Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-25-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Next years top 5-10 overall players

I know it's early but this just for fun, so guess the top 5-10 players of next year and predict which scholl they'll be at.Im still learning about the class so mine may seem a little odd.

1.)Terrell Pryor,Ohio State
2.)A.J. Green, Georgia
3.)T.J. Bryant, Florida
4.)Darrell Scott, Michigan
5.)Will Hill, Michigan

Last edited by elway777 : 02-25-2007 at 06:32 PM.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pryor, Bradham, Good, Scott, AJ Green
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The number one linebacker is going to be Arthur Brown. He should contend for top 5 honors.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
The number one linebacker is going to be Arthur Brown. He should contend for top 5 honors.
Yeah I just started hearing about him, like I said before I don't know much about this class.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Boubicar Cissoko (sp?)
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

AJ Green USC
Will Hill Florida
Arthur Brown Oklahoma
Julio Jones Alabama
Nigel Bradham Florida State
Darrell Scott Michigan

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm liking that you think Michigan is getting Scott and Hill. 8)
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by moc182 View Post
AJ Green USC
<3

Do you know something I don't?

And PL Scott is actually a michigan lean at this point according to his coach, the others schools are said to be SC(if he wants to play D) and
UCLA(Dorrell is a terrible recruiter).

That Will Hill prediction is just based on whats going on around other boards.And im not concerned with the flaming florida homers who think they already have him.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be a huge get for us if we got Scott especially if he committs early like he might.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

I would have to say my Top 10 list in no order is:
AJ Green
Terrelle Pryor
Nigel Bradham
Arthur Brown
Darrell Scott
Will Hill
TJ Bryant
Julio Jones
Mike Adams
Stephen Good
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

that is a extremely realistic top 10 i would say.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Terrell Pryor
2. Aj Green
3. Will Hill
4. Darrell Scott
5. Julio Jones

Thats a pretty good top 5...
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
leftwich7
Rookie

leftwich7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post
1. Terrell Pryor
2. Aj Green
3. Will Hill
4. Darrell Scott
5. Julio Jones

Thats a pretty good top 5...
Is Pryor going to go both ways or stick to football?

big ups to Sf49ers1121
leftwich7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

For the rest of the spots 5-10, I'll throw in my 5, then a top 20 of guys who will be competing for those spots 5-10.

My top 10....

1. Terrell Pryor
2. Aj Green
3. Will Hill
4. Darrell Scott
5. Julio Jones
6. Mike Brewster
7. Daquan Bowers
8. Arthur Brown
9. Dj Shoemate
10. Tj Bryant

The rest of the top 20....

11. Mike Adams
12. Boubacar Cissoko
13. J.B Shugarts
14. Darrius Barksdale
15. Vinston Painter
16. Micheal Floyd
17. Shayne Hale
18. Sam Mcguffie
19. Jonathan Baldwin
20. Devoe Torrence
Old 02-26-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

Is Pryor going to go both ways or stick to football?

He wants to play both sports in college. However, thats usually just a pipe dream for most kids once they realize how much work it is to play 2 collegiate sports. Either way, he's a top 3 prospect in football, and a blue chip basketball recruit as well.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

gstock decent list, but shugarts isn't top 20 preseason, and shoemate won't be either. Also McGuffie isn't even the best back in Texas, Calhoun is, and is the best back out of Texas since AP. Also Adalius Johnson is way better than Baldwin.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McGuffie probably won't even be a 5-star from things I've heard. I've also heard that he is 3rd best back in his own state. Not sure about him being a top 20 player.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

First off, shoemate was offered by USC as a sophomore. USC offering a sophomore wide receiver says enough for me. I agree, scout and rivals wont rate him as high however due to him being injured last season, but he should be up there.

Shugarts might not be top 20, but I definitely think he should be. No reason to think he can't be top 20, he's absolutely dominated, but I agree he might not deserve top 20 recognition.

Some experts may not say McGuffie is the best runningback in Texas, but he's a freak athlete, and absolutely dominated the best competition in Texas. You don't run for 3000 + yards in the top ranked Houston area division without being a special talent. Then when you watch his highlight reels and look at his measurables (4.3ish 40 yard dash, 45 inch vertical) you see a reggie bush/maurice drew type athlete. I think he's a hybrid between Reggie and Maurice. Not sure if he'll be a runningback, but he'll be a very explosive and special player, but thats just my opinion.

And FWIW, I'm not trying to predict what Rivals or Scout will make their predictions, these are my own opinions from reading stuff, and watching stuff.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=moc182;164291]AJ Green USC
QUOTE]

Didn't AJ Green already commit to UGA?

1. Terell Pryor(QB)-West Virginia
2. AJ Green(WR)-UGA
3. British Footman(HB)-FSU
4. David Posluszny(LB)-ND
5. Aldarius Johnson(WR)-FSU
Old 02-26-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

boubacar cissoko!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

Him and T.J. Bryant should be battling it out for the top corner position.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
<3

Do you know something I don't?

And PL Scott is actually a michigan lean at this point according to his coach, the others schools are said to be SC(if he wants to play D) and
UCLA(Dorrell is a terrible recruiter).

That Will Hill prediction is just based on whats going on around other boards.And im not concerned with the flaming florida homers who think they already have him.

He's already wavered in his commitment, and said he's now considering SC, ND, and one or two others. Just seems like an SC guy in the end.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Trust me Pete will be throwing every thing at A.J. to try to get him to S.C.(And plz no money jokes)

Moc do you have any info on T.J. Bryant? I really like this kid.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
snuff

Actually AJ came out and said all the rumors of his wavering are false and hes UGA all the way!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Trust me Pete will be throwing every thing at A.J. to try to get him to S.C.(And plz no money jokes)

Moc do you have any info on T.J. Bryant? I really like this kid.
Yea he's a a hell of a player, ND actually just offered him like 2 days ago. Not really sure where he's leaning though, I'd guess one of the Florida schools or out there.

Quote: