Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default DeAngelo Hall

03/03...The Dallas Cowboys are reportedly considering making a play for Falcons CB DeAngelo Hall in a trade with the Atlanta Falcons...Hall has been linked to the Cowboys hated division rival the Giants in a possible trade between the two teams involving the Giants first round pick in the 2008 Draft, but the latest reports have the Giants backing away from any such trade...the Cowboys own two first round picks in the upcoming Draft and could trump the Giants offer of a first round pick in return for Hall, if the two got into a bidding war since either one of the Cowboys first round picks are slotted earlier than the Giants pick in the first round...one of the Cowboys biggest needs heading into the offseason was at the Cornerback position and that need became bigger on Sunday when the Texans signed CB Jacques Reeves in free agency...none of the cornerback prospects in the 2008 Draft can compare to Hall in ability and help the Cowboys right away from day one to represent the NFC in next year's Super Bowl...this situation bears watching over the next several weeks.

I for one hope this isnt true. WAY overrated in my books. Anybody else hear this? Opinions?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would be very much against bringing Hall in. He's not an upgrade over Henry in my opinion. And he would cause way too much trouble and cost way to much to be a 3rd corner with no guarantee of him coming back once his contract is up.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Pacman. Cheaper, better and he wants to be here.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:39 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We talked to ATL at the combine...but most reports just had us testing the waters...I doubt we are ready to get into a bidding war.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:05 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read that Jerry Jones asked permission to talk to atlanta/hall to talk figures a few weeks back, but im with D Unit id rather take pacman because the age is the same, potential is roughly the same and much, much cheaper...If we do bring him in, Ill be excited about the potential of our corners but Im certainly not hoping it gets done...I didnt want to go into this off season and change up too much, but at least if we get Hall that counts us out of McFaddens sweepstakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

We would have to ask either Henry or Hall to move to the 3rd CB which neither one of them would be willing to do...

Or you get Pacman, who must do what he's told and hasn't played in a year anyways so he should be nickel. Or get a rookie who would obviously be slated in as the #3.

This would only cause problems, not only with the defense, but with T.O.

Plus we don't need his immaturity. This is a team that needs to avoid distractions.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:44 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
We would have to ask either Henry or Hall to move to the 3rd CB which neither one of them would be willing to do...

Or you get Pacman, who must do what he's told and hasn't played in a year anyways so he should be nickel. Or get a rookie who would obviously be slated in as the #3.

This would only cause problems, not only with the defense, but with T.O.

Plus we don't need his immaturity. This is a team that needs to avoid distractions.
I don't know about that. In the ATL rumors I heard, Henry was going to ATL with Hall coming here. I still buy it as bogus, but that is the rumor I heard.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:03 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason you get Hall over Pacman is the price....Hall is an elite corner...but that is going to come with a higher price...you also don't have to worry about your future with him...he has no history of off the field problems. PacMan is a huge risk...but cheaper...I'm sure everyone knows this...but reading this makes it feel like Pacman is the superior corner...and that's not the case imo.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:34 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading for a CB seems most likely to happen on draft day. This is based on the Top CB's being off the board.

As for Pacman, he cannot be traded until he is reinstated by the league. That won't happen until July (maybe)!

Dallas cannot wait to see IF he will be reinstated & then see if the Titans will trade him.

It should be interesting!
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont want TO and Deangelo spitting on each other all the time.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I admit I haven't followed Hall's career real closely, but I have to disagree with those that would rather have pacman. Hall is an elite corner and an upgrade over Henry. Hall is a knuckle head, but he doesn't have the off the field issues that pacman has. Hall is a much safer avenue.

I think the original post makes the very valid point that Hall is a major upgrade IMMEDIATELY. JJ knows that we have a window here. I think JJ wants to go for it and doesn't necessarily want to wait for a rookie CB to learn. And there isn't any CB in this draft that comes close to Hall, plus he's only 24.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate all this talk about Pacman. First off, he's a thug. Secondly, he's not even eligible to play. Third, he's a thug.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if we give up Henry, we better not have to give up a 1st also, maybe a 2nd, but a first and Henry still leaves us with db problems...Id rather keep it and draft a rookie...If doing this lets us keep both 1st thats a little better, Henry is expendable but we still need youth and depth at corner, db is obviously our biggest weakness though...

Im not going to look too much into this, until i hear something else concrete, so many rumors at this time of year.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well if we give up Henry, we better not have to give up a 1st also, maybe a 2nd, but a first and Henry still leaves us with db problems...Id rather keep it and draft a rookie...If doing this lets us keep both 1st thats a little better, Henry is expendable but we still need youth and depth at corner, db is obviously our biggest weakness though...

Im not going to look too much into this, until i hear something else concrete, so many rumors at this time of year.
I agree 100%. I don't agree with Henry and a 1st; that's too much. I think Henry and our 2nd would be fine, but I doubt Atlanta would do that.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
The only reason you get Hall over Pacman is the price....Hall is an elite corner...but that is going to come with a higher price...you also don't have to worry about your future with him...he has no history of off the field problems. PacMan is a huge risk...but cheaper...I'm sure everyone knows this...but reading this makes it feel like Pacman is the superior corner...and that's not the case imo.
Hall is not an elite corner. That's a myth that was created by a couple of good games in a decent season with an outstanding pass rush. Pacman is actually a very good corner I would say he is better than Hall and also has more potential.

That being said I wouldn't be very excited about either one coming here. I would be willing to take a look at Pacman if he comes really cheap, but I wouldn't risk investing much in him.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 03-04-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas View Post
Hall is not an elite corner. That's a myth that was created by a couple of good games in a decent season with an outstanding pass rush. Pacman is actually a very good corner I would say he is better than Hall and also has more potential.

That being said I wouldn't be very excited about either one coming here. I would be willing to take a look at Pacman if he comes really cheap, but I wouldn't risk investing much in him.

Hall is only 24, so its not a bad thing that he's not an elite corner yet, but everyone knows he's well on his way, he's better then Newman was at this age, seeing as how he was just barely coming out of college, but his coverage skills are further along then Newman at this point and you can only believe hes going to get better in years to come...Champ didnt get the label "shut down" until as of recently, that term wasnt getting thrown around when he was in washington, it comes with time...When Hall is 26/27 he will probably be there, he has the potential and thats what people get excited over.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
how can someone be better that can't even get on the field?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=DallCowby1;933015]Trading for a CB seems most likely to happen on draft day. This is based on the Top CB's being off the board.

As for Pacman, he cannot be traded until he is reinstated by the league. That won't happen until July (maybe)!
Dallas cannot wait to see IF he will be reinstated & then see if the Titans wil

Thats not true....A suspended player can be traded like any other player under contract. (The team is trading the contract, in essence.) The trading period for this year begins on Friday, league spokesman Greg Aiello said in an e-mail.

Heres a link.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/ne...iewStory=58963

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If Hall isnt elite, he is very close. His past season was very damn good. He gave up 1 TD, to Joey Galloway. If the Cowboys play alot of man to man (which I think they do...) he would be a great fit, especially with Newman.

I think if Newman and Hall can team up together, the Cowboys defense is going to be exponentially better. R. Williams wouldnt even be asked to cover with Hall and Newman locking up WRs all day. That defense gives me the shivers.

I think one of the first round picks + Henry is very reasonable. You will be getting a rookie aged Pro Bowl CB while getting rid of the problem of having Henry playing nickel, which he wouldnt want to do.

I am sure theres a way you can fit him under the cap. He would love to play with the Cowboys.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Last edited by d34ng3l021 : 03-04-2008 at 09:00 PM.
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would be very much against bringing Hall in. He's not an upgrade over Henry in my opinion. And he would cause way too much trouble and cost way to much to be a 3rd corner with no guarantee of him coming back once his contract is up.
Seriously? Not an upgrade over Anthony Henry? Get real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Cheaper yes, better.. no.

Quote:

Hall is elite, but I would like to know where is this outstanding pass rush coming from? I'd wish we had an outstanding pass rush, but we don't. Our defensive tackles got maybe 5 sacks, our LE got 0 and John Abraham our lone pass rusher got 10. So please elighten me on our amazing pass rush. If you are talking about the year before this you are even more incorrect becuase Abraham was injured most of the season.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree on what someone said that this might be a draft day trade..
If the cowboys see that they're not gonna land one of the top 3 cb's which
i'm sure they're in love with, i can see them packaging a first or henry and
some picks for Hall, which IMO, would be a great move.
BUT, i would NOT pass on McKelvin or DRC.
Those players are gonna be waay way cheaper for about 5 years
and they're not gonna be thrown to the lions with a meat necklace,
as pat knight would say.

In the end, i'd love to see MeAngelo in a cowboys uniform,
but it would sure piss me off if he threw hissy fits
every game and cost us 15 yarders..
Old 03-04-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am with the Atlanta fans on this one, Hall had a pretty damn good year, with hardly anybody around him helping out. Sure the year before he didn't have a good season, but I don't see how anybody could say he was anything but great this year.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Hall is not even close to being an elite corner. He is greatly overrated by the media.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 03-05-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hall is not even close to being an elite corner. He is greatly overrated by the media.
With all the evidence you provide, its pretty hard to say otherwise.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:46 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Whose close then? Id like to know what corners you think are elite, and which guys are "close", so I can know who all is better then Hall.

Quote: