Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 03-12-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who is the next "it" school?

These sort of things seem to go in cycles, and even if USC seems to be untouchable in this department, the same was said at the beginning of the decade about Miami, and Oklahoma. With that being said, who do you think will be the next "it" school for high school recruits to fawn over?
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wisconsin! I would like to think one day...

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, its never going to happen...there just is the talent place to recruit from in the MN/WI area where Wisconsin leans so heavily on. We'll always be the corn fed country boys that play old school football. That doesn't get the top level recruits unless they're OL and maybe a RB once in awhile.

I think a team that has a great chance is Alabama. With Saban recruiting, in the heart of high school football country, it only makes sense to me.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UCLA maybe? It will hard to compete with USC but it could happen one day... maybe

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can say Clemson could be a good contender. The more they steal Florida players the better.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

west virginia

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Clemson is pulling in some great recruits. I've even noticed quite a few top '09 recruits listing Clemson high on their list. If they can lock up the Carolinas and start poaching more and more Florida recruits, they could be up there pretty soon.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
west virginia
Is your homerism more of a joke now? I mean, I agree that West Virginia is a good program, but you honestly give West Virginia as your answer to basically every question...
Old 03-13-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

my homerism would say Louisville. but honestly. i think Pitt is one year and one good coach away from being that next "it" program. they have way too many good players on that team to be that bad.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
my homerism would say Louisville. but honestly. i think Pitt is one year and one good coach away from being that next "it" program. they have way too many good players on that team to be that bad.

thats the problem, although i would say 2 coaches need to go:

cavanaugh (oc) and wanny

wanny has done anything in 3 years, and cavanaugh hasnt done anything in the pros or in college

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

but to me they are the new it school. i think this will be wanny's last year. then they are going to clean house. and who ever they get as the new coach will have the easiest job to get to a good bowl game. because that team should be killing people
Old 03-13-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

Quote:
but to me they are the new it school. i think this will be wanny's last year. then they are going to clean house. and who ever they get as the new coach will have the easiest job to get to a good bowl game. because that team should be killing people
i agree if he doesnt win at least 8 he should be gone

but, their ad is pederson; the same guy that resigned at nebraska; he hired callahan (i think) or at least helped with the demise of nebraska football

so, its not like hes that much better

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

they should just clear house. get rid of them all. i think if wanny doesnt win more than 9 games he is a failure this year. that team just has way too much talent. i mean he did have Flacco and look at him now. wanny must be kicking himself, cause he chose Palko over him.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

Quote:
they should just clear house. get rid of them all. i think if wanny doesnt win more than 9 games he is a failure this year. that team just has way too much talent. i mean he did have Flacco and look at him now. wanny must be kicking himself, cause he chose Palko over him.
they also went to a bcs game the year before (although they were a 7-5 team)

he changed the offense system and palko got worse his remaining 2 years

they still dont have a qb

honestly, the wvu game probably saved his job; hes lost games he never should have; like his 1st year vs ohio, vs nebraska; vs navy this year

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

Tino Surini(sp?) is sapposed to be rather good i think he was a elite 11 qb. he is a moble QB, with a good arm
Old 03-13-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Illinois... I dont see anyone who can match up to their talent in the upcoming years... sure the loss of Rashard Mendenhall hurts but theyre stacking up again
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

Wisconsin... nuff said. the team they are building up there is rather good. and they have had solid classes for the last couple of years.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Michigan State.

Dont believe me look at their 09 class already.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My top three candidates for the next "IT" school would easily be UCLA, Alabama and Clemson in no particular order. It is certainly evident by the recruiting classes these schools seem to be pulling in recently.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
Illinois... I dont see anyone who can match up to their talent in the upcoming years... sure the loss of Rashard Mendenhall hurts but theyre stacking up again

I'm glad somebody realizes...Illinois has blended some underrecruited gems with top recruited superstars and now is on the VERY fast track to a NC in the next couple of years. The talent evaluation of the staff is great, among the best in the country...watch how Illinois is about to blow up. People are really going to be scratching their heads...
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
So no team in the nation has been recruiting top talent? Is that what you're claiming?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

I dont know if you can call Alabama or UCLA "it" schools of the future. Id say they already are. They got top recruits, especially Alabama. Year in and year out. Even with Mike Schula they did.

I think Illinois for sure, they will probably be the biggest name to grow.
A couplr of sleepers, one way out, but still, are Boise State. Their classes are getting better no doubt, and with several more great season like the past couple, long with Chris Peterson, they should be out of the WAC soon, imo. Also UB...Yep Buffalo. Not saying right now, but give them several years, and I think they are going somewhere. Turner Gill has already made a huge impact with recruits. Like I said (and I'll prob get blasted for it), but i nthe future, I expect them to.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
I dont know if you can call Alabama or UCLA "it" schools of the future. Id say they already are. They got top recruits, especially Alabama. Year in and year out. Even with Mike Schula they did.

I think Illinois for sure, they will probably be the biggest name to grow.
A couplr of sleepers, one way out, but still, are Boise State. Their classes are getting better no doubt, and with several more great season like the past couple, long with Chris Peterson, they should be out of the WAC soon, imo. Also UB...Yep Buffalo. Not saying right now, but give them several years, and I think they are going somewhere. Turner Gill has already made a huge impact with recruits. Like I said (and I'll prob get blasted for it), but i nthe future, I expect them to.
Yes, but this thread has more to do with the next national powerhouse I believe where all the recruits wanna go like USC in college FB and UNC in college BB.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
So no team in the nation has been recruiting top talent? Is that what you're claiming?
i'm pretty sure he's not counting the schools that are already in the upper echelon of the NCAA... teams like USC, OSU, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Texas, etc...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe any school that is in the top 10 in recruiting year in and year out is an "IT" school. Not just USC.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote