Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-25-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default '07 Draft Thread

Discuss any draft plans or needs or anything involving the Cowboys Draft.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Dave hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If they took Aaron Ross I wouldn't be surprised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I think that may end up being the pick if he has a good combine

Old 02-25-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once again, I say that we should be agressive in FA, grab Steinbach or Dockery and Ken Hamlin and then go WR in the first.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Smile

Quote:
I want Ross, unless Hall is still there of course
Old 02-25-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Once again, I say that we should be agressive in FA, grab Steinbach or Dockery and Ken Hamlin and then go WR in the first.
I agree. It would be hard to get top name Fa's with us needing to resign columbo and pick up bonuses on players
Old 02-25-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076 View Post
I want Ross, unless Hall is still there of course
I would rather have houston or hall instead of ross. i am not saying ross is bad though. i watched houston shut Dwayne Jarrett down though and i was shocked...anyone else see him at the combine he is ripped! and was 5-10 188
Old 02-25-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

I feel as though Ross is more of a complete player at corner than basically any other corner in the draft at this point, regardless of his combine. I feel that there will also be absolutely no pick that we could make in Round 1 for a WR that wouldn't be viewed as a reach, it's just realistically not gonna happen.
Quote:
Old 02-25-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Question

Quote:
I feel as though Ross is more of a complete player at corner than basically any other corner in the draft at this point, regardless of his combine. I feel that there will also be absolutely no pick that we could make in Round 1 for a WR that wouldn't be viewed as a reach, it's just realistically not gonna happen.
What are you talking about!? Dwayne Bowe, Dwayne Jarrett, Robert Meachem all would not be reaches. i feel as if we go corner but you can't honestly say those guys are a reach at 22.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Quote:
I don't see how he could be more complete either...he had 1 good year and is 25...he is fully matured and that helps...houston, hall, revis are all really good cover corners
Old 02-25-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmock View Post
What are you talking about!? Dwayne Bowe, Dwayne Jarrett, Robert Meachem all would not be reaches. i feel as if we go corner but you can't honestly say those guys are a reach at 22.
I don't think any of those guys will honestly be there. Possibly Meachem.
Quote:
Old 02-25-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

My Big Board for top picks for 22 is like this (Only guys likely to be there)

1. Leon Hall
2. Robert Meachem
3. Aaron Ross

You all forget that we run the 3-4 and Chris Houston would be nothing more then a nickle guy in our D

In the 3-4 you have ot have taller Corners who are more physical(Or the good 3-4 teams do and so do we lately)

Old 02-25-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If and once again I say if... The Hawks let Hamlin go... He is gonna want near top dollar, he's coming off of another big year. Heard the 49ers are interested, we dont have the money to get into a bidding war with them, especially for a 2nd/3rd tier safety. That being said I do like em. (insert smiley face)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Aaron Ross > Leon Hall
Quote:
Old 02-25-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
jivixzoner

Aaron Ross is a second rounder not a first.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aaron Ross > Leon Hall
Agreed. I like the length and play of ross much more then Hall. Plus a he's a decent kick returner.

But I'm still not sold on the idea of CB in the 1st. Maybe it's because I really don't see Henry at FS as others do. Reggie Nelson or trade down are my preferred options.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Good argument.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I await your defense, if you don't have one i'll understand. Because you're wrong.
Quote:
Old 02-25-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Cool

Quote:
I don't think any of those guys will honestly be there. Possibly Meachem.
oh. well then i'd have to agree with you IF that were the case :D
Old 02-25-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
My Big Board for top picks for 22 is like this (Only guys likely to be there)

1. Leon Hall
2. Robert Meachem
3. Aaron Ross

You all forget that we run the 3-4 and Chris Houston would be nothing more then a nickle guy in our D

In the 3-4 you have ot have taller Corners who are more physical(Or the good 3-4 teams do and so do we lately)
that doesn't even make sense where did you learn something like that...terrence newman is 5-11 and houston is 5-10...Houston is a very physical corner iv'e seen him in quite a few games...if he could dominate 6-5 Dwayne jarrett he'll be fine
Old 02-25-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmock View Post
that doesn't even make sense where did you learn something like that...terrence newman is 5-11 and houston is 5-10...Houston is a very physical corner iv'e seen him in quite a few games...if he could dominate 6-5 Dwayne jarrett he'll be fine
The difference is...WR's can beat jams in the pro's. Don't get my wrong...I think Houston is a great cb...but your basing his ranking on a 2 min clip that mayock broke down at the combine doesn't make you an expert.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
jivixzoner

Quote:
I await your defense, if you don't have one i'll understand. Because you're wrong.
He's not very physical and needs to get stronger, he's going to have a lot of miss tackles. He doesn't have a lot of starting experience. And i doubt he'll play safty in the NFL.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

During his NFL Combine interview, Florida State LB Lawrence Timmons said he spoke with the Dallas Cowboys.

During his NFL Combine interview, Georgia DE Charles Johnson said he talked with the Dallas Cowboys. He was told by the team that he would work at outside linebacker.

During his NFL Combine interview, Central Michigan DE Dan Bazuin said the Dallas Cowboys talked to him and asked if he could play outside linebacker in a 3-4 defensive scheme.

The Dallas Cowboys have expressed interest in NFL draft prospect WR Aundrae Allison (East Carolina).

per kffl.com

I wonder if this means carp is to move inside. The is surely interesting to see we are targetting a OLB at 22. I would still say Moss and Spencer our are best bet at 22 if we are looking for a rush backer. I still like Woodley in the second.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He's not very physical and needs to get stronger, he's going to have a lot of miss tackles. He doesn't have a lot of starting experience. And i doubt he'll play safty in the NFL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright's Scouting Report
"Does not have a ton of starting experience...Is not very physical and needs to get stronger..."
Have any original Ideas?

He's a CB, who said he's going to play saftey? And I guess starting expierence didn't hinder him from winning the Jim Thorpe award. And name one corner that started all 4-5 years while in college. And he's 6'1 192, which is bigger then Terrence. And he recorded 80 tackles last year, not bad for a CB.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

i think ross is r.2 i like Houstonpersonally after watching him play here's a pic of him for 5-10 he ain't little at ALL!
http://myspace-124.vo.llnwd.net/0155...55063124_l.jpg