Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 03-09-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.
Default Dominique Foxworth to the Gang Green?

I was reading on the jets blog that Dominique Foxworth is interested in coming to the boys. Also, I heard that Denver is in need of a 4-3 DT. And Think that it may be possible that we may get Foxworth for Robertson. Anyone else interested?

http://www.thejetsblog.com/?p=3630

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This would be a good trade considering Robertson isn't used well in your defense and he can be easily replaced. Also in the first you could pickup Glen Dorsey which is a huge upgrade from Robertson. Foxworth never really got his chance in denver but he could definately start out as a nickleback which is what he was in Denver.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love that, actually. I'd rather get Brandon Marshall, but hey.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

gio hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ill take Denver's waterboy for robertson!! a trade for anybody at this point is a no brainer.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio View Post
ill take Denver's waterboy for robertson!! a trade for anybody at this point is a no brainer.
He's only a waterboy because of Champ and Dre in front of him. He is good enough to start.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

I would just assume cut drob. I don't know much about foxworth other than he's a backup player who doesn't have a contract. So once we trade for him we'd have to offer a contract extension to a player we've never seen start or in practice.

I'm all for getting as much value as we can from drob, but i don't think i like this deal.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie

nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i would like this trade because 1. we get rid of drob and 2. we get a CB who can compete for a starting job but if he didnt get it it wojlndt be taht jmuch of a let down

if we could get brandon marshall, i would much rather that but i highly doubt they would trade him

but as for dorsey, i would NOT like that pick...hes just as poor of a fit for the 3-4 as drob as
Old 03-11-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone who thinks there is even a remote chance of getting Marshall in any way shape or form is on crack. Even mentioning him is a waste of time.

Sad to see DRob basically being thrown out the door because he could produce if in a proper system. He's done what he can for the team dispite being out of position and hasn't bitched and complained.

I wouldn't mind this trade, i think Foxworth is a solid CB who would be our #3 and potentially our #2 (although ideally 3 but he might beat out the other competition). Would his salary not be lower than DRob also?

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I completely disagree with you. I think Robertson is a complete bust! I will 1st say it is a bit relative bc he was the #4 overall pick and we traded up for him.
2nd though he isnt good in the 43 either. He actually averaged more tackles per season: 60 in the 3-4 and more sacks per season (which hes supposed to be known for in the 43) with 3.5. IN the 4-3 which he supposedly better in he averaged 46 tackles and 3 sacks per season even if you disgard his rookie season wehich birngs some of those averages down. His production in the 4-3 or 3-4 is a wash. in the 4-3 he was considered a disappointment yes eh was improving but that wasn't much. He should have been better earlier bc he had John Abraham who was a stud pass rusher and shuan ellis who was also a sack artist in his own right beside him. Jason Ferguson considered a 34 NT but also double team drawer extrordinaire also played with robertson HE DIDN'T produce to garner a 4th rd pick let alone 4th overall. I don;t like when people say if we ran a 4-3 he would have been better bc he was supposedly the next warren sapp and even if he didnt have 10 sakcs like sapp he never had more than 4 BUT THAT WAS IN THE 3-4 so where's the argument 9he had better players in the 43 for rushing the passer why did he improve when he was in the 34 with worse players bc although hes not good in the 34 hes better than he was in the 43 bc our defensive coaching is better...DROB youre abust). I'm glad he's going to be gone bc we are currently at 4.5 milliion under the cap he will clear 7 million and a bad fit for the Jets in a 3-4 esp. He was a nice guy who was funny with his I don;t know where I am look and the tilting of his head in every team photo, sayin im country and my lower lip sags like im drueling but Im not going to miss him as a player or reminder that the Jets before Mike Tannenbaum and Eric Mangini had no idea how to effectively use the draft.

Dewayne Robertson you will undoubtly end up with another team if for no other reason than you will cost too much money for the Jets. I know youre a high effort guy (or have been since mangini slapped you on the ass and said GET MOVING) and I like you for that but underperforming at your rate is awful. GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Last edited by hcbrad08 : 03-13-2008 at 07:25 PM. Reason: wrote over cap instead of under
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
anyone who thinks there is even a remote chance of getting Marshall in any way shape or form is on crack. Even mentioning him is a waste of time.
Seriously. You guys can forget about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Sad to see DRob basically being thrown out the door because he could produce if in a proper system. He's done what he can for the team dispite being out of position and hasn't bitched and complained.

I wouldn't mind this trade, i think Foxworth is a solid CB who would be our #3 and potentially our #2 (although ideally 3 but he might beat out the other competition). Would his salary not be lower than DRob also?
D-Rob would undoubtedly start for the Broncos who are pretty thin at DT. He didn't fit in a 3-4 scheme (why the Jets switched with Vilma, Robertson, etc being suited for a 4-3 I don't understand), but should be better than anybody the Broncos have in a 4-3 scheme.

Foxworth will be cheaper then Robertson. Plus he is a good character guy. He won't be spectacular or anything, but he is a solid player.

I'm thinking Foxworth for Robertson and a fourth or a fifth.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

I was thinking the other way around...Foxworth and a pick (5th or 6th) this year or next for Robertson. Robertsons contract will be renegotiated and Foxworth's has to be aswell for long term. They wash and Robertson will start and Foxworth will AT BEST be #2 but still starter and a pick for backup NO. Backup and pick for Starter. YES

Old 03-13-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
I was thinking the other way around...Foxworth and a pick (5th or 6th) this year or next for Robertson. Robertsons contract will be renegotiated and Foxworth's has to be aswell for long term. They wash and Robertson will start and Foxworth will AT BEST be #2 but still starter and a pick for backup NO. Backup and pick for Starter. YES
IT was reported that foxworth and the broncos are close to a contract negotiation, so he wouldn't be part of the deal. They did however mention that another player could be in the trade talks, no idea who it would be.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Old 03-13-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

Jay Cutler....Oh sorry his little brother JK

I looked at their depth chart and Im thinking maybe Glenn Martinez or Stephen Alexander

Other than that I couldnt find anyone besides Jay Cutler's little brother who would be in that trade of foxworth and robertson.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
Why would the Broncos send Foxworth and a pick for Robertson when the Jets had a trade agreed to that would send Robertson for a fourth and fifth? Foxworth was tendered at a third rounder (ie his market value) and Robertsons value has already been set at a fourth and a fifth (although that might go down since that trade didn't go through and reports about his knee).

There is no reason why it would be Foxworth and a pick...if anything the Broncos get a pick and Robertson in exchange for Foxworth.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
IT was reported that foxworth and the broncos are close to a contract negotiation, so he wouldn't be part of the deal. They did however mention that another player could be in the trade talks, no idea who it would be.
That source has since changed their story. They officially have no idea what is going on.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie

Quote:
we are currently at 4.5 milliion over the cap
are you serious? i thought wew were 4.5 under...please tell me taht was justa mistake
Old 03-13-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets5125 View Post
are you serious? i thought wew were 4.5 under...please tell me taht was justa mistake
We are under by roughly 4.5.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
We are under by roughly 4.5.
aright thats what i thought, good...and that number can easily jump to i think aorund 11.5 when/if robertson is traded/cut
Old 03-13-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal View Post
Why would the Broncos send Foxworth and a pick for Robertson when the Jets had a trade agreed to that would send Robertson for a fourth and fifth? Foxworth was tendered at a third rounder (ie his market value) and Robertsons value has already been set at a fourth and a fifth (although that might go down since that trade didn't go through and reports about his knee).

There is no reason why it would be Foxworth and a pick...if anything the Broncos get a pick and Robertson in exchange for Foxworth.
Foxworth received a "low tender", which means Denver would be compensated with a third-round draft choice, if another NFL team signs the RFA to a contract.

It was a low tender out of high medium and low. If someone were willing to give up a 3rd rd for Foxworth they would have signed him in FA. Thus he is not worth a 3rd rd pick so his market value proved too high and name one good GM who pays market value in a trade after FA didnt yield market value (Matt Millen might but then again I said a good GM). Also we dont need a CB as bad a Denver needs a DT. And we get posts like BJoes where there are talks that its Foxworth and antoher Player for Drob. And the rumor that he was working on a deal (sign and trade) was false sooo the Jets will have to give him a long term deal like the Broncos will Robertson. Who's more proven, Robertson who's needed more by the other team, Robertson. IF THE JETS WERE GOING TO GIVE UP A 3RD FOR FOXWORTH THEY WOULD HAVE SIGNED HIM AND GIVEN IT TO DENVER AS HE WAS A RFA. He's now worth less bc no one signed him. So Drob and a Pick for Foxworth NO.

Last edited by hcbrad08 : 03-13-2008 at 07:36 PM.