Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default TJ Duckett to Seattle

http://spartannation.com/?p=3757

The guy has a relationship with TJ, so I believe it to be true.
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There goes rb in rd 1 for them, duckett, morris will both be there, and alexander has at least another yr for them, im surprised detroit let him go he's a good bruiser back for a committee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was his 50 plus yarder good this year? I know he had one, but I never saw it. Was wondering if he looked fast, he was pretty fast for his size while in Atlanta but in his last year here he tip toed through the hole too much.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, this probably rules out RB for now. I'd lean towards TE or WR. Don't sleep on WR, which doesn't get mentioned as much. They could use a big receiver if Hackett doesn't resign, and, well, they could use a potential stud WR anyways.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No more Seattle trading up for a back in your mocks, toon. :)

Also, re: wide receiver, don't forget Branch tore his ACL (or some injury of similar consequence) in the playoff game against the Packers. He won't be recovered by the start of the season.

As for Duckett, I think it's a good signing. For whatever reasons, he hasn't received many carries the last two years.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wouldnt completly count out a RB, if Stewart/Mendenhall lands in their laps, i would find it hard to pass on them

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Was his 50 plus yarder good this year? I know he had one, but I never saw it. Was wondering if he looked fast, he was pretty fast for his size while in Atlanta but in his last year here he tip toed through the hole too much.

Why did ATL ever let him go?? I thought he was always solid for you guys, and he would of been a good back to go with Norwood, he's a bruiser and when he got to going he was damn near impossible to tackle...He ran all the way through Dallas this year, if healthy he's like a Brandon Jacobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
i wouldnt completly count out a RB, if Stewart/Mendenhall lands in their laps, i would find it hard to pass on them
who would be the odd man out then? I cant believe a team signs a guy with no intentions on using him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Branden Albert falls past Pittsburgh, I think we'll take him.

But then again what do I know...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good signing, I was hoping the Lions would try to resign him.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive said it all along, seattle is my sleeper to take a QB in the first, especially if brohm drops to them. Hes a perfect fit for their system, and they can get good value at TE/WR in the 2nd and 3rd. Dont count it out. That way, holmgren has a year to work his guru skills on the new QB before he calls it quits. The seahawks have few holes, thats my pick for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
ive said it all along, seattle is my sleeper to take a QB in the first, especially if brohm drops to them. Hes a perfect fit for their system, and they can get good value at TE/WR in the 2nd and 3rd. Dont count it out. That way, holmgren has a year to work his guru skills on the new QB before he calls it quits. The seahawks have few holes, thats my pick for them.
Why would Holmgren want to draft a QB to sit on the bench in his final year (especially with a good team)? If the Seahawks draft a QB, it won't be because Holmgren wants them to...
Old 03-04-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Why would Holmgren want to draft a QB to sit on the bench in his final year (especially with a good team)? If the Seahawks draft a QB, it won't be because Holmgren wants them to...
i never said it would be because holmgren wanted them too...it would be management trying to prepare for the future, and wanting holmgren to have an influence on the QB before he called it quits.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Possibly the dumbest thing as a seahawks fan I have ever read. We traded a 6th for Charlie Frye, still have Seneca Wallace, still have David Greene, and Matt's about 32, which isn't old. I really think we will draft a WR/TE/RB (all are 3 deep at top) or some stud lineman who falls far.
Brennan is a better fit because he is more mobile and more accurate. I can't believe you have Brohm as your #2 QB and you used the statement "If he falls. . ." I guarantee he falls. Flacco doesnt fit the system, but Holmgren is one and done anyway, so give Mora the superfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Duckett is terrible.

For a big back, he's terrible in short yardage situations. I've never seen a back tiptoe though the hole like him; he runs soft.

To even compare him to Brandon Jacobs is an insult.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Possibly the dumbest thing as a seahawks fan I have ever read. We traded a 6th for Charlie Frye, still have Seneca Wallace, still have David Greene, and Matt's about 32, which isn't old. I really think we will draft a WR/TE/RB (all are 3 deep at top) or some stud lineman who falls far.
Brennan is a better fit because he is more mobile and more accurate. I can't believe you have Brohm as your #2 QB and you used the statement "If he falls. . ." I guarantee he falls. Flacco doesnt fit the system, but Holmgren is one and done anyway, so give Mora the superfreak
several things...im not a hawks fan, jsut as someone who does mock drafts, thats something i would consider when thinking of their pick. I dont have Brohm as my #2 QB, but alot of people would, and I do think he will fall to around the seahawks pick, thats why i suggested that he would be good value there...i didnt mean to offend you, i was just saying it was something to consider. Clearly i angered you in some way, but really, i jsut thought that maybe a team with few holes would want a known QB guru to have some time with a Qb on their roster before he calls it quits.

Your right, brennan is a better fit, but he doesnt have first round value. At this point in time, brohm does.
Quote:
Old 03-04-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Duckett is terrible.

For a big back, he's terrible in short yardage situations. I've never seen a back tiptoe though the hole like him; he runs soft.

To even compare him to Brandon Jacobs is an insult.
Then you obviously haven't seen Shaun Alexander this past season.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Surprising signing as Alexander is a power back and Duckett is just a short yardage back. Alexander isn't too effective anymore, but if Seattle thought so they'd release him or get him to restructure.

Shouldnt affect whether they draft a rb in round 1. No one is thinking, "Now that we have Duckett our future RB situation is solved".
Old 03-04-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. Duckett ran with no power. He tip toed through holes and got taken down. His first couple of years he was good though.

Stupid bust of a pick.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya I wouldnt rule out RB at all. Duckett is overrated. Never really has proven himself at least in my eyes. If what you guys are saying is true that he tiptoes through the line then they need to seriously think about getting a back. Morris is proven but hes average. Overall decent sign by the seahawks but Duckett is definitely not the answer.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Quote:
For those reasons your completely wrong. If Holmgren only has 1 year left, why would he draft a position in the 1st round that he will never see play? He will go for emediate need and try to win.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll still go RB in the first. Alexander has a year left at the most and Duckett has proven time and time again he's hardly an NFL back. Decent in short yardage, but that's about it.

I still have them going Chris Johnson. He's the perfect pair with Duckett. Alexander is toast there, and Morris is a backup.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:34 AM    (permalink
#1chiefs_fan

i dont get why Duckett keeps signing with teams to be 3rd running back. After atlanta cut him two years ago, he went to the redskins to play behind portis and betts and he never played. The following year he goes to lions, who had just recently signed tatum bell and already kevin jones and he got decent playing time towards the end of the season. He needed to find a team where he can be the 2nd running back and get playing time. I dont know just my 2 cents. :)
Old 03-05-2008, 06:16 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didnt he get traded from Atlanta to the Redskins? I think in a 3 way for Ashley Lelie or something.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:10 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
They also do have Charlie Frye. I know laugh, but he could definitely become the starter in the next few years.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:12 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1chiefs_fan View Post
i dont get why Duckett keeps signing with teams to be 3rd running back. After atlanta cut him two years ago, he went to the redskins to play behind portis and betts and he never played. The following year he goes to lions, who had just recently signed tatum bell and already kevin jones and he got decent playing time towards the end of the season. He needed to find a team where he can be the 2nd running back and get playing time. I dont know just my 2 cents. :)
If he came to NY he would have been the starter and then maybe we wouldn't have signed Thomas Jones.