Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 03-10-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default DE in First two Rounds?

I could honestly see the Rams drafting a DE in the first two rounds. I was looking at the depth chart and we are in serious trouble at the end position. Anyone else agree with me? With Little's injury history, we really need to add some depth at that position and since we dropped Hall and added nothing in FA, I'm starting to get a bit worried. What do you think?
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

I would say it's very unlikely that the Rams draft two DE's in the first two rounds. The only way I even see that as a possibility is if something crazy happens like drafting Long and Gholston falling out of the first, but that isn't happening. I think its basically a guarantee that they are taking 1 DE in the first two rounds. A DE core of Little, Long/Gholston/2nd rounder, Adeyanju, Moore, and probably a decent veteran depth guy is most likely, and would probably suffice. Right now the Rams have too many holes to draft the same position in the first two rounds. In addition to the DE position the Rams have moderate to glaring needs at WR, OL, LB, and SS.

I have two versions of the positions the Rams will draft:
1. Chris Long
2. best offensive lineman available
3. wr
4. ss/lb
5. bpa
6. bpa
7. bpa

or

1. Jake Long (basically if Dolphins take Chris)
2. de
3. wr
4. ss/lb
5. bpa
6. bpa
7. bpa

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
I would say it's very unlikely that the Rams draft two DE's in the first two rounds. The only way I even see that as a possibility is if something crazy happens like drafting Long and Gholston falling out of the first, but that isn't happening. I think its basically a guarantee that they are taking 1 DE in the first two rounds. A DE core of Little, Long/Gholston/2nd rounder, Adeyanju, Moore, and probably a decent veteran depth guy is most likely, and would probably suffice. Right now the Rams have too many holes to draft the same position in the first two rounds. In addition to the DE position the Rams have moderate to glaring needs at WR, OL, LB, and SS.

I have two versions of the positions the Rams will draft:
1. Chris Long
2. best offensive lineman available
3. wr
4. ss/lb
5. bpa
6. bpa
7. bpa

or

1. Jake Long (basically if Dolphins take Chris)
2. de
3. wr
4. ss/lb
5. bpa
6. bpa
7. bpa
Why not Golston with the #1 pick. I would take him before Jake Long. I also saw that the Panthers are shopping Julius Peppers. Would he be worth going after or would he cost way to much to even consider.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Miami drafts Chris Long why not draft Gholston?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:46 AM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

They definitely could draft Gholston at number, I am just saying that it would take something unbelievably crazy for the Rams to draft two DE's in the first two rounds.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:44 AM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm all for Golston if we can't get Chris Long. This draft is very deep at oline and I think we can get some more depth in round 2. Another option I've been kicking around trading away our #2 overall to the Eagles for Sheppard, their #1, and a day 2 pick.

Regardless, we really need to get 2 DEs in this draft.
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote