Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 03-15-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Carriker makes absolutely NO sense...

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAHustler View Post
Carriker makes absolutely NO sense...
im pretty sure thats a consensus among us. i love carriker and all but with vonnie and roth, plus rod wright would be a DE in the 3-4, carriker just doesnt make sense to me either.

as for the second round, beautiful. i dont see drew stanton still being on the board with that pick but if he is, id pull the trigger in a second. sears is a good pick and could probably step right into one of the guard spots and be a starter.

as for harris, we all know he isnt a hudson houck kind of offensive lineman so, although i still like the kid, he doesnt really fit here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't the Fins' target Offense? After all, that's Cameron's forte, and the team's biggest weakness.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:34 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Value isn't really there for offense. I like the Branch pick a lot more than the Carriker pick. I'm not a huge fan of it, but it's 100 times better than Carriker.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Wouldn't the Fins' target Offense? After all, that's Cameron's forte, and the team's biggest weakness.
i completely agree that we should go offense but unless someone falls (quinn, russell, thomas, or CJ), which wont happen, there wont be any offensive players available unless we reach or unless one of the receivers coughjarrettcough runs much better than expected and moves himself back into the top ten.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

We don't take Carriker, but Branch instead?

Old 03-17-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Branch is way better than Carriker for our pick IMO. Carriker is like Roth who is young, Branch is an actually DT and our guys are old inside.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-17-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jamaal Anderson fell to you would you take him? From the Carriker criticism I doubt it.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I'm bored so here is a new mock. Trade #9 to Buffalo for #12 and a 3rd.

1- Leon Hall CB Michigan
2a- Justin Blalock OG Texas
2b- Sidney Rice WR OSU
3a- Trent Edwards QB Stanford
3b- HB Blades LB Pittsburgh

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-21-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hypothetical, Adrian Peterson somehow falls all the way down to Miami...and Landry/Okoye/ Branch are all off the board....now I know you guys need O-Line help but with basically "only" Ronnie Brown to run the ball....A: Does AD get picked ? B: would he fit your O system ? or C: is this a "must trade down" scenario?
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

There is no chance we would take him. We can sign a back up or get one later in the draft, we wouldn't take one at #9. I don't see him getting past Atlanta know though. If he did fall I could see a trade with Buffalo or GB though. Nice sig quote btw, nowhere near the worst though.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-21-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just from that guy or in general ?
And is it just me or is Adrian Peterson really the hardest guy to place in the 1st round...there's soooo many things that could happen as far as trades go...and I'm thinking G.B. and Buffalo are chomping at the bit in hopes that he falls. (even if they don't get him the further he falls the more likely Marshawn would be there for either team)
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

He really is hard to spot him. He can go as high as 3 or as low as 13 with a few spots in between as well as trade possibilities. I'm probably going to have him either in Atlanta or in Houston.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-23-2007, 07:26 AM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

We wouldn't draft him. Unless Ronnie got hurt, he really wouldn't have much use.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:57 AM    (permalink
chilly53

Ok so the Ideal mock would be to trade back to Green Bay if Adrian Peterson is still on the board with the 9th pick, however pending this here is what I would like to see out of this years draft:

1. Laron Landry (BPA - not an urgent need but will definately help the secondary)

2A. Tony Ugoh (Potential at a high need position)

2B. Drew Stanton

3. Aundrae Allison

4. Matt Spaeth (I am from Minnesota and if it weren't for his injury this year he would be much higher on draft boards, Could definately be a Channing Crowder type pick)
Old 04-11-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Miami Kush
Rookie

Miami Kush hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really hope that the dolphins don't take Hall with the 9th pick. I think he is going to be about as good as Allen was last year. As for Allen I hope they move him to CB so we might take Meriweather in the 2nd since I doubt they'll take a Saftey in round 1. Also I hope that Miami really looks at Laurent Robinson out of Illinois St. in the 4th or 6th round depending if he falls to the 6th. I knew him in high school and this kid is a hardworker and loves the game. He showed all the tools to be a good WR at the combine with good size and speed. I know that Miami has already interviewed him last week but I would really like to see him in a Miami jersey.
Miami Kush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know how you can figure out who everyone in the top 10 wants the last 2 weeks before the draft (e.g. Sims to Detroit, Huff to Oakland, etc. last year)? Take it from me, Ginn to Miami at #9 (yeah, yeah, i sound like a broke record). I the only pick in the top 11 I missed last year was Donte Whitner (great suprise though for a Buckeye fan like myself though)

1-Russell
2-Thomas
3-Peterson
4-Johnson
5-Adams
6-Okoye
7-Quinn
8-Landry
9-Ginn Jr.
10-Brown

unless Oakland wants Cj, then that's a wrong mocktop10
Old 04-11-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Um, congrats?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-11-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
You know how you can figure out who everyone in the top 10 wants the last 2 weeks before the draft (e.g. Sims to Detroit, Huff to Oakland, etc. last year)? Take it from me, Ginn to Miami at #9 (yeah, yeah, i sound like a broke record). I the only pick in the top 11 I missed last year was Donte Whitner (great suprise though for a Buckeye fan like myself though)

1-Russell
2-Thomas
3-Peterson
4-Johnson
5-Adams
6-Okoye
7-Quinn
8-Landry
9-Ginn Jr.
10-Brown

unless Oakland wants Cj, then that's a wrong mocktop10
By all reports, The Lions really want Gaines Adams more then anyone else. The Vikes are content with Travaris Jackson as their future and are using Quinn as a smoke screen. Your not taking trades into accout. CJ could easily go number 1 overall. Not sure how you think you can figure out the top 10 in the draft 2 weeks before. 1st of all the draft is 3 weeks away and on top of that. What happen when the Raiders pull a Mario Williams and skip on both CJ and Russell the way Houston skipped on both Reggie and VY last year. No one saw that coming until the day before the draft when it was anounced. By all accounts the Dolphins like Brady Quinn and Joe Staley alot more then they like Ted Ginn and those two could both go at 9 ahead of Ginn.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1-Oak - Johnson
2- Arizona (det) - Thomas
3- Cle -Russell
4- Tampa - Okoye
5- Detriot (Arizona) - Adams
6- Redskins – Anderson/Branch
7- Minn -Landry
8- Atl - Peterson
9- Mia - Quinn
10- Hou - Brown

Something like that is possible to happen

We know that Atlanta likes Peterson.
We know that Tampa loves Okoye
We know that Raiders owner loves Johnson
We know that Detriot wants Adams
We know that Arizona wants a good OT, so does Houston
Redskins need dline help, could be a canidate to trade back (with us perhaps).
Minnesota is the wildcard, I doubt they blow another pick on a QB and state the kid they just drafted with a 2nd was a mistake.

If Quinn is gone, I would trade back to around 16-20 and snag staley there. Get another 2nd or 3rd+ and get our left tackle of the future.

If we couldnt trade back and were stuck at number 9 there are alot of players I would take before Ginn jr, including even Meachem, Okoye, Branch, Anderson, Brown and even perhaps Staley in a reach.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Detroit really likes Adams, but no way is he higher on their draft board. They love Thomas and he is probably #1 on their board. I haven't heard one person say they love Adams "way more than anybody else"
Old 04-12-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I know Detroit really likes Adams, but no way is he higher on their draft board. They love Thomas and he is probably #1 on their board. I haven't heard one person say they love Adams "way more than anybody else"
Then you haven't done enough reseach. CJ in number on everyone draft boards. Adams is very high (top 3 or 4) on the Lions. Since they already traded for a OT, have enough WRs, and arnt interested in a QB, DE becomes the need. It's called doctoring a draft board to fit your needs, happens all the time in the NFL. That's the reason Russell is considered for number 1 overall, CJ is the best player on the board but according to need, QB is most important so they doctored their draft board. Everything I've read over the past 2 weeks is about how much the Lions love Gaines Adams.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Then you haven't done enough reseach. CJ in number on everyone draft boards. Adams is very high (top 3 or 4) on the Lions. Since they already traded for a OT, have enough WRs, and arnt interested in a QB, DE becomes the need. It's called doctoring a draft board to fit your needs, happens all the time in the NFL. That's the reason Russell is considered for number 1 overall, CJ is the best player on the board but according to need, QB is most important so they doctored their draft board. Everything I've read over the past 2 weeks is about how much the Lions love Gaines Adams.
Yep, traded for a LT, and have alot of cash locked up in a solid Right Tackle. They want a big time playmaker on their defense. Adams fits that perfectly as he is easily the best defensive player in the draft for the NFL currently and Okoye is the most upside defensive player in the draft (perhaps overall). Hey Joey does he remind you alot of Tim Bowens also? Everytime I look at game tape of him, he reminds me soo much of Tim in his rookie year (roy that year :) ).
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Ronnie Brown

This is how I have my top 10 playing out as of right now..

1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (f/DET) - Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
3. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
4. Detroit Lions (f/TB) - Gaines Adams DE Clemson
5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
6. Miami Dolphins (f/WAS) - Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
7. Minnesota Vikings - Laron Landry S LSU
8. Atlanta Falcons (f/HOU) - Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
9. Washington Redskins (f/MIA) - Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas
10. Houston Texans (f/ATL) - Levi Brown OT Penn State

We give up our third to make sure the Vikings don't nab Quinn from us.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Brown View Post
This is how I have my top 10 playing out as of right now..

1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (f/DET) - Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
3. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
4. Detroit Lions (f/TB) - Gaines Adams DE Clemson
5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
6. Miami Dolphins (f/WAS) - Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
7. Minnesota Vikings - Laron Landry S LSU
8. Atlanta Falcons (f/HOU) - Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
9. Washington Redskins (f/MIA) - Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas
10. Houston Texans (f/ATL) - Levi Brown OT Penn State

We give up our third to make sure the Vikings don't nab Quinn from us.
I didn't waste time looking up the trade value chart but I'm pretty sure we'd need to give up more. That scenario looks solid though as most teams seem to be taking players they are targeting.

finsfan, Okoye is too small for my taste. Bowens was a big run stuff, He clogged the middle with his size while Okoye seems to me like he has to muscle his way and use much more effort then Bowens had too. I think Okoye is gonna sturggle more then some people think.