Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 04-11-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dumping Pendergast after he built the defense that got them to the playoffs was just pure bush, the playoffs are a place that has been Terra Incognita for this franchise for decades.

Almost as bush as screwing the assts. out of their bonuses. And they wonder why players or coaches don't want to be on a Bidwell payroll......
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Dumping Pendergast after he built the defense that got them to the playoffs was just pure bush, the playoffs are a place that has been Terra Incognita for this franchise for decades.

Almost as bush as screwing the assts. out of their bonuses. And they wonder why players or coaches don't want to be on a Bidwell payroll......

the defense most certainly didnt get us to the playoffs, pendergast was holding this team back everyone knew it, KC didn't even want to give him the DC job until they couldn't find a better option

go troll else where

Last edited by fenikz : 04-13-2009 at 02:13 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

here is my way too early and optimistic season record

SF @ ARI W
ARI @ JAC W
IND @ ARI L
HOU @ ARI W
ARI @ SEA W
ARI @ NYG L
CAR @ ARI W
ARI @ CHI W
SEA @ ARI W
ARI @ STL W
ARI @ TEN L
MIN @ ARI L
ARI @ SF W
ARI @ DET W
STL @ ARI W
GB @ ARI W

12-4

6-0 in the division again

Old 04-22-2009, 06:35 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

http://azcardinals.com/blog/post.php?author=1&id=1887

Quote:
GM Rod Graves just said while "quite a few teams" have called about WR Anquan Boldin, the Cards have not received any offers for him yet. "Anything can evolve" as the draft approaches
Seems like a smoke screen to try driving his price down, imo

Old 04-27-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

help my team in the irc survivor thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDsb6A48WxY

click the link and pass it on

Old 04-27-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we were in an easy division like you guys. Our schedule is so much harder, ****.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I wish we were in an easy division like you guys. Our schedule is so much harder, ****.
I don't expect it to be that easy this year. I see the Seahawks having a bounce-back year somewhat, probably finishing around .500. 49ers gave us a lot of trouble last year, and it wouldn't surprise me if they finish at or above .500 either.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Edge, Laboy and Hood cut

Quote:
The Cardinals finally released Edgerrin James Tuesday. But he wasn’t the only veteran caught in the wake of draft-related decisions.
In addition to James’ dismissal, the Cards also cut cornerback Rod Hood and defensive end/linebacker Travis LaBoy. All three spent most of the 2008 season as starters.

According to the NFL Players Association, James had been scheduled to make $5 million in salary, LaBoy $2 million and Hood $3 million. The trio will leave a total of about $8.5 million in pro-rated bonus money against the salary cap, putting the salary cap savings at approximately $6 million.
http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2992

Last edited by fenikz : 04-28-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laboy is a surprise
Old 04-28-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LaBoy and Hood are both surprises to me. I didn't LaBoy did that bad of a job at OLB in the 3-4 and provided some pass rush. I would've cut Okeafor before LaBoy. Hood was the #3 corner on the roster IMO, surprised he was cut too. Something else must be going on with these two. Either that or they are freeing up cap room to re-sign somebody big (Boldin, Dansby, Wilson, Dockett). Even with that, I don't know if I would've cut both of them.

BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
LaBoy and Hood are both surprises to me. I didn't LaBoy did that bad of a job at OLB in the 3-4 and provided some pass rush. I would've cut Okeafor before LaBoy. Hood was the #3 corner on the roster IMO, surprised he was cut too. Something else must be going on with these two. Either that or they are freeing up cap room to re-sign somebody big (Boldin, Dansby, Wilson, Dockett). Even with that, I don't know if I would've cut both of them.
Well I know the coaches like Ralph Brown and I'd expect to continue seeing a lot of the nickle safety packages with Rashad Johnson now. I don't think Chike is safe yet if he doesn't renegotiate I believe he will still be a cap casualty. I'm really excited about Toler, seems everyone who has seen him play thinks he is a huge steal and actually has more upside than DRC

defense looks something like this now

RDE Darnell Dockett / Keilen Dykes / Rodney Leisle
NT Gabe Watson / Bryan Robinson / Alan Branch / Jason Banks
LDE Calais Campbell / Kenny Iwebema / Alan Branch
SLB Chike Okeafor / Cody Brown
ILB Karlos Dansby / Pago Togafau / Ali Highsmith
ILB Gerald Hayes / Clark Haggans
WLB Bertrand Berry / Will Davis / Chris Harrington
CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie / Ralph Brown
FS Antrel Rolle / Rashad Johnson
SS Adrian Wilson / Kieth Lewis / Aaron Fransisco
CB Bryant McFadden / Greg Toler

Rookies in italics
Whisenhunt guys Red

Old 04-28-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
Well I know the coaches like Ralph Brown and I'd expect to continue seeing a lot of the nickle safety packages with Rashad Johnson now. I don't think Chike is safe yet if he doesn't renegotiate I believe he will still be a cap casualty. I'm really excited about Toler, seems everyone who has seen him play thinks he is a huge steal and actually has more upside than DRC

defense looks something like this now

RDE Darnell Dockett / Keilen Dykes / Rodney Leisle
NT Gabe Watson / Bryan Robinson / Alan Branch / Jason Banks
LDE Calais Campbell / Kenny Iwebema / Alan Branch
SLB Chike Okeafor / Cody Brown
ILB Karlos Dansby / Pago Togafau / Ali Highsmith
ILB Gerald Hayes / Clark Haggans
WLB Bertrand Berry / Will Davis / Chris Harrington
CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie / Ralph Brown
FS Antrel Rolle / Rashad Johnson
SS Adrian Wilson / Kieth Lewis / Aaron Fransisco
CB Bryant McFadden / Greg Toler

Rookies in italics
Whisenhunt guys Red
Yeah, Brown really stepped up his play in the playoffs while Hood was getting burnt a lot. I too would expect to see more of the nickel safety packages, with Rolle and Brown getting more play time there and maybe inserting Johnson at FS if Rolle is at nickel. Chike is pretty much safe. If he is cut the Cards are short at OLB and I don't think Cody Brown is ready to start yet.

Yeah, I've been reading up a lot on Toler and the consensus seems to be that he was a steal in the 4th and has a lot of potential. I'm sure he won't be ready for maybe a couple years, but I am interested to see how he turns out.

I thought Robinson played DE in the 3-4? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember seeing him at NT. I am really excited for Calais Campbell this year. I think he will break out and have a huge year. NT depth is weak, I would like to see one drafted next year or brought in via FA/trade. If Dansby doesn't get a contract extension soon and bolts away to FA, the Cards will have a gaping hole at ILB. Might be time to start looking towards the future there as well.

Anyway, I trust Whis on these cuts. I think we've seen that Whis only wants players that fit his scheme, and so far it has worked out pretty well.

BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2009, 01:56 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
I thought Robinson played DE in the 3-4? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember seeing him at NT. I am really excited for Calais Campbell this year. I think he will break out and have a huge year. NT depth is weak, I would like to see one drafted next year or brought in via FA/trade. If Dansby doesn't get a contract extension soon and bolts away to FA, the Cards will have a gaping hole at ILB. Might be time to start looking towards the future there as well.

Anyway, I trust Whis on these cuts. I think we've seen that Whis only wants players that fit his scheme, and so far it has worked out pretty well.
When Watson was hurt Robinson was playing NT

I agree that we still have holes to fill in the 3-4 could very easily see us take a DE, NT, ILB, and OLB next year

Old 05-03-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

News on Dansby:

Quote:
Instead, Dansby had what coach Ken Whisenhunt called a “miscommunication” with the team. He showed up late and had to get some blood work done before he was allowed to practice. He insisted holding out was never on his mind.

“No man, I am bigger than that,” Dansby said. “I can’t let nothing hold me back right now from me being with the team and making things work.”

Dansby is already guaranteed a salary of $9.7 million this season if he doesn’t get a contract extension.
http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2999

This one has a lot of talk about Boldin, Dockett, Dansby extensions:

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2996

BoneKrusher
Old 05-04-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

http://www.nfl.com/videos/arizona-ca...e-Beanie-Wells

Old 05-04-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. I am really excited to see what he can do this year.

BoneKrusher
Old 05-07-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Ray Garvin. Dude looks like a beast.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

Michael Ray Garvin. Dude looks like a beast.
Sure looks like he weighs more than 190ish, but yeah, he looks pretty beast. I am excited to see if he makes the team as a return man to spare Breaston since he's turned into a pretty good receiver.

BoneKrusher
Old 05-07-2009, 05:01 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I just shat myself, I 100% expert him and LSH being are main returners next year, Arrington was handling a lot of the KR duties in the playoffs, I wouldn't mind trying Rolle or DRC as our PR either

and Beanie's 1st week in AZ
http://www.azcardinals.com/video_arc...php?PRKey=1041

Last edited by fenikz : 05-07-2009 at 06:39 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
I just shat myself, I 100% expert him and LSH being are main returners next year, Arrington was handling a lot of the KR duties in the playoffs, I wouldn't mind trying Rolle or DRC as our PR either

and Beanie's 1st week in AZ
http://www.azcardinals.com/video_arc...php?PRKey=1041
Yeah, if both of them make the team (which I assume they will) I would rather try them out at KR and save Breaston for WR duties. J.J. really wasn't that good of a returner to me, hopefuly LSH is better than him. I think Rolle returned punts for us before, or maybe he did in college, but yeah I wouldn't mind trying him out at PR either.

BoneKrusher
Old 05-15-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Pretty good article on player weights with S&C coach Lott:

Quote:
Nose tackle Gabe Watson was once about 374 pounds; he plays at 332 now and both Lott and Watson have talked about Watson dropping into the 320s. Running back Tim Hightower was about 235 and shed about 10 or 12 pounds. Anquan Boldin went from around 230 at one point to 218.
http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=3010

BoneKrusher
Old 05-16-2009, 05:05 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

gotta love Lott, Fitz also dropped about 15 pounds last year because of him, he has a great idea where guys should be playing at and how to get them there

Old 05-17-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
gotta love Lott, Fitz also dropped about 15 pounds last year because of him, he has a great idea where guys should be playing at and how to get them there
Yeah, the pictures they had on that article really showed how much Fitz has changed over two years.

Agreed on he knows where players need to play at. I'm interested in seeing where he wants Herman Johnson to be playing at.

BoneKrusher
Old 05-18-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Old 05-18-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ahhah damn larry just took ur shoes and camera.