Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 03-17-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The deal is falling through according to Shefter.
Im thinking our compensation is only going to get lower after this. Why would a team offer a higher pick now that we have accepted a lower one. Dumb
Old 03-17-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Does this mean you're going to be 'rooting' for another team now?

Sit back and realize the team isn't going to be winning right away, so investing in a big ticket player (even one as great as Hall) could really set us back as far as a team goes, especially since we're looking to kinda change DB schemes anyway apparently. I love Hall, really, he's one of my favorite to watch and I love his passion on the field, even if he gets hosed with dumb penalties.

The TEAM can be better running a different scheme, you can have 1 elite player in the other scheme with others struggling to keep up making that 1 elite player look even better, while making the overall defense worse. If you can take 3 of the 4 DBs and put them in a scheme that is better for them then you can make the team better overall. Change can be good, and if by losing Hall it means we can make players fit better in a different scheme to make the team better then so be it.

I know that there is an entertainment side of the game, but putting butts in seats is only part of it, and if you're losing there's only so much fans will put up with, if you're winning you can count on the fans to be there no doubt. Overall the TEAM will be better without Hall, but it will miss him as well.
Hall would or will fit any scheme, unless it is a pure tampa 2. Mike Smith will not be running a tampa 2, therefore Hall would fit the scheme. Considering how young this team is going to be, there are only about three other players we need to maintain who are veterans, I do not understand why Hall can not be payed. DeAngelo Hall, no matter how you twist it, makes a defense better. Much better.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
The deal is falling through according to Shefter.
Im thinking our compensation is only going to get lower after this. Why would a team offer a higher pick now that we have accepted a lower one. Dumb
Very true. Watch us end up with a low second round pick. I can't say I would be done with the team, I already said I would be done if all we got was a low first round pick, and well we did not even get that.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Okay...so remember when Hall said he'd take LESS money to play here? Lets see if he's really a man of his word and would, cause if he takes less money and stays here, we know he'll be locked up long term, but we had a 2nd and 6th round pick from Oakland, so we're not out of the hunt of getting a low first round pick and a 6th round pick or a mid 2nd and 4th or something like that.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Man I'd be thrilled if my Dolphins gave up low low 2nd and a 4th for him.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If we are only getting 2nd and 6th and he is the one stuffing up this, and earlier trades I'm thinking we need to bite the bullet and do a Lance Briggs.

Meet with the guy, get it all out in the open (possibly pay him) depending on how it goes. If he wants to be a total jerk well fine. Dont rip ourselves off, dont trade him, lets see how he likes watching 16 games of football in the prime of his career. Then next you can just as easy franchise him.

In recent memory this has happened with Asante Samuel and Lance Briggs. Both turned OK for their teams. Asante came back and played a season and Lance came back, played a season and resigned. Id love to make up with Hall and then pay him if unless we get offered a top 20 pick (or equilivant to be honest). but im not keen on trading him for a 2nd rounder any lower than Oakland.

PS Scott finally gave us a decent mock draft and its already screwed with this trade falling through
Old 03-18-2008, 01:02 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think we're all just a little antsy to get this done, I heard it may take til the end of the week but Davis is very keen on getting this done.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Blaming TD for this mess is ridiculous. Itīs a mess totally of Hallīs making. The fact is, as good as he is on the field, Hall is a prize c*nt. Personally, Iīm happy that heīs leaving. Even on the field heīs a jerk, celebrating by himself and pushing teammates away.

TD doesnīt have much to work with. Hall came out and insisted on leaving, and is also insisting on a huge contract, which is driving his trade price down. Talking about him being outsmarted by Davis is absurd.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

Mr. Myogi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

D. Hall is now realizing that he is not worth what he think he is........... He might as well suck it up and Man that Corner in Atlanta!
No one is going to give him Asante Samuel money and that's what he's after.

Welcome Back DeAngelo!!!!!

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********
Mr. Myogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
Blaming TD for this mess is ridiculous. Itīs a mess totally of Hallīs making. The fact is, as good as he is on the field, Hall is a prize c*nt. Personally, Iīm happy that heīs leaving. Even on the field heīs a jerk, celebrating by himself and pushing teammates away.

TD doesnīt have much to work with. Hall came out and insisted on leaving, and is also insisting on a huge contract, which is driving his trade price down. Talking about him being outsmarted by Davis is absurd.

Actually, it is TD's fault. DeAngelo had all intentions of coming back (said he liked Smith, and was willing to stay) then TD tried to deal him, and it got leaked to the media. That's what made Hall pissed. He was willing to stay, and Atlanta was trying to deal him.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Actually, it is TD's fault. DeAngelo had all intentions of coming back (said he liked Smith, and was willing to stay) then TD tried to deal him, and it got leaked to the media. That's what made Hall pissed. He was willing to stay, and Atlanta was trying to deal him.
Yes. Hall said he wanted to be gone because we were more interested in trading him than re-signing him.

We are just being safe. We hired a safe coaching staff, who I do not dislike but do not like, cleared out all prominant veterans, and are trading our best player who happens to be one of our youngest.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I recall D.Hall making some comments like "Im not going to be apart of another losing season" and "Im going to demand a new contract before next season"....To me that is a cancer waiting to get larger and spread this attidude among other players...Also I think Jim Mora had alot to do with how D.Hall acts now.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I love Deangelo on the field, I think he's incredible, and I think his talent is supreme. I think he gets too much love AND too much hate. Anything he does is wrong because 1 official was a dunce and really REALLY screwed the pooch in the Carolina game. I love how passionate he is about the game and the fire he plays with. I don't care about what's going on as far as him wanting to get paid, but if he's a man of his word and would take LESS to play in Atlanta like he said I'd be happy to have him back, but I still think the TEAM will be better if we let him move on, unless he changes completely his thinking on his desire to be an Atlanta Falcon. If we can sign him to a 6 year 45 million dollar deal, I have no problem with that, but I'd want him to play out this year under his rookie deal and then get that contract after he proves it this season, other than that I'd slap the franchise tag on him next year and deal him. I'm really torn in this situation because he really is such a great talent, but I think with the correct scheme in place we could really get the most out of the rest of the DBs making the team better.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i say we try to get back onto D. Hall's good side and sign him to an extension, which is what he wants the most..
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

7 years/ 70 million

I would have payed him that.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good riddance. us common fans bitching isnt gonna make him come back. i'll definitely miss his antics, passion, and playmaking ability but i really lost respect for him when he said today that he's going to the raiders because they have a better chance of winning than the falcons. thats complete bs. he went for the money and pride of being one of the highest paid CBs. whatever, i'm sick of his drama and at least we got something for him instead of just letting him walk next year. even if he played this year, it wouldnt have made a great difference to the team's season.

i really think we're headed in the right direction. we need to model ourselves like the giants and the pats before egos were formed. the pats didnt have a defiant player calling for a huge contract when they made their incredible run in SB XXXVI. the giants fielded 2 raw DBs in their crazy run this past year. we need to build through the draft and our stockpile of picks can easily lead to what the giants did in drafting 5 key players in 07: kevin boss, ahmed bradshaw, jay alford, aaron ross, and steve smith.

patience is a virtue guys. lets stick with what TD does and i hope we look back at this trade and laugh in a couple years time when hall's attitude makes drives him out of the league. cause we know the raiders arent gonna win a division title let alone a superbowl title. primetime wannabe is still gonna be crying then.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Ya'll can hate DeAngelo Hall all you want. The guy is still one of my favorite players and if a trade to the Raiders says anything he wanted money, not essentially a team who will win next year.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
7 years/ 70 million

I would have payed him that.

Would have done it without blinking.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although I know you guys would've paid him that kinda money all in all it was in the best interest of the franchise as a whole for him to move on. Especially after seeing Ocho Cinco rant on NFLN teams like that don't need those kinda distractions they're left for my Raiders. :)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
FizzyFalcons
Rookie

FizzyFalcons hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldn't care for Deangelo at 10 mill a year.
He'd have to grow up in a hurry and shut down Steve.
And those are 2 things I'm not willing to invest in
Old 03-18-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I think it is funny how all of the Falcons fans are now dissing Hall and trying to make themselves feel better about the trade.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I think it is funny how all of the Falcons fans are now dissing Hall and trying to make themselves feel better about the trade.
What else would you do? Its man's nature...As soon as you break up with a GF, you arent going to praise her and say she is perfect and wish you had her back. You are going to call her out for the stuff she didnt do to make yourself feel better.

Join the fun Bama.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I love Deangelo, he's a stud, I'll miss him greatly, but I think the team is better off actually...as a team...I really am going to miss him.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:14 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will not miss Hall for a second he would have made to a ton of money and was a cancer to the team. Our pass defense was near the bottom in the NFL (i think) with him so we can't get much worse without him. Just look what happen to the giants last year when Shockey got hurt.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did we just get a second rounder? nothing else?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote