Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 03-11-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Good move, he actually was much better at LT than I thought he would be. To be honest I prefer him coming back to Gandy even if it is just as a backup.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

same and everything i hear about him is that he is a great presence in the locker room as well as a teacher in practice

now lets hope brandon keith beats him out for starting LT

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:54 AM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Foote decided to go back to the Steelers. Would have liked for us to sign him but can't say I am too disappointed. We signed Paris Lenon instead but I am starting to get on the Brandon Spikes bandwagon. If we could get him in the second that would be great although I wouldn't be upset if we took him in the first.

Weird QB search going on as well. If we do end up with Whitehurst I hope it is for something other than a third. What happened to St Pierre? Maybe it's a case of making sure Leinart knows that he is 'the man' this year without a real threat behind him.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty sure st. pierre is recovering from surgery still

i would hate spikes in the 1st, id put him 5th on my list of ILBs behind, McCalin, Weatherspoon, Washington, Chaney

Old 03-16-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Spikes either. In the 2nd I probably wouldn't mind him, but no way would I use our 1st on him.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
pretty sure st. pierre is recovering from surgery still

i would hate spikes in the 1st, id put him 5th on my list of ILBs behind, McCalin, Weatherspoon, Washington, Chaney
I agree on McClain and Weatherspoon but I think both will be long gone by the time our pick comes round. If either of them happened to fall I would love that pick.

Otherwise I would prefer taking an ILB in the second but I doubt Spikes or Washington fall that far. I like both but of the two I prefer Spikes, although he might be suited for more of the Hayes role in our defense so Washington may be the better fit. Still you're right we shouldn't reach on a guy to fill a need, I had just been watching too much of Spikes junior season highlights :)

Don't know much about Chaney since the college football I get tends to focus on the top teams. Anything you can tell me about his game?

If Porter ends up with the Redskins I can see us going with Hughes though. Even if he signs with us I wouldn't be against adding another pass rusher.

Last edited by Stranger : 03-17-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I'm fine with the Anderson signing, didn't cost us much and he is competition for Leinart. Plus he has never had WRs near as good as ours.

Darnell tweeted this 2 hours
Quote:
I got some Great news #BIRDGANG can't tell yall yet! But when and if it happens I will celebrate at the highest point EVER! 49ers Who? Lol

Old 03-17-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

by highest did he mean smoking drugs?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
by highest did he mean smoking drugs?
He is just excited about us bringing in Jay Feely for a visit ;)
Old 04-02-2010, 03:19 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quite a bit of speculation going on about what our o-line is gonna look like

Let's start with LT, very unlikely that we bring back Mike Gandy and it doesn't seem like we have made any attempts to. So our starting LT is either on the roster in the draft or a free agent. The most likely option is moving Levi Brown to LT and letting Brandon Keith and Jeremy Bridges fight it out for the starting RT spot. Another conceivable option is to simply let Bridges play LT, he did a respectable job last season, certainly nothing amazing but not terrible either.

At LG we have the man who I feel is our best lineman in Reggie Wells, he struggled last season and the coaching staff and front office had enough doubt about him that we signed OG Rex Hadnot. Should both of them preform well and Deuce Lutui struggles then we could shift Wells to RG. If not then let the best man win and we finally have some quality depth.

Center is Siendline's job, Grimm loves him and it will be his 3rd year in a row starting there.

RG is Duece's spot to lose, most likely he retains it but he will have to hold off the loser of the LG spot and Herman Johnson to keep it.

RT is a much more important spot now with Leinart entrenched at QB. Our RT must be able to protect his blind side for him to have any success this season. I'm pulling for Brandon Keith aka Grimm's pet project. A complete physical freak at 6'5 343 and ran sub 5 second 40 at the combine, he fell to the 7th round because of his technique and footwork, if Grimm has fixed this in the 2 years since he was drafted we could see something very special develop over the course of this season.

also just read this quote on a yahoo article about the cardinals
Quote:
Most of the team’s defensive backs were in attendance last week when the club opened up the offseason conditioning program. Strong safety Adrian Wilson(notes), the leader of the group, didn’t have to twist arms to get guys to show up. “If I’m here, they’re here,” Wilson said, smiling, “as you can see.”
gotta love how much respect he is given even from new comer Rhodes

Last edited by fenikz : 04-02-2010 at 04:39 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alan Faneca lands in Arizona

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Faneca agreed to terms on a one-year, $2.5 million deal, which includes a $300,000 signing bonus and a $100,000 workout bonus.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Alan Faneca lands in Arizona

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Faneca agreed to terms on a one-year, $2.5 million deal, which includes a $300,000 signing bonus and a $100,000 workout bonus.
Didn't expect it to be honest but looks like we just pick up the difference of what was left on his Jets contract. He seems like a fairly cheap upgrade at guard (at least in the running game) so I am all for the move.

With this and the Hadnot contract I guess the staff were really down on Wells and he probalby has lost his starting spot. Wonder what happens with the Lutui situation? He still hasn't signed his tender and we have a lot of people who can step into his role.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Unlikely that we cut him so 3 ways this works out. 1 he sits out the entire year, not good for him or us, 2 we trade him, get what ever we can, 3 he signs the tender and competes for the RG spot

according to a cardinals news twitter account(Cardschatter) "More Whiz: Faneca will not be handed a starting job. He must still win a job."

no source

Last edited by fenikz : 04-27-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

I wonder if Hadnot will get a shot at the center job.

I wouldn't mind a line of:

Brown/Faneca/Hadnot/Lutui/Keith

Last edited by Stranger : 04-28-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Cardinals resign Bryan Robinson to a 1 year deal

Always been a good locker room presence and should help Williams develop

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...dinalsrobinson

Old 04-30-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Quote:
“You’re the guy I came back to mentor,” Robinson said to Williams. “You’re the guy that’s going to take my spot — and I want you to do that. I really do. I’m going to help you as much as I can.”
http://blog.azcardinals.com/2010/04/...ass-the-torch/

Sounds like a great guy to have on the team, glad we resigned him.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona opens minicamp with Lutui MIA
Old 05-01-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

he is currently not under contract, very dumb on his part, after the summer is over we can retain him for a mere 300k

Old 05-02-2010, 02:32 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Have you guys seen how much of a monster Watson has turned into? Lott must of had him pumping those weights hard while he was recovering from his knee injury.

boy got some red woods coming out of his sleeves

Old 05-02-2010, 03:04 AM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Yea I saw that photo and was like "that's a big dude", he makes Dockett look small.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:14 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

ya 1st time i saw it i had to make sure that wasn't an 80

makes Brodrick Bunkley's rookie picture look kinda scrawny

Old 05-02-2010, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

I get the feeling that he will step up this year. I thought he was going to break out a couple of years ago and then he had that freak injury, hopefully he is finally recovered from it.

Last edited by Stranger : 05-02-2010 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Feeling more optimistic
Old 05-02-2010, 04:32 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

How great would it be if Watson and Williams both beat out Robinson and he could just be a sort of player/coach

why does the season have to be so far away

Old 05-31-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, just stopping in to say hello. i see there hasn't been a post in this forum for almost a month. :/

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hi sexies:)
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote