Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
based on last year i had them ranked like this:

1. New England
2. Dallas
3. Tennessee
4. Green Bay
5. Indy

With Jacksonville, Cleveland and NYG as outsiders looking in. I think this year, who knows, we don't know yet. Paper means nothing with olines. NE's oline doesn't look that impressive on paper, and it was easily the most dominant in the league. The only game where they looked mortal was in the SB. Let's not forget how dominant they were every other game.
Could you explain the Packers' rank? I must have been missing something this past season.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Could you explain the Packers' rank? I must have been missing something this past season.
The Packers had the best Tackle duo in the league. And their interior played very well too. They were lacking a little bit in run blocking, but they lacked a true RB as well. When you come out with as many 4 WR/5 WR sets as the Packers did, for them to play at that level week in and week out speaks for itself. Its alot harder "looking good" when youre exposed as much as that line was.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
if the bengals line can stay healthy we should be up there in the top 5 or so.
Was Levi Jones injured last year? For your guys' sake I hope he was so he can have a reason for his poor play. I remember him getting benched because he got manhandled so badly by Jared Allen. I still think he is a good tackle and I hope he does return to form.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, I don't think the Jets have the best OL, although they could have a top 10 unit, and perhaps a top 5 unit. The idea is that Faneca will allow Brick and Mangold to develop more, but that still has to happen for me to buy into it. Also, Faneca/Woody are on the downswing of their careers. Still good, but not likely to be great. Also, top OL's are usually relatively stable units, so I'd look for a team that hasn't had much turnover, if any.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think the Bucs will have one of the best O-lines in the league next year, especially if we add a LT in the draft like Chris Williams in the first

LT-Penn or Petigout or draft pick
LG- Arron Sears
C- Jeff Faine
RG- Davin Joseph
RT- Jeremy Trueblood
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Aren't the Saints pretty good?

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Brick hasnt prove himself
Woody is almost done
Mangold is good but not great center in my book
Faneca is great
and RT is a big deal who ever they get is a big need
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Patriots
2. Dallas
3. Chargers (if they get a RT)

The jets have the talent to be up there...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Why is this in the draft section?

Anyway, no I don't think they do. Woody is average and D'Brick is overrated to an extent. Faneca is the best on the line.
How is Brick overrated?? Everyone is calling him horrible all of last year, I say he played better then most people say. I don't know what everyone thinks about him on these boards but a lot of people think hes a bust elsewhere. I watch him very closely and he was great for a period of time last year where he absolutely dominated every DE he faced, I think it was a 7 game stretch. He faded off towards the end of the year like he did as a rookie. He needs to be more consistent for 16 games and not just 7. But he has the tools to be a pro bowl caliber LT. Faneca can help.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
I personally like McKinnie and hutchinson as the best LT/LG combo in the league, but lets just hope mckinnie can stay outta trouble.
I agree. I think Ferguson-Faneca-Mangold is going to be good though, but its too early to say who has the best OL, thats a question only can be answered during the season. Its about whos OL works together and gets the job done, I like the Giants OL a lot.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D'Brick Faneca Mangold Moore Woody

It sure looks good, but o-lines depend on chemistry as much as talent and experience. With Bill Callahan as an o-line coach it sure has potential to be great and give Clemens some time.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This sounds weird to say but the Cardinals have one of the best pass blocking lines in the NFL

Tied for the 8th fewest sacks allowed while passing the ball the 2nd most times

but all that is negated by the fact that they jump offside all the time and suck at run blocking

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Hey and guys, OG usually last into their late 30s, so a 31 year OG can easily have a good 4 years in him. And Woody will see about, he is 30 yrs old, and will work hard for us.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

I'll take my Titans maulers any day of the week. Although I am biased.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe if D'Brick would actually not get pushed backwards on run plays

If i was McFadden, i wouldnt want to get drafted by the JEts because they still have no QB, or defense

the way i look at it

Jason Peters > D'brick
Alan Faneca = Derrick Dockery
Melvin Fowler < Mangold
Brad Butler > Moore
Langston Walker > Woody

they dont even have the best line in the division imo

Last edited by BufFan71 : 03-17-2008 at 06:12 PM.
BufFan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post

If i was McFadden, i wouldnt want to get drafted by the JEts because they still have no QB, or defense
Yeah but I think they have the best situation out of the top 6. He's got to be hoping for a trade up with Dallas.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
I'll take my Titans maulers any day of the week. Although I am biased.
Might have agreed last year but not so sure after the loss of Bell and Olson (he is retiring isn't he?). My opinion could change though depending on what happens with the draft.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
based on last year i had them ranked like this:

1. New England
2. Dallas
3. Tennessee
4. Green Bay
5. Indy

With Jacksonville, Cleveland and NYG as outsiders looking in. I think this year, who knows, we don't know yet. Paper means nothing with olines. NE's oline doesn't look that impressive on paper, and it was easily the most dominant in the league. The only game where they looked mortal was in the SB. Let's not forget how dominant they were every other game.
Kinda surprised not to see the Vikings anywhere on this this top 5 list. They did after all set a rookie up to be the NFC Rushing champ.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets the best? Maybe in Madden, but in the real world, chemistry is a huge deal. While I didn't see each team extensively, down the stretch the best OL last season was the Giants IMO. Not for star power, but for chemistry and working as a unit. Adding Faneca is nice but the result isn't as simple as relying on the theory adding a top OG will do wonders.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
goodlookin
Rookie

goodlookin is a cocksman.goodlookin is a cocksman.goodlookin is a cocksman.goodlookin is a cocksman.

if alberts from virgina falls to the jets then id say they have the most versatile line and a great promising young line for years to come
goodlookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Kinda surprised not to see the Vikings anywhere on this this top 5 list. They did after all set a rookie up to be the NFC Rushing champ.
they have one of the best left sides but as a complete oline theyre not top 5. they can improve, but based on last year's performances, i have to rate the aforementioned lines above them.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post

the way i look at it

Jason Peters > D'brick
Alan Faneca > Derrick Dockery
Melvin Fowler < Mangold
Brad Butler < Moore
Langston Walker < Woody

they dont even have the best line in the division imo
Thats better..
Old 03-17-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Jets the best? Maybe in Madden, but in the real world, chemistry is a huge deal. While I didn't see each team extensively, down the stretch the best OL last season was the Giants IMO. Not for star power, but for chemistry and working as a unit. Adding Faneca is nice but the result isn't as simple as relying on the theory adding a top OG will do wonders.
I agree, the Jets helped themselves by addressing it and adding more talent instead of the practice squad guys last year. But chemistry is everything, its nice to know though that Faneca has already reached out to Brick and Mangold and actually went to the Knicks game yesterday with Brick. So I can see Brick and Mangold improving with the leadership of Faneca. You should know what thats like, didn't your OL get a lot better when you signed Kevan Mawae to give the leadership to your young guys?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry121283 View Post
New England and Indy have the best LT/LG combos, but Cleveland is right in after them...and probably will surpass them this year.
That is far from the truth. Joe Thomas is better than both teams LT's and Eric Steinbach is at least even or not far behind the LG's of the respective teams.

Your only arguement is exsperience, but after the first game of the season the Browns entire OL only gave up 7 sacks. thats less than .5 per game.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
I agree, the Jets helped themselves by addressing it and adding more talent instead of the practice squad guys last year. But chemistry is everything, its nice to know though that Faneca has already reached out to Brick and Mangold and actually went to the Knicks game yesterday with Brick. So I can see Brick and Mangold improving with the leadership of Faneca. You should know what thats like, didn't your OL get a lot better when you signed Kevan Mawae to give the leadership to your young guys?
Well, that and Mawae replaced an awful Justin Hartwig. But yeah, adding veteran leadership is a pretty big bonus usually. I think the Jets OL has the potential to be the best in the NFL, but obviously it's something that has to be seen to be fully believed first. Also, a lot of the "best OL in the NFL" tag comes with team success (quite often a prerequisite for pro bowl trips as well). A great OL will provide the foundations for a good offense, but the skill positions have to take advantage and without that it's hard to tell when an OL is doing top work.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote