Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which signging/re-signing/trade was the best?
Derek Anderson-Cleveland Browns (3 years-26 million, 14.5 million guaranteed) 7 6.31%
Lance Briggs- Chicago Bears (6 years-36 million, 12 million guaranteed) 24 21.62%
Alan Faneca- New York Jets (5 years-40 million, 21 million guaranteed) 5 4.50%
Jonathan Vilma- New Orleans Saints (multiple picks) 26 23.42%
One of the defensive tackles (say which) 2 1.80%
Randy Moss- New England Patriots (3 years-27 million) 24 21.62%
Asante Samuel- Philadelphia Eagles (6 years-57 million, 32 million in first three seasons) 9 8.11%
Michael Turner- Atlanta Falcons (6 years- 34.5 million, 15 million guaranteed) 14 12.61%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Which signing was the best?

I'm going to leave "best" as a vague term, but you can consider it financial value, impact on team, etc. It's pretty open. The options will be limited, and I'll leave out the "other" option so everyone just doesn't vote for their own player. If you want to make a case for a signing that not everyone (or maybe just me in this case) thinks was great, by all means.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Bluedevil$ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Briggs was a great resigning. Moss came back to N.E. for a pretty reasonable price, considering his value.
Bluedevil$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say Briggs. Unless I'm mistaken, 6y $36M, no? That's good, particularly considering he actually *is* an elite player at his position. Or at least much closer than most FA's so far.

I'd say Alge Crumpler for the $5M $1M guaranteed but I think those details were inaccurate ;)

And just to cover it, best move I think is Stroud to Bills. Both sides like the deal but I think the Jags may end up liking it more, the extra third may give them ammo to move up and draft a good DE.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Moss. HOF caliber player at a VERY reasonable cost.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Jets didn't pay so much it would be an amazing off season. Jenkins, Faneca, Pace, and Woody will really help. Only problem is they cost a fortune. Hopefully we get Eugene Wilson
Old 03-03-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its between Michael Turner and Donte Stallworth. They both got relatively low contracts and are both good values.

Turner give Atlanta a clean player, and a power runner to compliment Norwood.

Stallworth is a nice run after catch reciever with speed, I personally think he was the best signing. He provides future starting QB, Brady Quinn, another target besides Braylon and Winslow. Braylon is more of a possession or red zone WR, Northcutt is an average burner i guess, and now Stallworth is their run after catch reciever. It also makes defenses not able pay attention to Winslow or Edwards as much.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Briggs was signed to a very reasonable contract but I have to go with Moss on this one. He is a vital part of that offense and is a potential HOF quality player so to be signed for that price it is a great move. Then compare it to what Berrian got and it looks even better.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I think signing Drayton Florence (who was the second best corner available) to play the nickel in a division with Peyton Manning...giving us three good corners...is one of the best moves...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said in another thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Personally, I think Michael Turner is the best signing of the offseason so far. Reasonable price (6 years for less than 35 million), perfect compliment to Jerious Norwood, fits the power running game we want, and filled a huge need.

It could be me being biased, but I liked this signing a lot and wanted it before it happened as well.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally think it was the Faneca signing. Having him play between Ferguson and Mangold will really improve that line.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about Burner Turner, he didn't do to well when L.T. was injured, he was running behind same line and didn't show it. IDK maybe he just needs some time.

Best Signing
BEN for 8 yrd. 102 million.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stallworth was signed for 7 years at 35 million i think, thats a pretty good deal.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-03-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I think signing Drayton Florence (who was the second best corner available) to play the nickel in a division with Peyton Manning...giving us three good corners...is one of the best moves...
He is a decent corner. He got waaay too much money though.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Bluedevil$ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
Stallworth was signed for 7 years at 35 million i think, thats a pretty good deal.
How much guaranteed? It looks like too much for a guy that's never eclipsed 1,000 yards
Bluedevil$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta go with moss. Best player available and the patriots O wouldnt be nearly as good without him. The deal is fair for both sides and hopefully both sides are happy because i no pats fans are.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah gotta be Moss, he is a good value and the only signing that alone significantly improves their SB chances over that period.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Briggs only got 12m guaranteed? That's pretty damn good. Don't know how anyone can say it isn't the best value signing.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Vilma can return anywhere close to the caliber he was at before his injury then the Saints made a wondeful trade

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pats had offensive fire power with 1 good and 2 great WR. The Eagles went like O yeah, watch this signed Asante and how have 1 Great cb, 1 Great cb when healthy, and 1 Good cb. Shutting down offenses all day, now. Team won't know how to stop that, now even the Giants front 4 can't beat that.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I'm goin with Moss also.

Without him, Welker wouldn't be nearly as effective. Gaffney, or pretty much anybody else, doesn't stretch the field as well as Moss. Plus, they got him at a very reasonable contract. Especially compared to what some of the others have gotten.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedevil$ View Post
How much guaranteed? It looks like too much for a guy that's never eclipsed 1,000 yards
But he averages 15.1 per reception, he doesn't have to be the #1 reciever and he has only been that once, at philly where he would've gotten 1,000 if he hadn't gotten injured.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-03-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Vilma. The Saints go from having the worst starting MLB in the NFL to one of the best.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably go with Briggs.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

I'm going with Jon Vilma. People forget how good he is. I mean he is potentially one of the 5 best LBs in the NFL when he's used properly and he was had for very little.

If he gets back to what he was be4 the Jets 3-4 move, the Saints will have gotten arguably the best young LB in the NFL for what will be a mid to low 2nd round pick. Can't argue with that. It's a fairly low risk move which can't be said about a majority of the signings above.

On the list above, the only guys that I would take over Vilma (if they were all healthy) are Randy Moss and Randy Moss. Given his age, talent and low cost, I think Vilma is hands down the best move of the offseason.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No love for Tommy Kelly?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote