Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Are you happy with your teams Free Agency?

Are you happy with who your team has signed so far? And, if your team hasn't signed anyone, are you happy with the inactivity?

So far, im ok with the 49ers FA. They signed a bunch of cheap depth players (J.T. O'Sullivan, Dontarrius Thomas, Deshaun Foster, Allen Rossum) who aren't even guaranteed to make the roster but will at least provide competition to the starters or backups. I'm indifferent to these signins.

They also made 2 big signings- Isaac Bruce (2 years, 6 million, guaranteed money unkown) and Justin Smith (6 years, 45 million, 20 million guaranteed). Im fine with the Bruce signing as he knows the scheme, but the smith signing is very risky as he is a 4-3 end coming to play 3-4 DE. He also isn't a playmaker- not a bad thing as long as he executes his assignments, but not worth $20 million guaranteed IMO. I hated the signing when i first heard of it but now i am just indifferent.

Anyways those are my thoughts on my teams FA...what do you think about your teams FA?

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 03-02-2008 at 08:08 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two words: Hell no.
Bigbadbob72
Rookie

Bigbadbob72 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am happy with what the browns have done except for the Derek Anderson resigning. He would could have traded him than this off season would have been perfect.
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills signed....
-Kawika Mitchell
-Spencer Johnson

Traded for....
-Marcus Stroud

Yes, I am happy with our FA so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya the Bears cut the fat and brought back Briggs. I hope we add another player or 2 but at least we didn't give 42 mil for Berrian.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At first i was very disappointed in the Giants Free Agency so far but after seeing the absurd contract Wilson was given, im glad we did not sign him to that because he is not as great as the contract says. All of them are replaceable, it hurts a little, but they are replaceable.

I have complete faith in what ever our GM Jerry Reese does and does not do in FA and in the draft so im not that worried any more

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not at all (Rams)

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The answer is yes. Improved secondary, improved passing game...good so far.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Gridiron
Rookie

Gridiron hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jets: ABSOLUTELY!
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Yes very.

We've resigned Collins and Suisham. We're probably going to push for D.J. Hackett, who should come fairly cheap. Will Demps has been brought in for a look, who would be a nice cheap signing. There could always be a late trade to Cinci for Chad, which I'd have mixed feelings about, depending on the deal.

I expect us to be more active around Wednesday-Thursday.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

titans yes...we have made a solid signing with alge crumpler IMO, we will likely go after some second tier guys in the coming weeks and we havent lost any players that cant be replaced
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very happy with what the Vikings have done. They addressed two of their biggest needs and still have plenty of cap room left.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Chiefs fan? No, but I guess I didn't expect us to grab any of the big name players anyway.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Bills signed....
-Kawika Mitchell
-Spencer Johnson

Traded for....
-Marcus Stroud

Yes, I am happy with our FA so far.
Plus Bryant Johnson and Ben Troupe tomorrow?
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Signings:
CB Drayton Florence (upgrades the secondary)
WR Jerry Porter (expected to come in and produce...upgrade)
WR Troy Williamson (gives us the world class speed that we didn't have before)
QB Cleo Lemon (capable backup to Garrard, experience, strengthens the position)

Traded:
Marcus Stroud for a 3rd and a 5th round draft selection...(gives us more ammo to move up in the first round if we want, we get great compensation for an aging, oft-injured DT who hasn't had more than three sacks in a season the past three seasons...)
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers: I would say im not happy but im not suprised either...Chargers really never do much. I knew it was coming but im ok with the release of olivea and mcree but im sad to see Neal gone. He was one of the cornerstones to our franchise for years. But, I am very happy to see the chargers resign Volek with the uncertainty of Rivers health and his knee. Overall even though we do not need much I wish they did more but again im not suprised...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, I'm happy with the Jets one free agency signing of Alan Faneca. If they sign Calvin Pace and/or Damien Woody, I won't be though.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the moves the steelers made: None. Maybe could have signed an OL though.
Strongside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Free Agency started? Apparently Gruden didn't get the memo.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
Signings:
CB Drayton Florence (upgrades the secondary)
WR Jerry Porter (expected to come in and produce...upgrade)
WR Troy Williamson (gives us the world class speed that we didn't have before)QB Cleo Lemon (capable backup to Garrard, experience, strengthens the position)

Traded:
Marcus Stroud for a 3rd and a 5th round draft selection...(gives us more ammo to move up in the first round if we want, we get great compensation for an aging, oft-injured DT who hasn't had more than three sacks in a season the past three seasons...)
If this was a track meet you would have gotten yourself a very good player. Unfortunatly Williamson seems to drop everything throw to him. The guy doesn't even have the hands to be a cornerback.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
Free Agency started? Apparently Gruden didn't get the memo.
no, he just thought it only lasted 12 hours

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Ehh I guess so. Would've been nice to get a Moss or whatever but our GM hits home runs in the draft and even undrafted free agency so I have no worries.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
If this was a track meet you would have gotten yourself a very good player. Unfortunatly Williamson seems to drop everything throw to him. The guy doesn't even have the hands to be a cornerback.
thanks for telling me something I didn't know...

as long as Williamson can get past people we don't need him to catch the ball, hell...we probably wouldn't even throw it to him that much,...but teams have to respect the speed....and that's what he's here for...to pull coverage...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes...

We've got a 3rd round comp pick and possibly a 6th or 7th depending on Haggans signing.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. Bruce Allen apparently thinks we had $20 mil in cap room.