Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 03-20-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...moving-up.html

Theres a nice little article on our interest in Chad Henne. I kinda like the idea of taking Henne as I think he's been severly undervalued. He is a much better prospect then Matt Ryan in my book.

Anyways, Taking Henne at 32 would be stupid, but instead of focusing on trading down from number 1. Why don't we trade down from number 32. There will for sure be a take willing to give up an extra 3 rounder just to move up a handful so slots and get whatever guy they want that just barely slipped out of round 1. Barring the guy that slips being a Chris Williams, Branden Albert, or Kenny Phillips, why don't we look to trade down off the pick and net us another day 1 pick while still nabbing Henne?

We could easily go:

1-Vernon Gholston, OLB
2a- Chad Henne, QB
2b-Anthony Collins, OT
3a- Eric Young, OG
3b- Ahtyba Rubin, NT

This way we still get the QB or staff seems to want, as well as netting us an extra pick so that we can hit the OL twice early, get anothe rbody for our DL as well as adding a stud OLB. This draft would hit the defensive front 7 and OL early and often while also getting us a QB.

We can look to add more depth on the OL and DL later on to go with a CB or 2.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

BigBlueCrew56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have mentioned a few times about using that top pick in the second round as trade bait. It's basically the last pick in the 1st round. Many teams will probably be calling to target the player they want that slips. Plus they dont have to pay 1st round money. It's a win win!
BigBlueCrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

BigBlueCrew56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Caption taken from Blogger on Sun Sentinel

"As a Michigan grad, some points about Henne.

Dolphins national scout Ron Labadie has a son on the Michigan football staff so he should know pretty much everything about Henne.

In the right system, with a good, creative coaching staff (which Michigan was not, at least offensively), he could be very good. Great leader, character, arm strength and poise.

I personally met him at LAX the day after the 2007 Rose Bowl and kidded that I would love to see him in a Dolphins uniform. He said he just wanted a chance. Trust me, the Dolphins can do a lot worse with the second round pick but I would prefer them using the latter of the two."

And of course, I still hold to my Churchill quote about guarding the truth with bodyguards of lies. This Henne story could be one of such bodyguards."

I had already knew there was a connection with Michigan. I just didnt know the name of the guy. I had heard about this on the radio the other day when they where talking about the Groh-Parcells connection and somebody pointed this connection out. I am glad I got this peice of information from someone on the Sun Sentinel blog. I love Omar Kelly he writes some really good stuff. Imagine Jake Long and Chad Henne on the Phins. That would be pretty freakin cool if you ask me.
BigBlueCrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
Caption taken from Blogger on Sun Sentinel

"As a Michigan grad, some points about Henne.

Dolphins national scout Ron Labadie has a son on the Michigan football staff so he should know pretty much everything about Henne.

In the right system, with a good, creative coaching staff (which Michigan was not, at least offensively), he could be very good. Great leader, character, arm strength and poise.

I personally met him at LAX the day after the 2007 Rose Bowl and kidded that I would love to see him in a Dolphins uniform. He said he just wanted a chance. Trust me, the Dolphins can do a lot worse with the second round pick but I would prefer them using the latter of the two."

And of course, I still hold to my Churchill quote about guarding the truth with bodyguards of lies. This Henne story could be one of such bodyguards."

I had already knew there was a connection with Michigan. I just didnt know the name of the guy. I had heard about this on the radio the other day when they where talking about the Groh-Parcells connection and somebody pointed this connection out. I am glad I got this peice of information from someone on the Sun Sentinel blog. I love Omar Kelly he writes some really good stuff. Imagine Jake Long and Chad Henne on the Phins. That would be pretty freakin cool if you ask me.
Yeah.. that would be cool.... We could take Jake in the 1st, Manningham with our first second, Henne with the 2nd second rounder, Arrington in the 3rd, Crable in the 4th, and hopefully Hart will last until the 6th so we can add him to complement Ronnie! YAY!!!!

Haha.... J/K :D

Anyway.... Joey, I don't know why you are so high on this Collins kid, he's a bum with a bad attitude who is severely overrated. Parcells will not touch this kid, I can guarantee it.

If we had to take a QB, I would want it like this:

1) Vernon Gholston
2a) John Carlson
2b) Chad Henne
3) Justin King
4) King Dunlap
6) Chris McDuffie
7) Jason Shirley

Something like that would work nicely for us, IMO.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post

Theres a nice little article on our interest in Chad Henne. I kinda like the idea of taking Henne as I think he's been severly undervalued. He is a much better prospect then Matt Ryan in my book.

Anyways, Taking Henne at 32 would be stupid, but instead of focusing on trading down from number 1. Why don't we trade down from number 32. There will for sure be a take willing to give up an extra 3 rounder just to move up a handful so slots and get whatever guy they want that just barely slipped out of round 1. Barring the guy that slips being a Chris Williams, Branden Albert, or Kenny Phillips, why don't we look to trade down off the pick and net us another day 1 pick while still nabbing Henne?

We could easily go:

1-Vernon Gholston, OLB
2a- Chad Henne, QB
2b-Anthony Collins, OT
3a- Eric Young, OG
3b- Ahtyba Rubin, NT

This way we still get the QB or staff seems to want, as well as netting us an extra pick so that we can hit the OL twice early, get anothe rbody for our DL as well as adding a stud OLB. This draft would hit the defensive front 7 and OL early and often while also getting us a QB.

I personally like brohm alot more then Henne, but Henne does have experience that is based off of the interview he did on 760 btw you can pull it up on their website.

I do like that draft though it is definitely a nice set of possibilities, as long as we find a nice high potential ILB too in there.

I dont think Henne is the prospect that ryan is (he is better then some of us feel), even though personally I want jake Long or Gholston for the fins if we dont trade from number 1

btw agree about collins but I feel OT needs to be addressed, I would not mind long in the first as you all know :)

but I think Henne will last till the 3rd personally
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post

We could easily go:

1-Vernon Gholston, OLB
2a- Chad Henne, QB
2b-Anthony Collins, OT
3a- Eric Young, OG
3b- Ahtyba Rubin, NT

Joe,

I think I mentioned in an earlier post about possibly moving down in rounds 2 and/or 3 to add some depth picks (rds 3 to 5). I think it is a good idea provided they are not locked into a guy at the top of either round. With the odds of trading #1 looking very slim, this is the best option (outside of trading Taylor) to add some picks. If they are able to move down in either round and trade Taylor for at least a #2, they will have some pretty decent ammo to build this team with........

Totally agree about Henne as the guy to look at for QB. For me, I would take him over Flacco any day of the week. He has played 4 yrs at a big time program and been pretty successful. If they do decide to look QB, (which I am not sure is necessarily the right idea) Henne should be the guy they try to grab in round 2. Even if it means taking him at #32.......

One other note.. Looks like John Carlson tore it up at his pro day, running under 4.7 and looking great. I was hoping the bad combine was going to drop him to our low #2, but that probably died with that workout......
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote