Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 11-23-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, we more than likely won't resign him as he will probably want #2 WR type money or at least a chance to prove he can be one

Talks with Dansby are officially underway now

"Formal talks now are under way between the Cardinals and Dansby for a contract extension, general manager Rod Graves said Wednesday.

Until now, Dansby and his agent, Kirk Wood, had said the talks had been infrequent and informal.

“Relaxed” was the phrase Dansby used after Sunday’s game at Cincinnati to describe the Cardinals’ approach to negotiations. Since then the pace has picked up."

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/102513

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After the season is over, I think it might be time to find a new kicker. Rackers has not impressed me at all this season, and this was at least the 2nd FG he's missed that would either tie game or win it.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
After the season is over, I think it might be time to find a new kicker. Rackers has not impressed me at all this season, and this was at least the 2nd FG he's missed that would either tie game or win it.
That's the 7th that I can think of, I was hoping we would get rid of him after costing us 4 games last year but they didn't, as the saying goes the more things change the more they stay the same, we are still the Cardinals and we can't close out games.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else read that Wilson was done for season with achilies tendon. i can't find that article anywhere i read it yesterday. Also with Green out, Rolle goes back to corner. I was kind of hoping that since Wilson is injured, that Rolle might be playing more Saftey. But with Green injured Rolle is going to be playing corner.

any thoughts?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Wilson and Green are both done for the season, which sucks because we have no depth at either of those spots, Celestin basically cost us 21 points against the 49ers, and Rolle went back to his usual form of missing the pick and the guy goes 60 yards for a TD on a simple slant route

We really need Aaron Fransico back he played very well last year in our 3 Safety sets, and the Browns are going to kill us going deep

Old 11-30-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeha, Anderson is just going to lob it to Edwards and Winslow, do we have anyone that is tall as those guys.

I think this is the perfect opertunity to put Rolle at Safety see what he can do.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
yeha, Anderson is just going to lob it to Edwards and Winslow, do we have anyone that is tall as those guys.

I think this is the perfect opertunity to put Rolle at Safety see what he can do.
Who do we start at corner then? Matt Ware or Ralph Brown? Both of them would get destroyed if they are ever 1 on 1 with Edwards or Winslow, which will happen because the Cardinals love to blitz

Old 11-30-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Wilson and Green are both done for the season, which sucks because we have no depth at either of those spots, Celestin basically cost us 21 points against the 49ers, and Rolle went back to his usual form of missing the pick and the guy goes 60 yards for a TD on a simple slant route

We really need Aaron Fransico back he played very well last year in our 3 Safety sets, and the Browns are going to kill us going deep
We are officialy screwed.

BoneKrusher
Old 12-02-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
SteelCityNightmare
Rookie

SteelCityNightmare hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As an avid Steelers fan and Whisenhunt fan, I would like to thank the Arizona Cardinals for jumping out to a 14-0 lead over the Brownies.
SteelCityNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

I can't believe we won that game with both Fitz and Q out. Rod Hood probably had his best game of the year.

BoneKrusher
Old 12-02-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

braylon td god damn
Old 12-02-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I seriously thought the refs were gonna pull some BS and call that pass at the end a completion, The Cardinals are 6-6, its amazing...kinda sad that i'm happy with 6-6

Old 12-02-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

yeah, now we might not get a top 10 pick, i hope we get to 500 at least
Old 12-02-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
yeah, now we might not get a top 10 pick, i hope we get to 500 at least
I think we could realistically finish 8-8, and I would be ecstatic with that. I don't think we have the team to get to the playoffs, much less win a game in the playoffs. Missing Leinart, Wilson, Green, Berry, and others will be too much for us to overcome IF we make the playoffs, which I doubt we will.

BoneKrusher
Old 12-03-2007, 01:43 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

We really need Boldin and Fitz back if we are going to stand a chacne against the Hawks at home next week

Old 12-03-2007, 01:48 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just one question....Do you think Winslow was forced out at the end or no...

;-)

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally feel his momentum was carrying him out. I think he would have been out of bounds either way, but there was obviously contact. It was such a close call that I think the ref might the right decision.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:04 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Of course I'm going to see it as Winslow being out no matter what but it was about as close as it could get, but an amazing effort by him just to get the ball being double covered very closely

I understand what some Brown's fan was saying earlier this year about Anderson not being that great but his receivers just come up with crazy catches, he forced a lot of balls into double and triple coverage, including the 2 picks I think there was about 5 that should of been intercepted

Old 12-03-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

did this on another site, based on this season anwser the following

Team MVP:
Best Player:
Most Improved Player:
Most Worthless Player:
Biggest Offseason Need:

I guess you could do it for offense and defense or just combine em

here are mine

Team MVP: Kurt Warner, he has step it up huge for us this year

Best Player: Larry Fitzgerald, with Quan hurt most of the year he showed us what he could do as the #1 threat

Most Improved Player: Calvin Pace, he is finally at the right position and the coaching has help him immensely

Most Worthless Player: Al Johnson, for the amount of money we are paying him he isn't that much of an improvement if any over our UDRFA Lyle Sendlein

Biggest Offseason Need: 3-4 Pass Rushing OLB, most of the sacks we get are from our front 3/4, Blackstock is looking pretty good and if he can continue to play his way I may switch the need but I think we are giving QB's too much time to find open receivers, if they get hurried and make bad decisions our secondary has proven they can get the pick 6

Old 12-03-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course I'm going to see it as Winslow being out no matter what but it was about as close as it could get, but an amazing effort by him just to get the ball being double covered very closely

I understand what some Brown's fan was saying earlier this year about Anderson not being that great but his receivers just come up with crazy catches, he forced a lot of balls into double and triple coverage, including the 2 picks I think there was about 5 that should of been intercepted
About Winslow, I think he was boardline to be in...Obviously theres no way to tell, but with him getting the right foot in and being hit, I would say it was a force out. Obviously I'm biased though.

Yeah, I've been on the Quinn bandwagon the entire time. Anderson has done quite well until we played you. He just tried to make to many plays. Forced Winslow in the passing game. I remember he threw it no where near Winslow on an out route and the announcer went nuts.

I'm hoping a team takes Anderson away from us [he's an RFA] and give us our first we lost in the Dallas/Quinn trade and more...

Good game though.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Team MVP: Karlos Dansby...the defense would be a lot worse without him here. He's been a beast the entire year: 71 tackles, 4 sacks, 3 INT's, 2 FF.

Best Player: Larry Fitzgerald...guy can catch the ball anywhere, and putting up massive numbers with Kurt Warner as his QB.

Most Improved Player: Darnell Dockett...wasn't on anybody's radar last year, and this year he's been the anchor of the D-Line, always putting pressure on the QB and his efforts have shown up on the stat sheet: 8 sacks for a DT.

Most Worthless Player: Starting? I guess I would have to agree with you on Al Johnson...he has not impressed me at all.

Biggest Offseason Need: Either 3-4 OLB or CB. I think it winds up with who is the better value pick when we pick. While I think 3-4 OLB is a bigger need, we still need a shutdown CB on this team. Not to mention our secondary has been injured often this year.

BoneKrusher
Old 12-04-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

MVP indeed. Dang Karlos Dansby is certainly going to get paid this offseason, either that or franchised...

So does Pace get resigned since he is the most improved?
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

The game this week basically makes or breaks our chance of getting into the playoffs, well i mean we could still get in but with the Vikings rolling it could be tough

just wondering if we both end up with the same record who gets in?

Old 12-07-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
The game this week basically makes or breaks our chance of getting into the playoffs, well i mean we could still get in but with the Vikings rolling it could be tough

just wondering if we both end up with the same record who gets in?
If it's based off strength of schedule, Minnesota.

BoneKrusher
Old 12-08-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Does anybody know if Fitz or Q will play Sunday? Not going to be easy to beat Seattle if both of them are out.

BoneKrusher