Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-26-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
there's a multi-quote button right next to the quote button. it says multi-qupote if you hover on it and it has a "+ image on it.

can i suggest that, in the future, rather than not finding something in the exact same place it used to be, people spend 20 ******s trying to find it before they complain about it not-existing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlutiesDropKick View Post
just wanted to point out if you go back into older threads the multi-quote is still there so obviously it is possible to code it somehow.
i seem to have angered njx. What you see abovie is the multi-quote. I shouldn't have said multi-quote in the first post that i quoted i mean (and i think so does everyone else) the quote within a quote

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I asked this earlier, but are we going to be able to bold, underline, and italicize our posts? Or change font color/size?
Old 02-26-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
quote 1
quote 2

i'm not angry, i'm just sick of seeing people complain about the exact same thing over and over when there's either another solution, or when the functionality isn't relevant to anything. or, more to the point, when it's been noted that the solution is coming and that it takes time (in the case of some of the buttons). none of this is really half as hard as some of the users want to make it seem.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I asked this earlier, but are we going to be able to bold, underline, and italicize our posts? Or change font color/size?
Go to User CP > Then Edit Options > Then scroll all the way to the very bottom.

Message Editor Interface. Use the enhanced version. Not that you could already use the tags anyway.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Go to User CP > Then Edit Options > Then scroll all the way to the very bottom.

Message Editor Interface. Use the enhanced version. Not that you could already use the tags anyway.

Thanks

Can't believe I didn't find that earlier.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

A Generalization of Common Problems and their Solutions

1 - OMG TEH SIT IZ UGLEE!

a - chill out. NFLDC color coordination is likely NOT a top priority. it isn't really all that different than the old board anyways. stop finding stupid crap to whine about.

2 - OMG ITZ NOT SHEWING TEH RIGHT TIME!

a - Go to User CP > Edit Options and scroll down to Date & Time Options (Thanks steelerfan43)

3 - OMG TEAM DISCUSSINZ ARE WURTHLESS!

a - then don't bloody post in them and they'll go away.

4 - OMG MY AVEE IZNT SHEWING!

a - see #1. it'll get there eventually. chill.

5 - OMG REP IZ SO KEWL!

a - only if users aren't idiots with it. no one will respect your "rep" if it's solely a result of a massive rep-circle jerk. in fact, most people will likely laugh at you derisively for being so pathetically shallow.

6 - OMG SMILEEZ IS GONE!

a - see #1 and #4.

7 - OMG I KENT DUBBLE QWOTE!

a - yes you bloody can. but you shouldn't need to. if you need to keep the full conversation, multi-quote it. if you really feel like you need to lower the board's collective IQ by stringing massive RDT conversations together for no wreason whatsoever, do it manually. life is just not that hard.

8 - OMG I KENT SEY ******S! (equivalent of 60 seconds)

a - true.

9 - OMG I KENT MAKE MY POSTS PREDDY!

a - Go to User CP > Then Edit Options > Then scroll all the way to the very bottom.

(thanks Ward)
Old 02-26-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To add to that, another complaint is "OMG DIS BORED SUCKS I HAVE 2 SCROLL ALL THE WAY UP TO GO BACK TO THE FORUM"

No, you don't. After your post, or if you just happen to be at the bottom of the page, there is a drop down menu called "Forum Jump". It will take you where you want to go, and quickly.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

this forum is so much better than the old one... props to scott, ward and who ever else made this happen
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3 View Post
this forum is so much better than the old one... props to scott, ward and who ever else made this happen
I concur completely.

*I couldn't just say "I agree"*

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah much better, no more problems, just have to get used to the new look but in time it will come.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This may be random but I did not want to create a new thread about this.

If you press ALT S, it posts your message without having to press Post Quick Reply. This is extremely useful if you're lazy like me. Thank you for your time.

Note: I will be using ALT S to sumbit this post.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so are there no more mods and stuff?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
There will be in time
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post

why would you think that?
Old 02-26-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

a - chill out. NFLDC color coordination is likely NOT a top priority. it isn't really all that different than the old board anyways. stop finding stupid crap to whine about.

2 - OMG ITZ NOT SHEWING TEH RIGHT TIME!

a - Go to User CP > Edit Options and scroll down to Date & Time Options (Thanks steelerfan43)

3 - OMG TEAM DISCUSSINZ ARE WURTHLESS!

a - then don't bloody post in them and they'll go away.

5 - OMG REP IZ SO KEWL!

a - only if users aren't idiots with it. no one will respect your "rep" if it's solely a result of a massive rep-circle jerk. in fact, most people will likely laugh at you derisively for being so pathetically shallow.

6 - OMG SMILEEZ IS GONE!

a - see #1 and #4.

7 - OMG I KENT DUBBLE QWOTE!

a - yes you bloody can. but you shouldn't need to. if you need to keep the full conversation, multi-quote it. if you really feel like you need to lower the board's collective IQ by stringing massive RDT conversations together for no wreason whatsoever, do it manually. life is just not that hard.

8 - OMG I KENT SEY ******S! (equivalent of 60 seconds)

a - true.

9 - OMG I KENT MAKE MY POSTS PREDDY!

a - Go to User CP > Then Edit Options > Then scroll all the way to the very bottom.

(thanks Ward)
Nicely done NJX.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how did you guys get the correct post counts back?

And this skin isn't permanent, right?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
how did you guys get the correct post counts back?

And this skin isn't permanent, right?
We traded you for everyone's post count. You'll be leaving for Europe tomorrow. Pack all your bags.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

is cards gone forever??
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3 View Post
is cards gone forever??
No, once new users are able to register they can comeback. It also happened to other posters like Javon.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isnt a problem per se, but it would be nice to be able to see everyones rep points.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
This isnt a problem per se, but it would be nice to be able to see everyones rep points.
meh, i kind of dig it as is. i mean, people are already rep-whoring enough without knowing where everyone else stands. it would be completely obnoxious if they were suddenly pissed because so and so has 10 more points and blah blah blah.

(i do see where you're coming from)
Old 02-27-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

yeah they fixed the post count!!!!!!!!

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

One that hasnt been addressed: Sometimes it will tell me there are new posts on a certain board, when in reality there arent.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

are avaters a thing in the past or will they be brought back?

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
are avaters a thing in the past or will they be brought back?
Quote:

10 characters

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote