Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 03-09-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is getting very interesting for what miami will do in the draft because of what is going on in FA.

For example with the signing of Traylor back and the belief in evans that has been talked about makes it seem like we will not be looking for a NT (coupled with the lack of truly great NT's in the draft).

With the resigning of Holliday and the stated Roth starting that makes the DE position less of a need (branch/okoye/carriker, etc etc)

Porter coupled with JT makes it so any OLB drafted will not be starting for a few years at least, except in a backup role.

Now with the rumors of perhaps getting stallworth would make it so that we would see less of a need there.

It may very well come down to LT, OG, QB, CB/S (depending on their belief of what position is best to use J allen at).

Of course we need to factor in the fact that BPA should over-ride need in most cases anyways.

I would not be surprised honestly anymore if Landry would become the first pick of the dolphins. For a while back (months actually) I was deadset against such a move because the idea of taking 2 safeties back to back (my consideration the least fuctional position on the defense) is like drafting a kicker in the first two rounds.

With 3 picks in the 1st 60 we should be able to address Oline, secondary, QB all on day one.

Really I think the needs of this team are in flux very much right now it will be interesting to see within a month(s) time (for the draft) where we will end up.

Landry
Kalil
Staley
Edwards

for a possible 1st day draft?
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Staley won't last to our second second rounder, and he might not last to our first pick.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

His pro day was that good?
Old 03-09-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Daunte's Inferno
Rookie

Daunte's Inferno hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Landry in the 1st followed by Kalil in the 2nd is what I'm crossing my fingers for..
Daunte's Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:06 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Staley's stock has been higher than our pick since the season ended. He's always been a late 1/early 2 guy.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-10-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do you guys want at #9? CB or DL?
Old 03-10-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

miamichamp_305 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Who do you guys want at #9? CB or DL?
We really aren't in a need for d-linemen, with Roth and Holliday at DEs and Traylor and Evans at DT. I would much rather see us take a CB like Hall, Houston or Revis and if Allen decides to move to CB then Landry would be the pick. I could also definetly see a trade down. I'll tell you this, the Dolphin's pick will be one of the hardest to predict.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Unless it's Gaines Adams we don't need DL. CB is a bit of a reach but it is an area of need.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-10-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Daunte's Inferno
Rookie

You have to go BPA and that is simply Landry.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what is the deal with Allen? Is he a CB or is he a safety? Be objective in your response . . . don't decide based on whether or not you want Landry or Hall/Houston, therefore making Allen the opposite . . . the team's decision on which position he plays best will determine whether they go CB or S.

I see Allen as more of a safety personally, and I think that Leon Hall is the way to go. Landry could very well be gone at 9 though, making the choice easier . . .
Old 03-10-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what are the chances you guys take okoye?

dont take landry!!!
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
what are the chances you guys take okoye?

dont take landry!!!
Don't see it happening since we brought back both Holliday and Traylor. DT is a postion that I think we will address in the middle rounds of the draft.

Same goes with Safety. We already got Bell, Hill and Allen there. It would be a waste to draft one with our 1st pick.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
So what is the deal with Allen? Is he a CB or is he a safety? Be objective in your response . . . don't decide based on whether or not you want Landry or Hall/Houston, therefore making Allen the opposite . . . the team's decision on which position he plays best will determine whether they go CB or S.

I see Allen as more of a safety personally, and I think that Leon Hall is the way to go. Landry could very well be gone at 9 though, making the choice easier . . .
Allen is a safety right now. There is only speculation about him going to CB.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-12-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys thinking about Carriker at all at #9?
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I don't think so. It wouldn't make any sense with Matt Roth on the team.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-12-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
chilly53

Ideal draft would obviously be to trade out of the number 9 spot, but with what the PHINS have right now this is what I am hoping for:

1st: Landry
2nd A: Blalock
2nd B: Stanton
3rd: Aundrae Allison

Any comments???
Old 03-12-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

maybe a cb in rd 1. other than that, its good

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:11 AM    (permalink
WesSpice

Now that they have traded Welker, I don't know how you cannot draft Ginn at number 9. They willingly traded basically the only qualified returner on the team and the number one wideout. We got two WR's in last year's draft, but neither of them have gotten much playing time. If Culpepper is going to be as good as he was in 2003, and we all hope he will be, we're going to need a super fast receiver to stretch the field. Culpepper has major arm strength and for him to be effective that has to be utilized. No one currently on the roster can do that.

As for the second round, as was really hoping for Mason Crosby. But with the signing of Feely it doesn't look like that is going to happen. It looks like that's going to be the best OG available. We cut BOTH starting guards from last year and have yet to sign someone to fill either spot. There are three Guards that are graded with a low 1/high 2 grade and at least one should still be there at our pick. In my opinion, that will most likely be Grubbs.

With our pick from NE in the second round, that could go just about anywhere, but I'm pretty sure that it will NOT go to a QB. We've invested too much in Culpepper. If he's healthy he's the guy, no question. Plus it looks like Cameron really likes Cleo Lemon. We originally acquired him from SD in the A.J. Feely trade, and Cameron seemed to be pretty fond of him there.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Daunte's Inferno
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesSpice View Post
Now that they have traded Welker, I don't know how you cannot draft Ginn at number 9. They willingly traded basically the only qualified returner on the team and the number one wideout. We got two WR's in last year's draft, but neither of them have gotten much playing time. If Culpepper is going to be as good as he was in 2003, and we all hope he will be, we're going to need a super fast receiver to stretch the field. Culpepper has major arm strength and for him to be effective that has to be utilized. No one currently on the roster can do that.

As for the second round, as was really hoping for Mason Crosby. But with the signing of Feely it doesn't look like that is going to happen. It looks like that's going to be the best OG available. We cut BOTH starting guards from last year and have yet to sign someone to fill either spot. There are three Guards that are graded with a low 1/high 2 grade and at least one should still be there at our pick. In my opinion, that will most likely be Grubbs.

With our pick from NE in the second round, that could go just about anywhere, but I'm pretty sure that it will NOT go to a QB. We've invested too much in Culpepper. If he's healthy he's the guy, no question. Plus it looks like Cameron really likes Cleo Lemon. We originally acquired him from SD in the A.J. Feely trade, and Cameron seemed to be pretty fond of him there.
Thank god your not our GM haha.. I think Ginn at 9 and Crosby at 40 would be one of the worst drafts we can have.

Although I like Ginn, it's way too early for him and we can get better value
Old 03-14-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphin...fins_0314.html

Quote:
The Dolphins do not think highly of former Penn State left tackle Levi Brown, who is thought to be the second-best available left tackle. They are, however, impressed with Joe Staley, the Central Michigan product who is thought to be a late first-round or early second-round selection.
I really hope that is true. I wouldn't mind us trading up into the late first to grab Staley. Toonster also mentioned trading back to 16 with GB, than trading back again and picking up Staley. I would love for that to happen but it doesn't seem very likely. I really hope the Brown part is true though. I don't want him anywhere near a Dolphins jersey.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-14-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

miamichamp_305 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post

I really hope that is true. I wouldn't mind us trading up into the late first to grab Staley. Toonster also mentioned trading back to 16 with GB, than trading back again and picking up Staley. I would love for that to happen but it doesn't seem very likely. I really hope the Brown part is true though. I don't want him anywhere near a Dolphins jersey.
I was thinking something similar. I saw this a couple of hours ago and I thought, maybe trade down to the Packers at 16 so they can draft Lynch while also picking up their 2nd. Then use their 2nd or ours and trade back into the late 1st round and that way we can pick up a CB or a WR with the 16th pick and then Staley with the late 1st round pick.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Daunte's Inferno
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post

That kind of makes me uneasy as there is a good chance it's a smokescreen.. I'd say it's more of a smokescreen than true at the moment..

GO LANDRY
Old 03-15-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I have been saying trade back for GB for a while. It would give the value of a 2nd rounder for us.

As for Carriker I dont like the pick at all, a top 10 pick needs to be an impact player with good potential and one that can start from day 1. Drafting Carriker is drafting a backup to start out (Roth and Holliday start at DE in the 3-4 system).

I do like Scotts picks in the 2nd and 3rd as Oline for houck to work with and a QB prospect to build up. :)

AS for Landry I like him, I wish Phillips was in this draft but since he is not Landry is by far the best DB in the draft.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I like both 2nd rounders but I don't like the 1 or 3. Harris is terrible. Carriker makes no sense to me.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-15-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Athrun340
Rookie

Athrun340 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

laron landry in first and sidney rice in 2nd plz..