Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 02-25-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dolphins draft thread

One positive of the switch is we get a team forum instead of a thread.

So discuss anything about the draft here.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Memorex
Rookie

Memorex needs more cowbell.

The first thing I have to say, is the phins better not draft Ginn, like profootballtalk has them doing.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gaines Adams had a good day. Jarvis Moss did too. None of the other DEs showed out. Moss is an option in round 1. I'm still waiting on the DBs tomorrow, Chris Houston could move his way up to #9.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-26-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

how bout charles johnson?

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

He is more of a base DE and wouldn't fit anyway, but he ran a 4.8.

Gaines Adams had a 1.57 10 yard dash, which was better than all but 2 DEs from last year (Lawson, AndersoN0), and faster than Mario Williams by .03. 4.64 40 yard dash. I really doubt he falls to us know. :(

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-26-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

miamichamp_305 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like Moss, kid ran fast and looks like a good OLB in our 3-4. Damn you Gaines, why did you have to have such a good day? Now for sure we won't get him. I was hoping Spencer would have a good day, he ran a 4.73 I think, but besides that, he was ok. If he could've helped his cause some more I wouldn't have minded trading down and landing him.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memorex View Post
The first thing I have to say, is the phins better not draft Ginn, like profootballtalk has them doing.
I agree. If we were to draft a WR, I'd rather it be Meachum.

I'll agree with Guru as well, I think Houston could end up being our number 1 pick.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I'm leaning toward 1. Houston 2. Spencer/Moses 3.???

Maybe QB with 3, OT or OG as well. WR is an option too. I can't wait until we get through FA so the needs go down some.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-26-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im honestly stumped right now on our first round pick. Levi disappointed me and ran bad (he will run much better at our pro day but scouts will attribute that to our fast track), gaines and branch improved their stock so they are likely to be gone. i dont think either of the QBs will be there.

all i have to say is that a couple of CBs better blow everyone away tomorrow so we can have someone to draft.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I got Gaines Adams, Sidney Rice and Josh Wilson with our first three picks. Pretty much the plan I had going in was getting those three. If only I didn't get raped in FA. :/

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-26-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I got Gaines Adams, Sidney Rice and Josh Wilson with our first three picks. Pretty much the plan I had going in was getting those three. If only I didn't get raped in FA. :/
You need to see if we can trade up and get Drew Stanton or atleast another QB.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

The Vikings just took a WR so I think they don't want Booker anymore. I'm hoping the Bucs are still interested. If not Trent Edwards in the 4th should be an option.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-26-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Memorex
Rookie

Memorex needs more cowbell.

Kiper has us taking Quinn, anyone actually think this is going to happen???

I would like to give C-Pep another try, and I think this would destroy his confidence, but if he would fall to us, and Pep doesn't pan out, we could really regret not taking him.

I agree with the Drew Stanton thing though, I would really like to spend a 3rd on him.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

It depends on how Cameron feels about Culpepper and Lemon. I don't think it is a realistic option.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-26-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hypothetically speaking: CJ & Joe Thomas both get drafted before the Bucs. Do you guys think it is realistic/smart to trade up to #4 and take the Bucs' spot, possibly for Russell, Quinn or both?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

There is no way we would trade up for a QB, we might not take one if they are there.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-27-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Houston ran a 4.32. Hall ran a 4.39. Top two CBs, both looking like top 20 guys if not higher. Wouldn't shock me if either landed in Miami.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-28-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Hypothetically speaking: CJ & Joe Thomas both get drafted before the Bucs. Do you guys think it is realistic/smart to trade up to #4 and take the Bucs' spot, possibly for Russell, Quinn or both?
no way I would want to trade up for a QB, if one fell it would have to be considered with the lack of consistent QB play. But, no way would I trade up for one. I would only trade up for CJ in this draft.

I was wrong about hall and the speed and I will bite the bullet on that one. Landry and Houston are intriquing as well. Plus there is moss (I think Adams will be long gone by the time we pick). Okoye and Branch needs to be considered if they feel they can be a 3-4 DE (even though I still question both at the role and think they are better 4-3 players still we do hybrid sometimes).

Overall the combine has been good for us showing us more talent out there in this draft.

My still concerns over a DB in the 1st round is there is alot of DB talent in this draft. Just like WR, I feel both could be had in the 2nd round (like you did in your mock offseason). There were can pick up the needs filled position. I would rather try to swipe something like a Dlineman or even OLB if Adams somehow fell to us (better to pray for rain in the middle of a desert then that right now though).

My biggest hope is that Minnesota reaches for Meacham at 7, both QBs are off the board before us. Perhaps someway for Adams to perhaps fall if Washington falls in love with Anderson or something.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Okoye is like Warren Sapp and really has no place in a 3-4.

I really wish we would have taken Cromartie last year and then we could take Landry this year, *sigh*. Landry is such a better player than Allen. I really want to have Allen go to CB now and get Landry to play FS. We'll have to wait and see though. DB does have good value later on at CB so I'd like to wait on CB if there is value at another position at #9.

Best case scenario is both QBs go top 8, Peterson, Thomas, CJ all do as well. Then Branch, Landry and maybe Okoye or a WR slip up there too and some way Adams falls to us.

Quick test mock
1. Oakland- Russell
2. Lions- Thomas
3. Browns- AD
4. Bucs- CJ
5. Cards- Landry
6. Washington- Branch
7. Minny- Meachem
8. Houston- Quinn

That would be very wishful thinking, but I could see it happening. Hall/Houston seems much more realistic though. I really wouldn't mind DB round 1, then OLB in round 2 because DE/OLB is very deep this year.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-28-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I would love to have Landry, the guy is just absolutely dominating in a great division, has the talent to be a monster as well. Maybe they will think Allen is a CB like Joe Rose and Jimmy keep saying. We can hope I guess. Then again if AD somehow slips to us that would be nice too for the value of the trade there will be great for us. Someone would definitely want to trade up to get him then.

But yeah it is wishful thinking for us to get adams without a trade up (which I would not wish to do unless we are getting CJ somehow)
Old 03-02-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i absolutely hate Todd McShay but he supposedly has knowledge of the draft and i was watching ESPN earlier and he gave us a little 3 round mock.

1. Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
2. Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
3. Kevin Kolb, QB, Houston

i like the staley pick but i think kolb is a reach there and im not totally sold on anderson as a top 15 pick, nonetheless a top 10.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I really dislike McShay are rarely agree with anything that comes out of his mouth.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-02-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
i absolutely hate Todd McShay but he supposedly has knowledge of the draft and i was watching ESPN earlier and he gave us a little 3 round mock.

1. Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
2. Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
3. Kevin Kolb, QB, Houston

i like the staley pick but i think kolb is a reach there and im not totally sold on anderson as a top 15 pick, nonetheless a top 10.
I think anderson is a top 5 if not top 10 at most but I dont think he fits us well honestly.

staley is fine with me but I rather get edwards then kolb (yuck)
Old 03-09-2007, 03:33 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I really wish we would have taken Cromartie last year and then we could take Landry this year, *sigh*. Landry is such a better player than Allen. I really want to have Allen go to CB now and get Landry to play FS. We'll have to wait and see though.

I was just going to ask someone here about him...whats the story with allen? i remember alot of people raving about him comingg out just the injury bug, but i heard he didnt really do what was expected of him...is he going into this year as a starter, or backup, or basically a bust ?

and yea that does suck you missed out on cromartie, him and landry in the same secondary would be sick with miami's front seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:51 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Jury is still out on Allen. He was supposed to be the starting safety last year but because he held out he fell behind and really didn't get a chance to have a big impact. He saw the field but didn't do much. Had some good plays and some bad ones.

<njx9> <3 dg