Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I've gotta admit, even though I'm not in love with this move, the Bills have had a really good offseason so far.

Who did they end up signing as their GM anyway?
Techincally it is Russ BRandon. He was the head of marketing and did strictly financial decisions within the team. He is only GM by name, he doesnt make any personell decisions. That is left to Tom Modrak and I want tosay John Guy.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5903

Johnson officially at One Bills Drive today...
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

And looking sharp... probably for a press conference?!?!

WR JOHNSON LOOKING SHARP: Just saw Bryant Johnson upstairs here at One Bills Drive and he is looking sharp. Johnson's got a form fitting navy blue suit on with a lavender power tie going. He was with a few front office execs and receivers coach Tyke Tolbert so I didn't get a chance to speak with him. He'll likely be meeting with most of the offensive staff and front office people most of the day today.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He hasn't signed yet. He will still visit the Redskins.

http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3056

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't know too much about him, but I have seen him play before and he is average at best. He sprouces up the Bills WR though.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him a lot. I think he can be a legit starter in the NFL, just has never had the chance.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today
Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:19 PM ET | Link

JUST TALKED TO JOHNSON: Just had the opportunity to talk to Bryant Johnson when he had a few minutes free on his visit. We'll have the whole interview on the multimedia page in about 20 minutes or so. I'll provide the link here in my blog when it's ready.

Johnson is definitely interested in the Bills as a potential employer. Advantages for the Bills, they have a #2 WR role open for the taking. Receivers coach Tyke Tolbert was his receivers coach in Arizona his rookie year so there's some familiarity there.

The only negative is Johnson does have another visit scheduled and it's with the Redskins.

Here was one of his more interesting comments from my conversation with him.

Does he see the Bills as a potential fit?

“Definitely a potential fit. They need help on the outside. I feel like I can come in and help on the outside. I like the Bills. I used to watch the Bills a lot back when they went to every Super Bowl in the early 90’s. It’s a nice facility, I’m enjoying my tour. I definitely like the town. I look forward to hopefully becoming a Buffalo Bill.”

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted him if we couldn't get Berrian.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.buffalobills.com/multimedia/index.jsp?FILE_300=%68%74%74%70%3A%2F%2F%70%6C%61% 79%2E%72%62%6E%2E%63%6F%6D%2F%3F%75%72%6C%3D%6E%66 %6C%2F%6E%66%6C%2F%6F%70%65%6E%2F%62%69%6C%6C%73%2 F%77%6D%64%65%6D%61%6E%64%2F%30%36%62%69%6C%6C%73% 66%6F%63%75%73%2F%30%33%30%33%30%38%62%6A%6F%68%6E %73%6F%6E%31%6F%6E%31%2E%77%6D%76%26%70%72%6F%74%6 F%3D%6D%6D%73%3F%6D%73%77%6D%65%78%74%3D%2E%61%73% 78

here's an interview with him

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Man with Bryant's comments it really looks like he wants to be here. I guess it must be a money issue...
Old 03-03-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

According to WGRZ in Buffalo, Johnson's agent and the Bills are negotiating tonight...
Old 03-03-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Bluedevil$ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Johnson would be a nice catch for Buffalo... I like him alot better than Berrian.
Bluedevil$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

I really hope this happens, he has performed in his chances with injuries to fitzy or boldin and i think he can b e a HUGE asset to us in the passing game!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

An ongoing saga continues. John Clayton reports the Bills are still negotiating with Johnson and it seems that he wants to be a Bill more than the Bills want him. A deal could get done as soon as today. It will all come down to money, though. Eventually I think we will sign him.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
An ongoing saga continues. John Clayton reports the Bills are still negotiating with Johnson and it seems that he wants to be a Bill more than the Bills want him. A deal could get done as soon as today. It will all come down to money, though. Eventually I think we will sign him.
i thinks bills is one of the teams he has the best chance to start right away
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills are just waiting it out apparently. Johnson is a hard contract to draw up because everyone knows he has potential but because of his situation he wasn't always in the best situation to show that.

It's probably an incentive based contract and it doesn't help that the Bills are trying to re-extend Lee Evans at the same time and then the whole Javon Walker thing which is probably why the wait. He's expected to sign by the end of the week though.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Yeah, so he signed with SF. Intersting signing. Didnt really see them as a player in all of this, but I think it helps them. Too bad we couldnt pull the trigger on it earlier. The only WR I want to see Buffalo draft in Round 1 is Limas Sweed. No to Kelly and Jackson.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes sense, the Bills could use a corner.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:12 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Yeah, so he signed with SF. Intersting signing. Didnt really see them as a player in all of this, but I think it helps them. Too bad we couldnt pull the trigger on it earlier. The only WR I want to see Buffalo draft in Round 1 is Limas Sweed. No to Kelly and Jackson.
San Fran is an interesting destination but he must figure he's going to see alot of passes coming his way in Martz's offense

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers are going to be this past year's Packers. I wouldn't be shocked to see this much improved San Francisco team make a surprise run out of the NFC.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither would I .

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did the Niners only sign him to a 1-year deal?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith and Shaun Hill are San Fran's QBs and their O-line is still not very good. Green Bay was loaded at WR and had freakin' Brett Favre behind a great offensive line. San Fran is not gonna be this year's Packers, but they probably could win 7-9 games if they overachieve.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Alex Smith and Shaun Hill are San Fran's QBs and their O-line is still not very good. Green Bay was loaded at WR and had freakin' Brett Favre behind a great offensive line. San Fran is not gonna be this year's Packers, but they probably could win 7-9 games if they overachieve.
Eh...the SF O-line isn't bad, but there are still some question marks about it so we'll have to wait for the season. As far as QB play goes...Martz is gunna help alot, and hopefully we won't have a rash of injuries there again. Dilfer is addition by subtraction.

I didn't see this signing coming, but I like it as a 1 year try out and help Martz with his 3 and 4 WR sets.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
sup3rdup3r
Rookie

sup3rdup3r hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.sup3rdup3r hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
Eh...the SF O-line isn't bad, but there are still some question marks about it so we'll have to wait for the season. As far as QB play goes...Martz is gunna help alot, and hopefully we won't have a rash of injuries there again. Dilfer is addition by subtraction.

I didn't see this signing coming, but I like it as a 1 year try out and help Martz with his 3 and 4 WR sets.
Ditto. The o-line issue was more a schematic thing than anything else. Most of the guys had no idea who they were supposed to be blocking and that was due to Hostlers stupid scheme. It was also combined with the fact of qbs holding the ball too long. Dilfer basically took his sweet old time when he dropped back and racked up a ton of sacks. Shaun Hill seemed to have plenty of time to throw when he was in there, he'd also get rid of the ball quickly. He was sacked just 4 times in his 2.5 starts.
sup3rdup3r is offline   Reply With Quote