Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 03-07-2008, 09:13 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default bears looking at flacco, not woodson

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...arnt07.article

dammit....oh well, flaccos still better than chad henne.

also in that article, it says the chiefs might sign away rashied davis and we wouldnt even be compensated. losing another WR is just what we need....
Old 03-07-2008, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

then again Davis could be replaced pretty easily imo

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:24 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
then again Davis could be replaced pretty easily imo
thats true but we really dont need to be losing any more WRs with experience
Old 03-07-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh, not too worried about losing rashied davis. we could replace him with a rookie if we draft right.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No longer a hidden secret the Bears are seemingly interested in Flacco. However very surprised they had no one on hand for Woodson's workout.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

flacco > henne

thats about the only positive i see in this

and now we have the uber-amazing brandon lloyd to replace davis. thats just wonderful.....</sarcasm>
Old 03-07-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling Flacco will go before our 2nd pick now, and a strange/gut feeling someone will randomly take him in the late 1st...so if we take a OT first, if we go QB hopefully Brohm is still on the board in the 2nd so we don't take Henne...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I have a feeling Flacco will go before our 2nd pick now, and a strange/gut feeling someone will randomly take him in the late 1st...so if we take a OT first, if we go QB hopefully Brohm is still on the board in the 2nd so we don't take Henne...
aye, agreed. though i also hope that we arent that team who trades up for flacco....hes just not worth it i think. sure hes got loads of potential but itd be all kinds of risky in the 1st. especially if we or someone has to give up a future 1st for it.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
aye, agreed. though i also hope that we arent that team who trades up for flacco....hes just not worth it i think. sure hes got loads of potential but itd be all kinds of risky in the 1st. especially if we or someone has to give up a future 1st for it.
yea I really don't see us trading up for him, mainly because the organization feels comfortable with Rex and Orton right now that we don't really need a stud rookie, more of just a want...so I don't see us trading up for flacco, more we would take him if he fell to us, and if he's gone either we take Brohm possibly if he's still there or Henne (ugh) maybe, but I'd rather us wait a couple rounds and take a QB just to add depth

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both Flacco and Woodson need work, but I would've taken Woodson's intangibles over Flacco's arm. Flacco could go by the first round.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
yea I really don't see us trading up for him, mainly because the organization feels comfortable with Rex and Orton right now that we don't really need a stud rookie, more of just a want...so I don't see us trading up for flacco, more we would take him if he fell to us, and if he's gone either we take Brohm possibly if he's still there or Henne (ugh) maybe, but I'd rather us wait a couple rounds and take a QB just to add depth
i see that you being an iowa fan have probably been subjected to watching henne's not-so-goodness over the past few years...

he was an alright college QB but i dont see him doing well at all in the pros. he literally embodies everythingb ad about orton and grossman with fewer of their positives..
Old 03-07-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Both Flacco and Woodson need work, but I would've taken Woodson's intangibles over Flacco's arm. Flacco could go by the first round.
agreed but since the bears didnt even bother to scope out woodson, that doesnt bode well for him.....
Old 03-07-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can understand them avoiding Woodson, he's probably never going to be a WCO quarterback. I think he will succeed in the right system though.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I can understand them avoiding Woodson, he's probably never going to be a WCO quarterback. I think he will succeed in the right system though.
is ours really west coast? i always thought it was more of a power running with vertical passing sort of thing....
Old 03-07-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a good point. In theory it was supposed to be a WCO. It certainly was the first time Turner was OC in the mid-90's, but it's since permutated.

I think a big reason for that is Grossman however. If you watched the Orton-Griese starts it was much more dinking and dunking. Hell I think Adrian Peterson ended up with like 50 catches.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
That's a good point. In theory it was supposed to be a WCO. It certainly was the first time Turner was OC in the mid-90's, but it's since permutated.

I think a big reason for that is Grossman however. If you watched the Orton-Griese starts it was much more dinking and dunking. Hell I think Adrian Peterson ended up with like 50 catches.
i agree on grossman, and to me, it seemed like they had griese throwing a little bit of everything....

and i kind of thought the dinking and dunking with orton in there was because he had a lack of experience more than anything else.....idk

its just when i picture a west coast offense, i picture a team like tampa or seattle having 5 guys runnings short to intermediate routes all over the field. a guy going deep occasionally....

i think their personnel is a lot different too, but i see very little of what they do in what we do
Old 03-07-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
i see that you being an iowa fan have probably been subjected to watching henne's not-so-goodness over the past few years...

he was an alright college QB but i dont see him doing well at all in the pros. he literally embodies everythingb ad about orton and grossman with fewer of their positives..
I see 51 has gotten to you with his bogus talk about Flacco.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I see 51 has gotten to you with his bogus talk about Flacco.
I think he was talking about Henne.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Did you know that Flacco is Italian for overrated?

Old 03-07-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I think he was talking about Henne.
whoops, I saw that second paragraph and I remember 51 saying the same exact thing about Flacco about 1000 times before.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
whoops, I saw that second paragraph and I remember 51 saying the same exact thing about Flacco about 1000 times before.
yeah i kind of stole it from there but felt it better applied to henne. just go look at what scott has for his weaknesses in his rankings, hes an inch taller grossman.

as for flacco....eh. my opinion on the guy is mixed. he probably doesnt deserve to go as high as he will (late 1st/early 2nd) but he does have a lot of potential i feel.

i also feel that way about woodson, only moreso....too bad we're not even looking at woodson.....
Old 03-07-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally would rather take Henne over Flacco. Flacco has a ton of potential but I think he's so far away from reaching it. We haven't been able to develop a qb in um.....ever. I'd go with Henne if I had to choose. I hope we don't take either in round 2.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I personally would rather take Henne over Flacco. Flacco has a ton of potential but I think he's so far away from reaching it. We haven't been able to develop a qb in um.....ever. I'd go with Henne if I had to choose. I hope we don't take either in round 2.
well i would choose neither in round 2. like i said, i wouldnt touch flacco as high as hes going to be pushed i feel, and i dont want henne at all.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

I wouldn't be upset if we went with either in the 2nd cause we do need a qb but I hope there are better players available.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I wouldn't be upset if we went with either in the 2nd cause we do need a qb but I hope there are better players available.
yeah but i said in another thread somewhere that QB isnt something you should just go willy nilly over. you had better really love the guy your taking or its only going to end up problematic.

if i were a GM, and we should all thank god that i am not, i would be taking a quarterback i really love. if theres a guy who many people have rated as a late round prospect who i think would a perfect pick for my team, i would wait to take him.

like this year, everyone seems to love matt ryan. i do not. if i were a GM in need of a QB, im not going to take a guy i dont like just because hes the consensus favorite. if theres someone else i like, im going to try and get that guy as late as i can afford to.

so just because most people like henne and flacco as early 2nd rounders, i dont like them there and would just wait.