Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-25-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default So.....

who do you guys think we will get in FA?

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Smile

Kevin Curtis!
Old 02-25-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Curtis and a veteran MLB.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think they're going to push hard for london fletcher and i think curtis should be an easy one for them so i'd say those two will be the most notable ones
Old 02-25-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MLB and WR.... I'd love to deal with that in FA so we don't have to get them in the draft.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Curtis and London Fletcher. Hopefully a surprise.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea a CB would be great along with an OLinemen or a DE if theres any good ones out there
Old 02-25-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Leonard Davis would be a good pick up as an OG.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I think Leonard Davis would be a good pick up as an OG.

Leonard Davis would indeed be a great OG. Except for the fact he's gonna demand LT money, which would mean we'd have to immensly overpay the guy.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody think we have a chance at Derrick Dockery? He would be a nice pick up. Steinbach is not an option because we have no chance to get him because he the best option on the O-line in FA and Dielman is unlikely from San Diego IMO because I think he will go to Miami and follow Cam Cameron.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I didn't even realize Derrick Dockery was still in the league. I don't think Leonard Davis is an option seeing as how we have so much cap space tied into our Offensive Line as it is. Hopefully a stud CB or MLB will be there (Nate Clements or London Fletcher), but neither would sign here probably.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well actually. Instead of paying a fortune for:
Davis, who is a good guard but a crappy left tackle, and he'll want LT money
Clements, who is a top 20 corner, but wants top 5 money
Steinbach or Dielman, who are both aiming for Hutchinson-like contracts

I agree we may want to take a looksie at Steinbach and/or Dielman... but there is no way we could cherish this cap space and hang onto it for next year? that way we don't insanely overpay these guys and next year in a hopefully stronger FA class can really attract some difference-makers?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 02-26-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Aard
Rookie

Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.

I'm interested to see which RB(s) we pursue in free agency.
Aard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

why do you think they'll seriously push for one? KJ is progressing nicely and calhoun will be back next year. Harris might be a FA im not sure but whover we go after would at best split carries with calhoun as a back up
Old 02-26-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
why do you think they'll seriously push for one? KJ is progressing nicely and calhoun will be back next year. Harris might be a FA im not sure but whover we go after would at best split carries with calhoun as a back up
Isnt KJ contract almost over. If so I cant see the Lions re-signing him bc of injuries. Calhoun I cant see being a full time starter but a great backup. I think we should at least try and grab someone in FA. Definitely not a full time starter, but a nice RB to help out Calhoun.

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you think Kevin Curtis to start over Furry? Because I think he can find a starting spot out there. He's arguably the best FA WR available.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Are you think Kevin Curtis to start over Furry? Because I think he can find a starting spot out there. He's arguably the best FA WR available.
I think with the numbers Furrey put up last year in this system that'd it be unlikely, but he could definitely earn the spot in camp.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

yes furrey would be the slot reciever with curtis at #2
Old 02-26-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy555 View Post
Isnt KJ contract almost over. If so I cant see the Lions re-signing him bc of injuries. Calhoun I cant see being a full time starter but a great backup. I think we should at least try and grab someone in FA. Definitely not a full time starter, but a nice RB to help out Calhoun.
i dont think its that close and the coaches love KJ and will definitly resign him when his contract is up if they were thinking that he's going to be gona soon im pretty sure they'd take AD
Old 02-26-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm Hoping for Curtis and Fletcher-Baker, and maybe a surprise like Steinbach or Dielman
Old 02-26-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Fletcher is gone... according to Tom Kowalski (sp?).

That leaves MLB as a position of need.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
i dont think its that close and the coaches love KJ and will definitly resign him when his contract is up if they were thinking that he's going to be gona soon im pretty sure they'd take AD

If we do resign him his contract will have a mojority of the money obtainible through incentives.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Mike Doss. He's experienced at the safety position and has worked in the Cover 2 under Dungy. The Lions aren't sold on Terrance Holt and Kenoy kennedy as safeties. He should be considerably cheaper than alot of other FA. I also wouldnt mind getting Nick Harper.
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by detknowitall View Post
Mike Doss. He's experienced at the safety position and has worked in the Cover 2 under Dungy. The Lions aren't sold on Terrance Holt and Kenoy kennedy as safeties. He should be considerably cheaper than alot of other FA. I also wouldnt mind getting Nick Harper.
Aren't we (over)paying Kennedy a lot of money?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 02-27-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detknowitall View Post
Doss is coming off a major injury. He is only 80 % right now but should be ready by training camp. I wouldn't want him. though given the injury Stick with Kennedy for one more year and Bullocks at free safety. Kennedy and Doss are strong safeties and Bullocks should be a strong safety. I guess it doesn't matter in the Cover 2 in terms of strong and free safety though but I would like a typical free safety on the roster. Deon Grant from Jax would work as long as we get him at a reasonable price. However, we have bigger needs right now than safety.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote