Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's about freaking time! He needed to do this about 2 or 3 years ago!

Now, hehe, the Packers will so suck.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How fast does Jon Kitna come out and say the Lions are now the team to beat in the NFC North? Anyone taking bets?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears9654 View Post
It's about freaking time! He needed to do this about 2 or 3 years ago!

Now, hehe, the Packers will so suck.
you are a horrible person

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
you are a horrible person
I'm just suprised it took till page 5.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
How fast does Jon Kitna come out and say the Lions are now the team to beat in the NFC North? Anyone taking bets?
You mean this guy?

Old 03-04-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I can't believe I just now thought of this for the Packers.

I dunno if he would be willing to play 2nd string, and I don't think it's really fair to Aaron Rodgers to make him now compete with another vet for his job, but damn it makes perfect sense.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I still think Roy Williams saying "we were so close to scoring 40 its scary" when they only scored 6 points trumps Kitna on the dumbass scale.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he should've kept playing.
If they added a couple good players in the Draft, they would have a good chance of making it to the Superbowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you know what....i wouldn't put him on a beach just yet. Im just saying....
Old 03-04-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm glad he's retiring, I'm getting tired of hearing One more Season. He's got nothing more to prove he's broken a good portion of all the records.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

I dunno if he would be willing to play 2nd string, and I don't think it's really fair to Aaron Rodgers to make him now compete with another vet for his job, but damn it makes perfect sense.

did he say he was coming back?
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

No but I miss the ******* Snake. Haha...

I think he'd come back if he thought he had a chance to play and win a Superbowl. That's the catch, the Packers would have to convince him that he can compete for the starting job without actually meaning it.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wouldn't be a bad move to get him back as an insurance policy for Rodgers. It almost makes sense.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Favre left Chris Mortenson a voicemail saying that the reason he's retiring is that he's mentally worn down.
Favre apparently told Mortenson that the Packers' failure to acquire Randy Moss wasn't the driving cause behind his retirement, and that even getting to the Super Bowl and losing would have been too mentally draining. Still, Mortenson speculates that if the Packers had acquired Moss, Favre would have continued to play.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl...?urn=nfl,69938

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 03-04-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:

I cant see the picture, but based on the comments, are you talking about Jake Plummer?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-04-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Farewell to the toughest football player I've ever seen.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
I'm glad he's retiring, I'm getting tired of hearing One more Season. He's got nothing more to prove he's broken a good portion of all the records.
Your name speaks voulumes and this post is pretty much classless....if I had any respect for you it is all gone

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You're right, Jesus would be the perfect 2nd string QB for us.

Seriously, I could see Plummer in that role, but I can also see Trent Green doing it or pretty much any veteran who's had even the slightest amount of starting experience. Bottom line is, we have to bring in someone now whether it be from the draft or any free agent that is left. But for the draft, I wouldn't want to spend anything higher than a 4th for it.

On Favre retiring.....it truly is a sad day and all of Wisconsin is mourning now but really oh well. The man gave his mind and body for us for 16 (I think) years so I'm glad to see him walk away relatively unharmed and still the same personality that he always has been. But it will truly be a different Packers organization and even NFL without Brett around. So long Brett, have a good one.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

is that Jesus? i suppose that would be the natural progression after having God at QB for all those years.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

hmm dont see it happening i want it to happen but dont see it

also dont the bucc like OWN him lol maybe we can trade a 2009 6th Round
Old 03-04-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yes!

Packers fans have been so damn blessed to have stability and greatness at the quarterback position for all these years. Now it's time for them to suffer just like the rest of us. I think we can all pencil in the Vikes as central division champs next year.

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

oh boy i so hope we prove you wrong
also i think the Bears have a better chance then the Viks
Old 03-04-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I really don't think this affects the Packers as much as more people do, as I didn't see Favre having a repeat of 2007 anyway (just too much to ask of a player in his 17th season). That said, while I picked the Vikings to win the North as my way too early projection beforehand, this move makes me no more or less sure of that.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do they Packers have the most cap room now?? We had 24 Million by Favre retiring we just got 10-12 million more so we have about 36 million.

I love how everyone jumps the gun and says where going to suck look at the Bears and what they have done. They have made it to the superbowl with there defense and no offense. Our offense is alot better and no one has really seen what Rodgers can do except for when he played in the Dallas game and out performed Favre by a ton.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The end-times are nigh. The planets have aligned and the first of the signs--- the immortal departing us--- has occured.

Time to build a bomb-shelter.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote