Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 02-25-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Gallery moving to RT

Schefter is reporting on NFLN that Gallery will be shifting back to RT. Sims will go back to LT.

Discuss..
Old 02-25-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

RaiderLifer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sims was serviceable at LT and that is more than I can say for Gallery. I still have nightmares about Rice making him look like a turnstile in the SB. Fine for the short term but we need to make a trade or draft the future.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

hmmmm.....dont know what to think really.we'll see if hes correct.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderLifer View Post
Sims was serviceable at LT and that is more than I can say for Gallery. I still have nightmares about Rice making him look like a turnstile in the SB. Fine for the short term but we need to make a trade or draft the future.
Making Sims look like a turnstile? Because Gallery was like a sophmore in college during that game.

Joe Staley at 33. Make it happen.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i thought sims was retiring? disapointed that gallery doesnt get to start out at LT. i think we got OT now in the 4th or 5th and kalil or olsen in the 2nd

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

mcquistan will eventually be moved to his natural position at tackle.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Making Sims look like a turnstile? Because Gallery was like a sophmore in college during that game.

Joe Staley at 33. Make it happen.

No, Simeon made Barry Sims look like a turnstile in the superbowl.
This is a good move because Gallery actaully had his best season as a pro at RT and he should be decent there. Hopefully he makes some huge strides.
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerbunny View Post
No, Simeon made Barry Sims look like a turnstile in the superbowl.
This is a good move because Gallery actaully had his best season as a pro at RT and he should be decent there. Hopefully he makes some huge strides.
I meant Sims. Poorly formed paragraph.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sims isn't the biggest lineman in the world (6-5 300lbs) so if we are switching to a ZBS then I think he should work out alright at LT. Anything is better than last season.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
wesbun27

Sims was a very good LT. and Gallery was at his best at RT
Old 02-25-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dunno, this is horrible if you ask me. We really blew it with Gallery and have ourselves to blame. Gallery was a LT in college, that was his natural position. We have start him at RT, have him play there for a year and a half, then we move him over to LT, and now we're gonna move him back to RT? Also, we will be asking him to learn his third blocking scheme in 3 years. No wonder he's struggling. No wonder our whole O-line is struggling. Nevertheless, Im really liking the Joe Staley pick at 33. He can play LT and hes perfect for the ZBS. Sims is servicable at LT and a lot better than he is at OG. I wouldnt mind Sims getting cut honestly.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

this kinda solves the puzzle.if we are gonna go Oline we will most likely go C.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
??? what does gallery getting moved to rt have to do with drafting a center?

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
No, I think it will be a LT.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Gallery is at RT, Sims at LT, C would be the next place to address with Grove struggling. Maybe draft Kalil and move Grove to guard.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
If Gallery is at RT, Sims at LT, C would be the next place to address with Grove struggling. Maybe draft Kalil and move Grove to guard.
I'm with Paranoid, and would like Staley at 33.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

I think Kiffin may be more inclined to go with Kalil in the 2nd just because he coached him and he fits well in the ZBS.But it depends what him and Cable think of Grove obviously.Staley would be a good pick though.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it all depends on what they place greater importance on, how sure they are of Sims, and how much Kiffin likes Kalil.

I tend to think that LT is more important than C (both are very important), so I go with Staley. This draft is also kinda short on good LT prospect, while you can usually get a pretty good ZBS center later on.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ill take Kalil or Staley at 33 overall. Both would be great fits and fill needs. I personally like Staley more b/c he is a LT which is more important than C, but either one would work and I strongly believe we will pick one of the 2 with our 2nd rounder.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I think it all depends on what they place greater importance on, how sure they are of Sims, and how much Kiffin likes Kalil.

I tend to think that LT is more important than C (both are very important), so I go with Staley. This draft is also kinda short on good LT prospect, while you can usually get a pretty good ZBS center later on.
Couldn't agree more I think we can get a better ZBS C prospect in the 3-7th than we can a LT prospect.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sims better not be our lt

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We need to keep Gallery at one place, this better be the last place.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote