Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 04-29-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Bain and Moore. I like Bruce as well.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Bain should be the 1st guy we go after. Walter Thomas would be a nice pickup. I love Matt Moore. Also wouldn't mind adding Gabe Hall from Texas Tech.

Keyvonius Bouie is a guy that not many people have heard of but hes very productive at local Florida International and was easily the best defensive player (if not the best player) on the team. Even ahead of Antwan Barnes. He's worth a gamble a could be an easy sign since hes from the area.

Nate Harris is worth a shot as well. There's alot of UDFAs that excite me. Bruce could fit in as a nice 3-4 DE. Stanley Doughty is worth a gamble as well. Rhema McKnight is worth a shot too. There's so many guys that have dropped that I would love to bring in as UDFAs and see if a few can make the team. It costs very little to bring these guys into camp so Mueller should go get them.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce projects to OLB not DE in a 3-4.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-29-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Hey I know the Ginn pick is old news, but I'll give my take on it.

I'm a HUGE fan of Ted Ginn Jr., I feel he's going to be a complete stud. He'll be able to contribute in a bunch of different ways, and he will change games. I felt he was a top 10 talent.

BUT, to take him over Brady Quinn was crazy. I had Quinn down as a top 3 talent and the best quarterback in the draft. He would have totally revived the quarterback situation. I was completely shocked. Me and my friend were sitting around saying "Why the hell are they taking so long, we all know it's gonna be Quinn." And then they go for Ted Ginn lol.

Bottom line: Like I said, I think Ginn's gonna be a star, but to pass up a franchise quarterback like Quinn was crazy, especially when your team's quarterback situation is abysmal.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I'm very interested to see the offense next year. If Cameron can get creative and use Ginn and Booker sort of like Bush and Westbrook and Steve Smith are used, it should really be fun to watch. Kinda of like using Reggie Bush as a pure RB would be a mistake, using Ted Ginn as a pure WR would be a mistake. I want some reverses, having Ginn in the backfield, double reverse flea flicker passes. Ginn played QB in high school, he can throw, so can Ronnie Brown and Marty Booker. Ginn certainly intrigues me if nothing else.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-29-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea, My dad and I were talking about how they would use Ginn. They haven't an a REAL EXPLOSIVE player that can make a 90 yd TD play since Ricky. I'd like to see Ginn in reverses, double reverses, and him going down the field for 80 yard bombs. Finally, we get a real, explosive player like Ginn that can get into the endzone whenever he touches the ball.

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Lorenzo Booker while not as talented as Reggie Bush, certainly brings that same kind of dimension to the team. I got to FSU and have seem him play over the past few years and he was far and away the best RB on the team. Better then Leon Washington. He was definately misused in numerous single back sets and many runs up the middle which are not his strong suit. Thats why FSU has been so bad of late. Our OC just did not know what he was doing.

Booker is murder on defenses when he hits the open field. He is a perfect player for screens on 3rd down and he looks good when you split him wide. He will kill teams if he gets mismatched on a LB which is possible when splitting him out and he is solid when running off tackle and bouncing to the outside. He can take it the distance every time he touches the ball.

Ginn needs to be used also on WR screens and reverses. He also has very solid hands and his great speed gets him separation from CBs. Once he gets his route running down, he will be able to create even more space which will make teams double team him. I love adding those new elements to an offense that featured Ronnie Brown throwing a horrible pass on a two point conversion as the only inventive play in the last few years.

I love getting two big, mean players in Soliai and Satele. They are both gamers and while they will not dominate or change a game, they will be solid pros and add toughness to both sides of the line. Both play with a real nasty streak and I love guys like that. And the hair is a plus.

Kelvin Smith is a solid developmental pick and ST player in round 7 and I thought that was solid. Abraham was ok as a DE/OLB hybrid in low round 7. He is a self made player and a hardworker at a position we are very old at. Decent gamble on a guy that tries his best to make something of himself. He could definately turn into a David Bowens for us.

Mormino is ok as a late round developemental OL prospect. I'll never complain about drafting depth along the OL and letting those guys gel with the rest of the OL in case of injury.

Mauia seemed like a real reach but he is another mean player that will hit you in the mouth. Sounds like he loves to block and he's huge at 6 foot 270 pounds. He will likely be on the practice squad for a year or two behind Schlesinger and then take over that role. Cam Cameron loves blocking FBs so I have no problem with them taking a guy in the late round if they feel he can fill that role for them in the future.

Overall, when all is said and done, it was a decent draft. I would have definately gone other directions with some picks but that can be said for just about every team with every fan in the NFL. The Dolphins are definately better today then they were yesterday and I feel alot better about the new dynamic ew have added on offense. It might take awhile for us to get to where we want to be but at least we can see a plan and we will be fun to watch on offense which is something different for us fans.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I remember one Hawaii game Brennan was getting sacked and just dumbed the ball off and the announcer was like "Oh no there's a penalty for illegal touching, he threw it to an offensive lineman." It ended up being Mauia, lol.

I doubt mind OL depth, but I don't like Mormino. There are guys I really liked there like Daren Stone (go youtube him, watch him jump over some cars), Jacob Ford, Ben Patrick. Also guys like Herbert Taylor and John Wendling went after Reagan. I'd much rather have Taylor and Stone than Reagan and Mormino.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-29-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

just saw this.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
Old 04-29-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I remember one Hawaii game Brennan was getting sacked and just dumbed the ball off and the announcer was like "Oh no there's a penalty for illegal touching, he threw it to an offensive lineman." It ended up being Mauia, lol.

I doubt mind OL depth, but I don't like Mormino. There are guys I really liked there like Daren Stone (go youtube him, watch him jump over some cars), Jacob Ford, Ben Patrick. Also guys like Herbert Taylor and John Wendling went after Reagan. I'd much rather have Taylor and Stone than Reagan and Mormino.
I really hated Taylor as a prospect but I know you where high on him. He just seems to lack size and while Mormino is an inch shorter and only about 5 pounds heavier. Mormino seems to be built more stocky and thick like an interior lineman where as Taylor seems to be more lanky and lean. Not to mention, Mormino comes from a school that has put out some pretty solid OL prospects in the NFL the last few years. I'd have rather had Wendling over Reagan but I can't fault them if they felt Reagan was a better fit for the team and in the 6th round in not gonna complain as long as he can come in and contribute for us in the long run.

There were obviously higher rated prospects on the board but it's the 6th round so Im not gonna be picky. I'm not expecting the team to find any Colstons. All I'm looking for is guys that can contribute for us down the line and if they felt Mormino and Mauia were the best guys at those spots then I can't fault them for that. It's not like they took two kickers after signing Feeley. FB and OL are both positions where we could have used some late round help so I'm ok with those picks.

Like I said, there was some picks I would have done differently but theres not really any picks that where just out of left field. There was a definate plan behind the draft and the team definately hit on some big time needs throughout the draft. I'm not in the scouting department so I have no idea what exactly was their thinking on taking one guy over another. My personal choice of prospects is not something I'm going to take into account when evaluating this draft.

Cam knows his offense and Randy is supposed to be one of the best talent evaluators in the NFL. If they think Mormino and Mauia are better then some of the others guys that were on the board then I'll go with it. As long as it looks that they are headed in the right direction and I definately see some semblance of order to this draft and to their thinking that was missing with Wanny and Saban. I have to say if anything I like that and I like getting the sense of feeling that my team knows what they are trying to do and where they are headed because for so long we've had none of that.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Memorex
Rookie

Memorex needs more cowbell.

I broke a TV tray after the 1st round pick. I was so pumped I was getting ready to buy a Quinn jersey and everything. I also don't like the Beck over Edwards pick, Beck is 26 and wont start till he is 27, I just don't see the point in drafting someone so old when they are going to sit a year. I just hope Culpepper can somehow get healthy. If he sits and does not press his knee, I hope he could be back by mid-season. But they will probably release him.

I'm pissed
Old 04-29-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Left tackle Tala Esera agreed to a free-agent deal with the Miami Dolphins.

Marquay Love signed as well.

I seriously think a scout went on vacation to Hawaii instead of really scouting and went to a UH game.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-29-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Left tackle Tala Esera agreed to a free-agent deal with the Miami Dolphins.

Marquay Love signed as well.

I seriously think a scout went on vacation to Hawaii instead of really scouting and went to a UH game.
Solid signings and worth a gamble. Bain signed with Arizona and Moore signed with Dallas. Outside of that, there's still a few talented players out there worth a shot.

I found out the UH link. Mueller has a long time history with their coach (June Jones is his name I believe). They have been friends since the 1980's when Mueller played under him I believe as well. I'll try to find the article where I read all that but there is definately reasons why Mueller drafted those Samaon players and it comes from a well respected coach and solid resource for Mueller.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:04 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

We picked up Bruce and Geoffrey Pope, the 4.29 CB from Hampton.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-30-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The same Hawaii team that lost to FAU seems to have become the Miami Dolphins choice for recruitment.

I think we should sign one to two UDFA QBs to come in and get a look specially till green gets released.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79 View Post
The same Hawaii team that lost to FAU seems to have become the Miami Dolphins choice for recruitment.

I think we should sign one to two UDFA QBs to come in and get a look specially till green gets released.
When did they lost to FAU?

I think I figured it out, we're just getting ready for Colt Brennan next year, that or D Unit took over the Dolphins.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-30-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we took Brennan next year the way things have been going this season. If you gonna pick a school to draft a bunch of players from, shouldn't that school be the Miami Hurricanes? They put out more talent then anyone.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Grig
Rookie

Grig hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, that Hawaii thing was kind of odd, but for now I'll give them the benefit of the doubt due to the Mueller/Jones thing.

Here's to hoping that Reagan becomes an absolute mauler at FB.
Grig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

I'm not saying anything bad about those players I love the Satele pick and the Soliai pick as well. Reagan seemed like a reach but hes a huge guy and I hope he can turn into a solid blocking FB.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Memorex
Rookie

Memorex needs more cowbell.

Lets hope Reagan turns out, we have been looking for a FB ever since Konrad fell through.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

BigBlueCrew56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Cameron and his San Diego ties led him to take a bunch of Hawaii and Somoan players overall. I had money on a ton of Hawaii games this year you know the late nite midnight backout game and these kids played with a real Nasty demeanor. That 360 pound fullback can move and has really lite feet.
BigBlueCrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HpiMUKfSKIQ

Video of Reagan Mauia. His nickname is the Juggernaut which is why he breaks thru the wall kind of funny if you ask me. Guy is an absolute load tho. He is huge and not in a flabby way. Looks like he could be a real nice pickup.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HpiMUKfSKIQ

Video of Reagan Mauia. His nickname is the Juggernaut which is why he breaks thru the wall kind of funny if you ask me. Guy is an absolute load tho. He is huge and not in a flabby way. Looks like he could be a real nice pickup.
Consider yourselves lucky you got him. ***' blew up Anthony Spencer last year. Mauia is like an extra lineman out there, except he wants to embarrass and demolish guys who try to get by him or guys he wants to plow through. He can block like no other and he's a good short yardage runner too. Nasty stiff arm.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Double post a half hour later and then triple after another 9 minutes, how does that even happen?

Anyway, dude's huge.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:41 AM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope this Samoan experiment pans out.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote