Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
That's the problem with letting Monk into the Hall of Fame. It's opened the door to players like Bettis and Martin.
yeah, Monk getting in is pretty ridiculous in my mind. Yeah it was a different era I guess, but he was a solid reciever who got a lot of catches, not a lot more. No offense to anyone who loves him or anything, but 68 TDs in 16 career years doesnt scream hall of fame to me...
Old 03-07-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
robswinga

To those who use the "top 3-5" at their position argument, how exactly would that be determined? Do they have to be tops at their position for a certain amount of years? If thats the case, then Terrell Davis deserves mention. I guess its some special combination of being among the best at your position, along with a certain amount of longevity in your carerer.

I do agree with those who say that the HOF is becoming watered down.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robswinga View Post
To those who use the "top 3-5" at their position argument, how exactly would that be determined? Do they have to be tops at their position for a certain amount of years? If thats the case, then Terrell Davis deserves mention. I guess its some special combination of being among the best at your position, along with a certain amount of longevity in your carerer.

I agree your career needs some longevity but you also need to be legitimately great at some point of it. A lot of people point to Gale Sayers. Someone who was absolutely amazing for 4 seasons, but thats about it. He didn't have longevity, but still got in.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It isn't bogus. It is a legit argument. Curtis Martin just never got hurt. That is why he rushed for so much. His career ypc isn't very impressive and at no time in his career was he ever a top 3 RB in the game.
He was the leading Rusher in 04 and had solid seasons year in and year out.

IMO he's not a Steve Smith type game changer, but not every player is supposed to be.

Any running back who is able to go year in and year out and give an offense 1000+ yards is what you'd call very good.

But to do so for 11 years is pretty damn good, especially when he averaged 8+ TDs per year.

I think he deserves to be in the HOF for the reason that he's a blue collar player who while didn't change the game contributed more to his signature franchise than other guys in the hall.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Wasn't this just Taylor's first pro bowl?
Yes, and he got in because someone ahead of him was injured.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robswinga View Post

I may sound like a Broncos homer here, but IMO, TD deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. He was an absolute beast at RB for 4 years, winning a MVP, Super Bowl MVP and All Pro honors.
I think a bigger question mark may be Priest Holmes, because when he was healthy, he was a fricken beast that dominated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
He was the leading Rusher in 04 and had solid seasons year in and year out.

IMO he's not a Steve Smith type game changer, but not every player is supposed to be.

Any running back who is able to go year in and year out and give an offense 1000+ yards is what you'd call very good.

But to do so for 11 years is pretty damn good, especially when he averaged 8+ TDs per year.

I think he deserves to be in the HOF for the reason that he's a blue collar player who while didn't change the game contributed more to his signature franchise than other guys in the hall.
1,000 yards now a days is overrated. I mean, look at some of the guys who have accumulated 10,000 career rushing yards. Warrick Dunn, Eddie George, Fred Taylor, all decent guys, but come on, they aren't anything special.
Martin had great durability and longevity, but I just don't think he was "greatness".
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO Seau and Thomas dont belong in the Hall of Fame, and I am not just saying that because I am a Bills fan.
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote