Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 03-10-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
DaSuperfan
Rookie

DaSuperfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sometimes teams purposefully don't send any scouts to a player's workout because they secretly want that player in the draft and don't want to draw attention to themselves. I hope that this isn't the case with Woodson. I personally think he's going to be a bust in the NFL. His slow release, combined with his poor decision making will get him killed in the NFL.

I'd rather have Flacco any day of the week, and I hope that the rumor that we like Flacco over Woodson is true.
DaSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
blkwdw13
Rookie

blkwdw13 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey 51 I like that sig picture you have.
blkwdw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:30 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Muchos Gracias.

Apparently we had a lot of scouts at Josh Johnson's event, including Pep Hamilton.

I'm neutral on him. Not sure if Turner would know how to utilize him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
DaBear89
Rookie

DaBear89 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

since when can turner utilize any1? let alone a dual threat QB or w/e ppl call them now
DaBear89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:39 AM    (permalink
xspikex
Rookie

xspikex hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear89 View Post
since when can turner utilize any1? let alone a dual threat QB or w/e ppl call them now
I actually think Turner has done a really good job of utilizing Grossman.
The deep ball is his big strength, and Turner have used it alot with him.
xspikex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspikex View Post
I actually think Turner has done a really good job of utilizing Grossman.
The deep ball is his big strength, and Turner have used it alot with him.
He has used it a lot...even when it doesnt work. Problem is w/ Rex, is that that is his best throw, and that Turner strays away from the run game b.c he is so tempted by the deep throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:23 AM    (permalink
xspikex
Rookie

xspikex hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

True, Turner strayed from the running game this year, but it wasn't effective and we were behind a lot this year.

I'm not his biggest fan, and we could probably do better at the OC position, but I do think we could do a lot worse too.
Remember Terry Shea...
xspikex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need schoop back. 3rd and 1, WR screen. 3rd and 28 WR screen.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

such a weak qb class, flacco's gone. it's barely worth taking anything but a flyer on a late rd qb. i have no names.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
such a weak qb class, flacco's gone. it's barely worth taking anything but a flyer on a late rd qb. i have no names.
well, lets play the assume ryan, brohm and flacco are gone game. (ryan is gone...thank christ)

i wouldnt want chad henne at all period. too bad my opinion doesnt factor into teh bears actual draft plan.....and id like to have woodson. people are low on him, i like him. he looked damn good against some rather good teams like LSU....

after about teh 4th round, i really no long care what QB we take if we do at that point. that late in the draft is....meh. few of em turn out to be much more than backups, so i would accept anyone
Old 03-15-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Henne, but I think we should go BPA no matter what. I don't want us to reach just to grab a qb.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
well, lets play the assume ryan, brohm and flacco are gone game. (ryan is gone...thank christ)

i wouldnt want chad henne at all period. too bad my opinion doesnt factor into teh bears actual draft plan.....and id like to have woodson. people are low on him, i like him. he looked damn good against some rather good teams like LSU....

after about teh 4th round, i really no long care what QB we take if we do at that point. that late in the draft is....meh. few of em turn out to be much more than backups, so i would accept anyone
Kevin O'Connell.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I like Henne, but I think we should go BPA no matter what. I don't want us to reach just to grab a qb.
i dont think anyone should ever reach to grab a QB...unless its the falcons or ravens this year to keep ryan from tempting JA......

but i dont think henne would be the BPA in the 7th round. i just dont see him having a pro future as a starter, much less ever being a franchise QB
Old 03-15-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

I think Henne could be BPA in round 2, obviously depends on whos there.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I think Henne could be BPA in round 2, obviously depends on whos there.
mmmmm like i said....i dont. i dont like henne as an nfl QB.

i said it once before and ill stand by it that id rather have anthony "deer in the headlights" morelli over henne
Old 03-15-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Kevin O'Connell.
I like O'Connell a lot too, but they better be pretty damn sure about him if they think he's the QB of the future.

I guess what I'm saying is, that we should probably consider a QB no later than the 44th pick. Grossman is not the answer, and it's very doubtful Orton is either. Even in the three games where Orton played pretty well, his completion % was way too low, something that he really struggled with his rookie season as well.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I like O'Connell a lot too, but they better be pretty damn sure about him if they think he's the QB of the future.

I guess what I'm saying is, that we should probably consider a QB no later than the 44th pick. Grossman is not the answer, and it's very doubtful Orton is either. Even in the three games where Orton played pretty well, his completion % was way too low, something that he really struggled with his rookie season as well.
I don't think the value will be on the board by then. With the way flacco's getting pumped up, i don't think we'd have a chance by 44. Therefore. O'Connell wouldn't be a bad pick imo in the 6th.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

the nice thing about taking a QB late, such as well after the 44th pick, is that theres no real commitment to him. he can come in, compete for a few years, if hes no good, he can be pushed out with no real consequence.

you cant say teh same about a QB taken in the 2nd round. theres a bit more of an investment there....if we take a guy (henne) there and hes no good, we again run into the cedric benson scenario where we have to keep around due to the investment since the FO wouldnt want to look stupid.

i said before that if your going to take a QB early, you had better make damn sure he is your guy and can be your franchise QB and i simply dont see anyone who would be there in the first 44 picks id take. maybe brohm if hes there.....and id put flacco well ahead of henne.

id put anthony freakin morelli ahead of henne. i dont like chad henne!