Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 03-21-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79 View Post
I would love that draft if that was our first 4 picks. Specially if Phillips doesnt drop to us in the 2nd. I am a fan of alberts.

I want a dominating offensive line that will scare folks to play against us because will beat them into submission. We havent had that in a long time. We need a bob kuechenberg type of player (whom btw was there for all of our superbowls).

This game is won in the trenches defensive or offensive. Since Webb we have not had a star offensive lineman upon this team and since Dwight we havent had a HoF type lineman.

We have a ton of money invested into a back that has been running behind a broken patchworked online for the past few years. Because of that he has been getting beaten up himself. Now it is time to build a line to protect him, protect a QB (whom I think we will get in the top 5 next year, hopefully not a certain gator) and build a crushing ball control offense with the ability to explode as well when needed.

Now I understand the like for Chris long but still personally feel he is far too hyped and people are drawing too many lines for him to be the pick. I feel we are adding to what is still for a few more years a position of strength and can be addressed easier in what is a pretty deep draft there just like OT. Now if I can have a 3-4 DE or a LT for the next decade even if both are pro bowlers, I will take the Left tackle.

That all said I would not mind gholston and even though I think he is getting hyped alot because of ware (whom was ab etter prospect and went lower) and they are looking and reaching or something to fit in this draft, he is a heck of a ball player and will be interesting to watch if he goes to the right situation.

I understand the Ryan talk too but personally I do not feel he is the right guy for the right time. If we dont draft a QB at all or till the 6-7 I will not mind it at all for this year. Even though Ryan I think is a nice prospect and could be a pretty good QB in the NFL
Finfan,

You make a good point about the OL. To me, this is about getting the best player. The team is full of holes....OT definitely fills perhaps a greater need than OLB right now, but I think it is about taking the best player. That might be J. Long. Although I happen to think it is Gholston. While Long is a very good prospect, I don't think he is a can't miss guy (Boselli, Ogden, Pace) who cannot be passed over. I will be happy with either guy, but I am rooting for Gholston, who I think can be a dominant OLB. I would take Jake over Chris as far as the Longs go..........
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I can understand if someone feels that Gholston is better as long as folks want the player they feel will make the biggest impact in the long run I am happy for it as well.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

BigBlueCrew56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Agreed I cant complain with either Gholston or Jake. Both players will make a huge impact in making my sunday's sitting in the 100 degree heat better.
BigBlueCrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Something to consider

Which of these players would of gone in the top 10 last year for the draft?

mcfadden would of went behind peterson, Ryan wouldnt of been top 10 he would of went second round I bet or end of 1st at least, chris long would of most likely been around 8 where Jamaal Anderson went imo (gaines adams was a better prospect), Jake long really is the only one I think would be up there he would of been in the debate with Thomas but he definitely would of been before Levi Brown at number 6.

But I guess it is all opinion which is what makes the draft fun :)
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

I think the only players you can safely assume would have gone in the top 10 last year are Chris Long, Jake Long and Vernon Gholston.

Matt Ryan would've been a 2nd rounder behind Brady Quinn and ahead of Kolb IMO.

Darren McFadden would have gone at number 12 overall to the Bills instead of Lynch IMO.

Jake Long would have gone at number 5 to Arizona Cardinals instead of Levi Brown.

Chris Long is just a notch below Gaines Adams and would have been right around the 8 range that Anderson got drafted at.

Gholston IMO would have graded out neck and neck with Gaines Adams for the drafts best DE/OLB but his workout would have put him over the top so I think Gholston would have gone in the 4 range.