Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-13-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kevin Jones

The Lions cut Kevin Jones today. He might be worth a look.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3291948

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I see a couple of large implications from that article:

1. The Lions, having missed out on Julius Jones and Michael Turner are now in a prime position to take either Rashard Mendenhall or Jonathan Stewart.

2. In the next paragraph, Chris Brown has been signed by the Titans to serve in a complementary role. In my mind, this largely takes them out of the running back market (mostly because they have other, larger needs to fill) for the draft. I would look for them to address left tackle with Charles Spencer's career in doubt or cornerback with the 18th pick.

3. The Ravens signing of Frank Walker indicates that they may not be looking to the draft for a third corner, which MAY cause the top corner in the draft (McKelvin in my opinion) to slip a couple more picks. The Ravens may still address the position, but I'd look for it to be in the early 2nd or 3rd rounds with the good depth this season.

What does this add up to? For the Cowboys, as far as running backs go, I wouldn't expect to see any back slip further now than before...although I am now at least 90% sure that Mendenhall will NOT be available when we pick (for my part, I say that if he's your guy, go get him). Regarding cornerbacks, I think this increases the possibility that one of the top three slip to the Boys (most likely being Jenkins at this point), but not by an overwhelming amount.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we had slight interest in Tatum Bell, and its any truth to it, im 100% sure we will want to talk to Kevin Jones and check his health, he has a great balance of speed and power and ive already said a few times I would have no problem with bringing him in...

Everyone has kind of brushed him off but he has alot of potential to be a great back, and with the weapons around him here as well as splitting carries I like that idea, that gives us more wiggle room in the draft as far as needs...So id be fine with it, if it was a decent contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 03-14-2008 at 01:01 AM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he comes cheap bring it on.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:33 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This could be interesting. I want to see what he can do with a real line in front of him. I wouldn't mind it for the right price.

Last edited by Paul : 03-14-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Monarchman

i would love this. he should come cheap, is a good reciever and taking fewer carries could help with health issues
Old 03-14-2008, 05:17 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
I see a couple of large implications from that article:

1. The Lions, having missed out on Julius Jones and Michael Turner are now in a prime position to take either Rashard Mendenhall or Jonathan Stewart.

2. In the next paragraph, Chris Brown has been signed by the Titans to serve in a complementary role. In my mind, this largely takes them out of the running back market (mostly because they have other, larger needs to fill) for the draft. I would look for them to address left tackle with Charles Spencer's career in doubt or cornerback with the 18th pick.

3. The Ravens signing of Frank Walker indicates that they may not be looking to the draft for a third corner, which MAY cause the top corner in the draft (McKelvin in my opinion) to slip a couple more picks. The Ravens may still address the position, but I'd look for it to be in the early 2nd or 3rd rounds with the good depth this season.

What does this add up to? For the Cowboys, as far as running backs go, I wouldn't expect to see any back slip further now than before...although I am now at least 90% sure that Mendenhall will NOT be available when we pick (for my part, I say that if he's your guy, go get him). Regarding cornerbacks, I think this increases the possibility that one of the top three slip to the Boys (most likely being Jenkins at this point), but not by an overwhelming amount.
props on your state of mind because this is the first thing i thought of when i saw those moves being made. detroit's bigger need now is gonna be
to find a number one running back, so im crossing my fingers that they take mendenhall instead of a corner. since there is a lot of depth
at OT, we might have found our dance partner with the texans as far as moving up if DRC and or Jenkins happen to be there at 18.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:54 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

If we could sign him to a Hamlin-type 1-yr deal, let's do it. We really need three RBs, and there's no guarantee that any rookie will get will be a good enough blocker that we can trust him right off.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the money is right, it's a great signing.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:34 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if he can stay healthy the guy would be a nice addition
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who else would be in the market for Kevin Jones? I'd like to see us bring him on board for a small one year deal and then also get a speedy back in the first two rounds. I'm starting to warm up to Felix Jones a bit. Originally I wasn't a fan, but it's starting go sink in a little bit.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote