Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 03-09-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
mancl
Rookie

mancl is a cocksman.mancl is a cocksman.mancl is a cocksman.
Default Jake Scott

Has anyone heard what is going in with him? It seems pretty quiet at least to those of us in Packerland where we could use a guard. Do you think it is because most teams see him as being too small?
Thanks
mancl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you need a guard, you'd be better off drafting one IMO.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:56 AM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....803100376/1027

Jake Scott is a Titan now.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Tennessee Colts add another...

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:24 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4-year, $20 mill?

They overpaid.

Howard Mudd's system masks weaknesses.

Last edited by MaxV : 03-10-2008 at 09:30 AM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He helped the Colts win a championship, I thank him for that, and he never represented the Colts poorly. He never missed a game in the last three years, postseason too I believe. He's a good guy and a solid player, I'm glad to see he was able to get a very good deal for himself and his family.

For the Colts, this opens the door for Charlie Johnson at right guard where he's best suited (if not a year of Dylan Gandy), and that allows for Michael Toudouze and Corey Hillard to stay on the 53-man roster as well to provide excellent depth at OT.

Last edited by Geo : 03-10-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Charlie Johnson played the Super Bowl as a sub, then suffered an injury during the pre-season. He has not been as good since then. I am not sure if it has anything to do with his injury but playing him at LT was a big mistake, he just does not have the feet for playing LT or RT. In fact, several of the run plays were losses when Charlie Johnson played instead of Ugoh. Even when Ugoh played, the Colts still were not able to run against the Chargers. If CJ does not have a good year next year, he will lose his roster spot, that is my gut feeling. Michael Toudouze, I am very much impressed with him. But the same thing was said about CJ when he came in as a sub. Let us see if Toudouze can keep his performance up.

Also, Ryan Diem is paid a ton of money for RT, I wonder if the Colts will draft a replacement for him with Duane Brown of VTech. Jake Scott was versatile, he could play guard and tackle, he will do well in Tennessee. I wish nothing but the best for him, he was a good Colt as long as he was with the Colts. As long as he does not give away the Colts O tendencies in certain situations, (which the Titans may expect from him:-)), I will be easy on him. I am glad he got paid.

The Colts have to focus more on running, especially in the red zone and our O-line needs continuity and should come up with ways to block LBs and create running lanes, can't have too many run plays for losses for our O.

When the Colts ran it well in the playoffs, they won it all. For as good a year as Brady had throwing the ball, he threw only 28 times in the Jaguars game though he went 26-28. That is playoff football in a nutshell, have to run the ball well and play good D. Manning, on the other hand, 48 passes is way too many and made the O look one-dimensional in the Chargers playoff game. That needs to change, whether it requires a conscious effort from Tom Moore or Manning, it has to be done.

Last edited by chad72 : 03-12-2008 at 02:56 PM.
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote