent anything special at QB and WR.they're just ok.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who thinks that SD's WR group is even above average is on crack.

If such and such happens, then they might be, but as of the last football game that was played, they aren't even average. Still, they don't have to be that great, with Gates and LT, they only need to be able to make defenses pay for cheating on those other guys, which they are by a mile.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs will be the worst team in the AFC West next year...but in a way, I'm glad, finally we're going through a re-building process rather than signing over the hill bandaids each year.

I like the signing since he's a great fit for the Cover 2 scheme we run...DJ, Edwards, and Williams will form probably the fastest LB core in the league

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote