Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:46 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I almost feel bad for Rodgers having to go into that situation. You have to replace an all time great QB in a football town on a team that had every chance to win the NFC title and go to the Super Bowl. Talk about pressure...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:48 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On another note, this information likely would have been pretty valuable for the Packers say, a week ago. I just don't see Ingle Martin as a legit #2 behind an already unproven quarterback. Quarterback could be a round #3, maybe even a late #2 round need.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I almost feel bad for Rodgers having to go into that situation. You have to replace an all time great QB in a football town on a team that had every chance to win the NFC title and go to the Super Bowl. Talk about pressure...
yup. he did play well though against the Cowboys. if he's not ready now, he'll never be ready. he is in a great situation as far as talent around him goes, so we'll see what he can do.

i honestly wasn't that big on him or smith coming out, but hopefully he'll prove me wrong, for his sake.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:50 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's funny, they don't even have the friggin beta site up now on Packers.com. They probably did it before just to get all of the fan suicides out of the way.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:50 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Rodgers will do fine. He just has no prayer of ever living up to the expectations of that fan base. It is unfortunate for him. I like Rodgers as an option, both in fantasy and in real life. I think he will be a good QB. Just need more time to see where he actually stands.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-04-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Yea it's never easy replacing a legend. He's had plenty of time to learn the offense and watch Brett though, so if he's gonna succeed he's been well prepared for it.

Man, besides a few terrible years with Don Majkowski almost my whole football life has included Brett. It's gonna be strange with him gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about #4 calling it a day on the 4th?

:)
Old 03-04-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
Yea it's never easy replacing a legend. He's had plenty of time to learn the offense and watch Brett though, so if he's gonna succeed he's been well prepared for it.

Man, besides a few terrible years with Don Majkowski almost my whole football life has included Brett. It's gonna be strange with him gone.

oh thanks man lol, that means alot

but i think if the Packers win the fan will be happy
and if he shows talent fan maybe a bit easyer on him
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I figured my 19th birthday would be a very joyful one when I woke up this morning, but now it's a day to remember one of the best ever to play his position. Ever since I can remember the only QB I have ever seen start a game for my Packers is #4. Now it is Aaaron Rodgers turn. If he can do what he did against Dallas I will be very satisfied with him, but he will never be able to replace #4. God Bless Brett!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
How about #4 calling it a day on the 4th?

:)
Well, he could have waited a month, for 4/4...
Old 03-04-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i cant stop crying......
Old 03-04-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
Well, he could have waited a month, for 4/4...
Or done it 4 years ago, on 4/4/04.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
On another note, this information likely would have been pretty valuable for the Packers say, a week ago. I just don't see Ingle Martin as a legit #2 behind an already unproven quarterback. Quarterback could be a round #3, maybe even a late #2 round need.
Ingle Martin is long gone.

and, what would they have done? broken the bank for Derek Anderson. wasn't much done in QBland in the first few days of free agency. i really don't think the Packers missed any chances...and if you mean the combine, i dunno...they already have their unproven guy...they're gonna need some veteren help too. i don't QB is a big need in the 2008 draft.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers should give a look to JDB in the draft

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I think they could have signed a guy like Josh McCown or Cleo Lemon, hell they could have traded for Brian Griese if Angelo wanted to make a deal with the Packers.

Not a big deal but it looks like they are staring at two unproven quarterbacks or maybe a guy like Daunte Culpepper, Kelly Holcomb, or maybe even Mark Brunell.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
Ingle Martin is long gone.

and, what would they have done? broken the bank for Derek Anderson. wasn't much done in QBland in the first few days of free agency. i really don't think the Packers missed any chances...and if you mean the combine, i dunno...they already have their unproven guy...they're gonna need some veteren help too. i don't QB is a big need in the 2008 draft.
Trent Green is still out there for a veteran backup. I know the Giants are interested in him but have some questions about his arm strength holding up in the windy Meadowlands. I'd imagine that wouldn't fare well in Green Bay either.

There really wasn't a ton of veteran guys out there. Who else is on the Green Bay roster at QB?
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The Packers should give a look to JDB in the draft
Yeah I was actually thinking that. Late 2nd might be a bit too early, but they could probably trade back like they always do to the mid 3rd.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:22 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** this.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Trent Green is still out there for a veteran backup. I know the Giants are interested in him but have some questions about his arm strength holding up in the windy Meadowlands. I'd imagine that wouldn't fare well in Green Bay either.

There really wasn't a ton of veteran guys out there. Who else is on the Green Bay roster at QB?
well according to our website, Craig Nall is still on the roster...
Old 03-04-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
well according to our website, Craig Nall is still on the roster...
nobody actually Nail is a free agent
Old 03-04-2008, 10:43 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post

**** this.
good call. on sunday i went on a brewery tour and bought a nice bottle of 2 year old barley wine from the brewery. i was trying to think of the right occasion to drink it...and this might be it.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if them not going after Moss had anything to do with his retirement. He was pushing awfully hard for him just yesterday. Now how do you go from that, to all of a sudden retiring? Hmmmmm.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wonder if them not going after Moss had anything to do with his retirement. He was pushing awfully hard for him just yesterday. Now how do you go from that, to all of a sudden retiring? Hmmmmm.

yeap thats what i said to be honest i think it would have made him come back but the packers were not willing to
Old 03-04-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

As was mentioned on the news sites, Favre's wife told him to come back to win another ring. Without a threat like Moss, Favre obviously felt like the team couldn't definitely win, so he couldn't deal with the grind of another season. Hard to really blame him after 17 years in the NFL...

Old 03-04-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

you think theres a chance he comes out of retirement like a week from now lol?