Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 03-09-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every QB has the potential to be the best or the worst, thats the only point I was trying to make.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i gotta agree, the only way we'll find out is what happens this year

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I don't know if you were going for an attempt at humor there or what, but it didn't work. Rodgers is a first round pick that has had three years to learn behind Favre. Combine that with the best supporting cast in the division on offense, and you have the potential to be the best QB in the division. If you need me to go slower, just ask...
Potential is not always met. Especially at qb, just ask any bears fan.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Potential is not always met. Especially at qb, just ask any bears fan.
Obviously. But since we can't accurately predict the future yet, that's really all we have to go off of, isn't it?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Obviously. But since we can't accurately predict the future yet, that's really all we have to go off of, isn't it?
You seem to be assuming that since he was a first round pick he automaticly is going to be the best and that isn't the case at all.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why the hell even have this thread then? If you're going to count out Rodgers and Jackson because they're just potential at this point that leaves Grossman and Kitna. Grossman blows, Kitna blows less. It's not even a question then.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I would disagree that Kitna blows less than Grossman, but yes, this is a pointless argument, I think I said that about two pages ago.

And to be honest, if a gun was to my head I'd probably say Rodgers too, but that's based more on what I liked about him coming out of college, which really doesn't count for much of anything.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
You seem to be assuming that since he was a first round pick he automaticly is going to be the best and that isn't the case at all.
So you're assuming that since he was a first round pick, he is automatically going to not be the best? I think my assumption makes more sense than yours... I don't even know why I'm arguing this...

Hitman D

Old 03-09-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Ya it's pretty obvious there is no correct answer all opinions.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So you're assuming that since he was a first round pick, he is automatically going to not be the best? I think my assumption makes more sense than yours... I don't even know why I'm arguing this...
Neither opinion makes any sense.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lets all just say that brett favre is still best in the division until Aaron Rodgers has his first start

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
What the heck are you talking about? Potentially Brooks Bollinger could come out of no where next year to be the best. Potentially Rex Grossman could end the inconsistencies and could start playing at an All Pro level. Potentially Aaron Rodgers could be worse then Ryan Leaf.
No ORton had his shot, Grossman has had several shots. Rodgers is still a questionmark. The best QB in the NFC North is Kitna and thats sad. Statistically the 4 worst QB's in the NFL may be comming out of the NFC North. How sad is that?
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by detknowitall View Post
No ORton had his shot, Grossman has had several shots. Rodgers is still a questionmark. The best QB in the NFC North is Kitna and thats sad. Statistically the 4 worst QB's in the NFL may be comming out of the NFC North. How sad is that?
It's funny how we can go from the division with the best QB's, to the worst over the course of one season. :D

Hitman D

Old 03-09-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
When has Kitna proven anything in his career?

Old 03-09-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
DaBear89
Rookie

DaBear89 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
No ORton had his shot
may i just ask when that was? was it 3 years ago when he was a 4th rnd rookie force to start...or the end of this year when he diidn't look half bad?
DaBear89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:48 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

im willing to say that we know what we get from Grossman and Kitna. And i will give Orton a mulligan for his rookie year. so that leave orton and rodgers as unprovens. so i am willing to put it like so

1. Kitna
2. Rodgers/Orton
3. T Jack
4. Grossman
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
im willing to say that we know what we get from Grossman and Kitna. And i will give Orton a mulligan for his rookie year. so that leave orton and rodgers as unprovens. so i am willing to put it like so

1. Kitna
2. Rodgers/Orton
3. T Jack
4. Grossman
what do you mean a mulligan his rookie year? He started basically a full season and took the Bears to the playoffs...his stats weren't great, but he did good for a rookie

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

First off, I think Kitna is getting too much love. It's not like he was superstar quality with Martz, and now that Martz is gone, they probably won't be throwing the ball 60 times a game. It's easy to throw for 4000 yards when you drop back every down.

As a Packers fan, I'm more than comfortable with Rodgers right now, but because he hasn't really proved anything, I'd rank the division QB's like this...
1) Tarvaris Jackson
2) Kyle Orton
3) Jon Kitna
4) Aaron Rodgers
5) Rex Grossman
Old 03-10-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
they probably won't be throwing the ball 60 times a game. It's easy to throw for 4000 yards when you drop back every down.
And not to mention Kitna has awesome receivers.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
what do you mean a mulligan his rookie year? He started basically a full season and took the Bears to the playoffs...his stats weren't great, but he did good for a rookie
because that was his rookie year. i think he should be given a second chance. but one thing i do think i know, i like him alot better than sexy rexy
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I crazy if I say Grossman? Because Im leaning towards Grossman....

I want to say Rodgers, but can't. One game doesn't = best in the division. Let him prove it first.

It can't be Kitna. Kitna sucks. Just because they started out hot doesn't mean a thing, he's not that good at all. He's probably not even the best qb on his team. Everyone is forgetting about Stanton and how he'll likely replace Kitna before week 8.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's funny how we can go from the division with the best QB's, to the worst over the course of one season. :D
when did this division have the best QBs? It had one above average one... that's it.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Yeah the Grossman hate is getting a bit silly. I agree with BBD, Mike Martz would have done wonders with Grossman. Hell, Grossman with Mike Martz, Roy Williams, and Calvin Johnson? They would have scored a lot more than with Kitna. Kitna really does suck. I'm not sure why anyone thinks otherwise. Grossman is an idiot, but at least he's talented. Kitna is just an idiot.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Lionsfan93
Rookie

Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.

Jon Kinta is this really a question
Lionsfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah the Grossman hate is getting a bit silly. I agree with BBD, Mike Martz would have done wonders with Grossman. Hell, Grossman with Mike Martz, Roy Williams, and Calvin Johnson? They would have scored a lot more than with Kitna. Kitna really does suck. I'm not sure why anyone thinks otherwise. Grossman is an idiot, but at least he's talented. Kitna is just an idiot.
i have no doubt that Grossman would outperform Kitna in detroit. Grossman had a crappy oline and far less at the skill positions than Kitna had. Even less in the run game. Granted Kitna had no oline either, but he had more talent around him than Grossman had.

Throwing it deep to Williams and Johnson? Grossman would pop a boner just thinking about it.

Im not saying he'd turn into Montana, but he would do a better job than Kitna would.