Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 04-02-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Rodgers is not better than Cutler. If you polled 100 people all 100 would say Cutler is better than Rodgers. Im not saying he's miles better. Im not saying Rodgers isnt a very good QB. Cutler is just better.
Well Trent Dilfer and Mark Schlereth both just said Rodgers over Cutler, so there goes that theory. Not that they are great analysts or anything, but it is not crazy to go that way. This board is all over Jay Cutler and down on Rodgers so if you ask it here then yes I'm sure the result would overwhelmingly be for Cutler, but it is a lot closer than people think. Like I said I do not have a problem if you say Cutler and I don't have a problem if you say Rodgers. I think they are very close.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rodgers is not better than Cutler. If you polled 100 people all 100 would say Cutler is better than Rodgers. Im not saying he's miles better. Im not saying Rodgers isnt a very good QB. Cutler is just better.
The only bright spot of the packers last year was Aaron Rodgers. He played very well and came in and produced. Yes he might have had lead the team to a 6-10 record but It was not his fault at all.

I know people will say that stats arent everything but Rodgers TD Ratio per game are higher than cutler, as well as TD to INT Ratio is lower than Cutler's TD to INT Ratio.

There is no way 100 people out of 100 people would say Cutler is better than Rodgers.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And you're basing this off...what exactly? I know you haven't seen more than 3 games that Cutler's played in, so don't go becoming an 'expert' over night on me now.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
And you're basing this off...what exactly? I know you haven't seen more than 3 games that Cutler's played in, so don't go becoming an 'expert' over night on me now.
When did I say im an expert? Ive watched plenty of both and Rodgers is a good qb. Hes just not on the level of Cutler. Cutler threw for 4500 yards last season.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
The only bright spot of the packers last year was Aaron Rodgers. He played very well and came in and produced. Yes he might have had lead the team to a 6-10 record but It was not his fault at all.

I know people will say that stats arent everything but Rodgers TD Ratio per game are higher than cutler, as well as TD to INT Ratio is lower than Cutler's TD to INT Ratio.

There is no way 100 people out of 100 people would say Cutler is better than Rodgers.
Being the only bright spot doesnt mean he's better than another player.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When did I say im an expert? Ive watched plenty of both and Rodgers is a good qb. Hes just not on the level of Cutler. Cutler threw for 4500 yards last season.
Right...I blindly conclude things beyond the shadow of a doubt all the time without considering myself an expert...and yeah, thanks for the stat, changed my mind completely...

Hitman D

Old 04-02-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Right...I blindly conclude things beyond the shadow of a doubt all the time without considering myself an expert...and yeah, thanks for the stat, changed my mind completely...
I couldnt care less if I changed your mind or not.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You shouldn't be starting a stats argument because Rodgers easily wins that.

Rodgers threw for 4,038 last season, which is 488 yards less than Cutler, but everything else is in favor of Rodgers.

TDs: Rodgers 28, Cutler 25
INTs: Rodgers 13, Cutler 18
Completion Percentage: Rodgers 63.6, Cutler 62.3
Average: Rodgers 7.5, Cutler 7.3
QB Rating: Rodgers 93.6, Cutler 86.0

3 more TDs and 5 less INTs more than makes up for the yardage difference.

Also you could consider that Rodgers started for the first time ever in 2008 while Cutler had 21 starts going in.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hhahahahahahaha, I knew this was going to happen.

And for the guy who said 100 people who chose Cutler, wow...
Old 04-02-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
hhahahahahahaha, I knew this was going to happen.

And for the guy who said 100 people who chose Cutler, wow...
You seem to hold Rodgers in a much higher regard than anyone else does. As Packers fans I cant blame you. Maybe the 100 out of 100 comment was a bit much. I just looked at the stats I didnt realize Rodgers threw for that many yards. I based it more off watching them play. Rodgers always looks good but I dont see elite. I definitely think Cutler can be elite.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
You seem to hold Rodgers in a much higher regard than anyone else does. As Packers fans I cant blame you. Maybe the 100 out of 100 comment was a bit much. I just looked at the stats I didnt realize Rodgers threw for that many yards. I based it more off watching them play. Rodgers always looks good but I dont see elite. I definitely think Cutler can be elite.
I highly, highly doubt that's what you based your opinion off of. I'm sure ESPN played a much bigger part. First off, Rodgers has been starting for what, a year now? It's a bit premature to assume he can't get better.

And yes, I agree with you, Cutler can be an elite QB, but I really don't think it's going to happen with the Bears...

Hitman D

Old 04-02-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hold Rodgers higher? I think its you who holds Cutler higher since you know, the Bears haven't had a franchise qb since...

Last edited by PACKmanN : 04-02-2009 at 08:44 PM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's stop the arguing. Can't we just be happy enough to see these two face each other to open the season on Sunday Night football?

I think we may have ourselves quite the rivalry now too....Rodgers v. Cutler

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
I highly, highly doubt that's what you based your opinion off of. I'm sure ESPN played a much bigger part. First off, Rodgers has been starting for what, a year now? It's a bit premature to assume he can't get better.

And yes, I agree with you, Cutler can be an elite QB, but I really don't think it's going to happen with the Bears...
When did I say Rodgers wont get better? Thanks for telling me what I base my statements on.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Let's stop the arguing. Can't we just be happy enough to see these two face each other to open the season on Sunday Night football?

I think we may have ourselves quite the rivalry now too....Rodgers v. Cutler
That's going to be a great game.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All hail his royal Cutlerness.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This trade means one thing. Jared Allen has a new favorite QB to haunt. I can't wait to see those to talk some s*** to each other. That's gonna be fun. :)
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
This trade means one thing. Jared Allen has a new favorite QB to haunt. I can't wait to see those to talk some s*** to each other. That's gonna be fun. :)
I think/hope Pace will have something to say about that!! Jay Cutler and Orlando Pace........ not a bad lil Thursday!:p

Old 04-02-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think/hope Pace will have something to say about that!! Jay Cutler and Orlando Pace........ not a bad lil Thursday!:p
Okay okay okay... you're seriously excited about getting Orlando Pace?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pace was actually really good last year, he would have been a hell of an upgrade over Ryan Cook, or Anthony Herrera, or whoever the hell plays RT for the Vikings.

It's a moot point anyway though, as Jared Allen will be facing Chris Williams, not Pace.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I would have been. When he's healthy he's still a very good tackle and I'd much prefer having him to using our first on Eben.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Pace was actually really good last year, he would have been a hell of an upgrade over Ryan Cook, or Anthony Herrera, or whoever the hell plays RT for the Vikings.

It's a moot point anyway though, as Jared Allen will be facing Chris Williams, not Pace.
Hey, our front office fully expects Ryan Cook to improve this year. :(

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:58 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
In 14 starts last year, he only gave up 2 sacks. Here on earth, that's a tackle to get excited about.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Hey, our front office fully expects Ryan Cook to improve this year. :(
I wouldn't hold your breath...