Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 03-19-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Did we just get a second rounder? nothing else?
A second round pick and a sixth round pick.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is 2 and 6 official now? I heard 2nd and 'other' compensation
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Is 2 and 6 official now? I heard 2nd and 'other' compensation
Yea thats what it says, 2 and 6 i still pretty bad for a pro bowler in his prime at his position.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its 08 2nd and 09 5th.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Yea thats what it says, 2 and 6 i still pretty bad for a pro bowler in his prime at his position.
It wasnt that bad when you take in concideration that the Raiders have to deal with D. Hall's mouth and attitude and we dont :)
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somehow we ended up with two second round picks (one future) for Matt Schaub and only a second and a (future) fifth for DeAngelo Hall. The reason? McKay played it cool like he could keep Matt Schaub if he did not get what we wanted. In this case it was clear we wanted him gone and he did as well. A little charisma and kindness to Hall could have went a long way towards keeping it on the low.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who knows even if that would have helped, but I agree. Hall should have keep his mouth shut.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Somehow we ended up with two second round picks (one future) for Matt Schaub and only a second and a (future) fifth for DeAngelo Hall. The reason? McKay played it cool like he could keep Matt Schaub if he did not get what we wanted. In this case it was clear we wanted him gone and he did as well. A little charisma and kindness to Hall could have went a long way towards keeping it on the low.
Yeah...it sure seems that way...but the way he kinda blew it up at the Combine or whatever event that was, kinda left us holding the short end of the stick. I hope Deangelo does great out there, but I also hope we can turn one of those 2 picks into a great player for our team. Glad we can keep our salary cap number in check as well...10 mil a season for 1 player is just a bit much imo. You have 53 guys to sign and 1 of them is making like 8% of your total cap availability, just seems high to me, I love Hall, wish we could have kept him around here, but we couldn't so now I'll just move on. Houston was a great addition last year, and I really think Irons can play up for us...I keep reminding people that are so high on Houston that it was Irons who won the SEC's DB of the year award...the man can play some ball, and he brought it on ST. Had a couple screw ups, but I'll take that compared to a guy who's too scared to play, get out there and make your rookie mistakes.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah...it sure seems that way...but the way he kinda blew it up at the Combine or whatever event that was, kinda left us holding the short end of the stick. I hope Deangelo does great out there, but I also hope we can turn one of those 2 picks into a great player for our team. Glad we can keep our salary cap number in check as well...10 mil a season for 1 player is just a bit much imo. You have 53 guys to sign and 1 of them is making like 8% of your total cap availability, just seems high to me, I love Hall, wish we could have kept him around here, but we couldn't so now I'll just move on. Houston was a great addition last year, and I really think Irons can play up for us...I keep reminding people that are so high on Houston that it was Irons who won the SEC's DB of the year award...the man can play some ball, and he brought it on ST. Had a couple screw ups, but I'll take that compared to a guy who's too scared to play, get out there and make your rookie mistakes.
I definitely agree on David Irons. He plays a bit too physical, because that is how he played in college. But he was very good at the Senior Bowl and some people projected him as a first day pick. I had him going in round three at one point. The knee injuries and concerns are all that held him back.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Nemmasisn4sir

Quote:
I seriously can not believe we are trading DeAngelo Hall. Our best player. A twenty-four year old player. A two-time probowler (in four years). We might be in worse shape than any franchise in the NFL and we are shipping off our best player for a second round pick.

The Falcons are complete dumbasses. I agree with some of these signings, but cleaning out house like this is ludacris. The chances of grabbing a CB, or player, the caliber of DeAngelo Hall with our newly aquired second round pick are extremely thin. Odds are the player we pick at number three won't even be as good as him.
I feel like you are speaking for the true fans with some scents in the ATL. I love the truth when I here or see it. BRAVO BamaFalcon Bravo!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man i love D Hall, im gonna miss him bad, i wish we could of have kept him. I talked to him at his party in which he was celebrating his Raiders contract. He's a real good guy. His Rolls Royce is SICK!!

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 04-14-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I still defend him whenever he is brought up, although he is not on our team. Great player, stupid deal.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Man its hard to take it in now that hes gone, its one thing as fans that you have to through which is hard sometimes, you feel real close to players especially someone like D Hall who plays with his heart. I'll always defend and support him.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-15-2008, 03:31 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
I still defend him whenever he is brought up, although he is not on our team. Great player, stupid deal.
Great player, egocentric guy, best deal on the table.

I know that you think that Dimitroff created the problem. I disagree, and I would point to Hall's history of moaning as evidence. However, it's unimportant now.

All I care about now is that we stay consistent in having a squad full of team-first guys.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Let's not argue, it is pointless. No one is going to convince me you trade a 24 year old probowl, top three cornerback for a second round pick because you do not want to pay him.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Let's not argue, it is pointless. No one is going to convince me you trade a 24 year old probowl, top three cornerback for a second round pick because you do not want to pay him.
Didn't have anything to do with not wanting to pay him. It was the character concerns...it was that he didn't want to be here either. I like Deangelo, but when you know the guy is going to bolt next year, you take what you can get what you can. #34 overall + another pick. I mean, that's not great value for someone that talented, but someone who was going to leave Atlanta anyway basically left us holding no cards, because we would have just been burning money, something we can't afford to do right now.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Didn't have anything to do with not wanting to pay him. It was the character concerns...it was that he didn't want to be here either. I like Deangelo, but when you know the guy is going to bolt next year, you take what you can get what you can. #34 overall + another pick. I mean, that's not great value for someone that talented, but someone who was going to leave Atlanta anyway basically left us holding no cards, because we would have just been burning money, something we can't afford to do right now.
It was the money. We were trying to ship him off when he said he wanted to stay. That made him blow up, which made us have few options. Passion is good, not bad. Confidence is good, not bad. He was passionate in football, and confident as well. Not someone who tears apart a team.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

DeAngelo Hall wanted to stay in Atlanta, it was the money issue that traded him.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-15-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Okay you guys know everything, that's fine. I'll just leave you omniscient ones alone.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:10 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Okay you guys know everything.
No, apparently you think that you know everything.

I said stop trying to convince me because it will end up in an arguement, and once again you attempt to start one.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:05 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Might be better to agree to disagree on this one, chaps...
Old 04-16-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
Might be better to agree to disagree on this one, chaps...
No problem, there is no reasoning with madness. He thinks he knows everything and every intent that I have with everything that I type, and things that I don't as well. But as long as he can assume that's what's being said it must be right. People like that ruin places like this.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
FizzyFalcons
Rookie

FizzyFalcons hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont really think you can compare getting 2 2nd rounders for a Matt Schaub to getting a 2nd rounder and a 5th for Deangelo. Whether or not DA wanted out was not the issue. He was unhappy and he wanted more money. When other teams see that, his value drops. I'm still ok with spreading out that 10 Million a year amongst others.

So you cant really look at it as a 2nd rounder and future 5th. You've got to consider the money and the view of the public eye. Most people (not your average nflcountdown poster) see Hall's antics: giving bobby petrino an earful, losing his cool against steve smith, free mike vick t-shirts. They dont see how skillfull he is. Then, you hear how Samuel and Clements are overpaid and Hall gets a lucrative contract from the Raiders.

So like I said, NFLdraftcountdown posters dont see that.
But Average Joe sees a overpaid problem headed to overpaid problem heaven.

And that's my opinion. I wont argue or reply ;-)
Old 04-16-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No problem, there is no reasoning with madness. He thinks he knows everything and every intent that I have with everything that I type, and things that I don't as well. But as long as he can assume that's what's being said it must be right. People like that ruin places like this.
Leave then. Thought about that? Please, consider it.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyFalcons View Post
I dont really think you can compare getting 2 2nd rounders for a Matt Schaub to getting a 2nd rounder and a 5th for Deangelo. Whether or not DA wanted out was not the issue. He was unhappy and he wanted more money. When other teams see that, his value drops. I'm still ok with spreading out that 10 Million a year amongst others.

So you cant really look at it as a 2nd rounder and future 5th. You've got to consider the money and the view of the public eye. Most people (not your average nflcountdown poster) see Hall's antics: giving bobby petrino an earful, losing his cool against steve smith, free mike vick t-shirts. They dont see how skillfull he is. Then, you hear how Samuel and Clements are overpaid and Hall gets a lucrative contract from the Raiders.

So like I said, NFLdraftcountdown posters dont see that.
But Average Joe sees a overpaid problem headed to overpaid problem heaven.

And that's my opinion. I wont argue or reply ;-)
I agree, but to me when you have a big time player you have to be willing to pay him big time money. He is confident, and was spot on concerning Bobby Petrino.

Anyway, no point in beating a dry topic.