Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Out of anyone on the Vikings primed for a breakout season, I would probably have to say that Chad Greenway is most destined. Like some have mentioned, I would not at all be surprised if Sidney Rice has a breakout season either.
I don't know if it'll be this year but Aundrae Allison is going to be a stud for you guys somewhere down the road. If the Vikes just had a QB that could manage the game and distribute the ball to the playmakers they would have a serious chance at a division crown

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Out of anyone on the Vikings primed for a breakout season, I would probably have to say that Chad Greenway is most destined. Like some have mentioned, I would not at all be surprised if Sidney Rice has a breakout season either.
I'll second that...Rice has all the potential in the world! Lets just hope Travaris can get him the ball. Also whats that 1st year DE called for you guys...Brian Robison??? I think he can make an impact.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greenway's breakout season was 07, like we expected it would. He started every game and had over 100 tackles.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just wondering if every single first round pick from the past two years that hasn't "broken out" as yet has been mentioned in this thread. Seems so.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Can we really call 2nd year players breakout players?

This should be 3rd year players and over.
Why can't a player have a breakout season in his 2nd year, or even rookie year for that matter?
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Matt Lineart
Mark Bradley
Tim Crowder
Owen Daniels
Jason Hill
Vernon Davis
Brandon Jones
David Kircus
Moses Quentin
Shaun Mcdonald
Considine Sean

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tarell brown
marshawn lynch
daymeion hughes
manny lawson
vernon davis
jarrad page
stewart bradley
calvin johnson
ted ginn
sidney rice
jay moore
michael bush
nikkayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul Posluszny will lead the league in tackles.
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
Paul Posluszny will lead the league in tackles.
Could end up being a two man race for that honor with the other elite LB from the '07 draft. No need to even say his name.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just hoping Vilma returns to form and is near the top in tackles. That would be awesome!

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just getting a full season and leadership from the MIKE spot will be a huge improvement for the Saints...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Greenway's breakout season was 07, like we expected it would. He started every game and had over 100 tackles.
Are you kidding me? Starting every game and having over 100 tackles doesn't necessarily mean he had a breakout year. Greenway's play last year was in no way breakout worthy, though I expect it to be this year with another year in the defense and a hopefully further solidified defense.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Reminds me when everyone was clamoring about Anthony Henry's 10 interceptions or whatever a couple years ago. Interceptions don't tell the whole story. Heck, Deltha O'Neal one year had 8 and made the Pro Bowl because of it, although he didn't deserve it.
Basing a DB only on interceptions can be misleading.
I'm not basing it solely on int numbers. Interceptions can be misleading, but that is more true when talking about CB's. CB's can rack up ints if they get thrown at a lot, but it is kind of difficult to throw at a SS. He was also a regular on the list of players who got snubbed. I watched every Rams game last year, he is the real deal. The future will show it. The Probowl isn't that big of a deal though, everyone knows its just a popularity contest, so basically Roy Williams will make the Probowl every year even though he is atrocious in coverage because he is on the Cowboys. I'm not trying to start an argument about Williams, but most people who know football know Williams is just an above average safety.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cromartie had a ridiculous number of balls bounce perfectly his way in 07. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with him in 08.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
Are you kidding me? Starting every game and having over 100 tackles doesn't necessarily mean he had a breakout year. Greenway's play last year was in no way breakout worthy, though I expect it to be this year with another year in the defense and a hopefully further solidified defense.
Compared to his previous year, and the team involved, that's the definition of a breakout.

Seems you're looking for the breakout of a star player type of deal ...
Old 03-13-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Could end up being a two man race for that honor with the other elite LB from the '07 draft. No need to even say his name.
Yeah, David Harris is pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Yeah, David Harris is pretty awesome.
Forgot about him but no although he's another stud I wouldn't bet on it.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Compared to his previous year, and the team involved, that's the definition of a breakout.

Seems you're looking for the breakout of a star player type of deal ...
Well that's not too hard considering he was out his entire rookie season with a torn ACL.
And yeah, I thought that was the point of this thread.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin
Vernon Davis
Manny Lawson
Michael Turner (hopefully)
Jamaal Anderson (hopefully)
Broderick Bunkley
Old 03-13-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jonathan Babineaux on the Falcons.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breakout players...in picture!

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:30 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be awfully hard for Brady Quinn to breakout while he's riding the pine.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:42 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think Anderson will blow it, allowing Quinn to step in

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:55 AM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.

I don't even think Smith will start.

gdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:00 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdamac View Post
I don't even think Smith will start.
Make or break year with Martz there now so they will give him more than ample opportunities to succeed. It's now or never.