Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Pacman Could Be Heading To Big D.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says he wants his off-season moves to make people say “wow.”

He may be close to a trade that would do just that.

Citing unnamed NFL sources, Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that the Cowboys are attempting to acquire suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Pacman Jones, and that trade talks between the teams are intensifying to the point that one person close to the talks predicts a deal could be completed in the next week.

As compensation for Pacman, Dallas would send the Titans a mid-round draft pick, Schefter reports.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i dont care how late of a pick they give dallas getting pacman would be a big mistake could cost them in the end ...i dont think there is a bigger thug or punk in the nfl then pac man and he wont change and hasnt.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be a big time signing for them, say what you want pacman is a stud corner.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There comes a time when you can't overlook character issues and there are more important things than how well someone can cover a receiver.

For Pacman, that time has come and gone.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 03-20-2008 at 09:41 PM. Reason: wording
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
That would be a big time signing for them, say what you want pacman is a stud corner.
When he's actually on the field...

When he eventually ends up in prison the only thing he'll be "covering" is his cornhole.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know, it has been fairly obvious to me which ever team trades for him will end up getting a reformed Adam Jones who turns out to be a multi pro bowl shut down CB with elite PR skills. Seems about right - Titans put up with all his BS and he flourishes elsewhere.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who knows. Maybe he will cause trouble wherever he goes. Thats what I am kind of hoping for Hall. ;)

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Last edited by d34ng3l021 : 03-20-2008 at 09:45 PM.
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
I don't know, it has been fairly obvious to me which ever team trades for him will end up getting a reformed Adam Jones who turns out to be a multi pro bowl shut down CB with elite PR skills. Seems about right - Titans put up with all his BS and he flourishes elsewhere.
I'm not trying to start an arguement but what has he done to actually prove he's reformed? He represents everything that is wrong with professional athletes in this day and age to a level that he almost becomes a charicature of self-absorbed, punk athletes.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurve View Post
i dont care how late of a pick they give dallas getting pacman would be a big mistake could cost them in the end ...i dont think there is a bigger thug or punk in the nfl then pac man and he wont change and hasnt.
What exactly would it "cost" the Cowboys?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What exactly would it "cost" the Cowboys?
Cohesion in the locker room and stability are the things that come to mind for me. They're already a very good team, there is no need to risk creating any distractions. That's how I feel at least.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they give up a 5th and IF Pacman comes back 40% mentally there its a frigging steal
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Cohesion in the locker room and stability are the things that come to mind for me. They're already a very good team, there is no need to risk creating any distractions. That's how I feel at least.
Does pacman have locker room problems though? He's just an idiot off the field. Risk/reward wise its definetly worth it.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
TO was supposed to destroy the locker room, but hasn't.

Talent trumps Character
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team won super bowls with Nate Newton and Micheal Irvin they can handle Pac Man's antics.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aye, for a mid round pick i think this is a brilliant move on the cowboys part. he can be a stud cb/returner when he gets on the field...if he gets on the field....

if i were the cowboys, id at least wait to see when/if his suspension gets lifted.

and if theres one franchise who can win with crooks, its the cowboys. i dont think anyone they ever had was quite this bad but to win superbowls with guys like mike irvin around....well, theyve shown its doable. and theyve kept TO shut up and theyve kept tank johnson out of trouble for a year
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
Does pacman have locker room problems though? He's just an idiot off the field. Risk/reward wise its definetly worth it.
I guess I could just see it turning into a media circus, especially with the Cowboys being so widely covered by the national media. In the event that anything happened, inside or outside the lockerroom, the team would be bombarded with questions and prodded about it at no end. And no matter what, I think any situation like that negatively affects a team.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not trying to start an arguement but what has he done to actually prove he's reformed? He represents everything that is wrong with professional athletes in this day and age to a level that he almost becomes a charicature of self-absorbed, punk athletes.
He's done nothing per se (well, except doing nothing that is :P), I'm just saying that's probably what will happen. Ever since the first few incidents in 06 I knew his days as a Titan were numbered (evidently in the 100's) and that he'd probably mature and flourish with a new team. Some players need a stop or two to reach their potential. It would be fitting for the Titans to burn a top 10 pick on Jones, put up with his crap for 2 years, and then trade him off the instant he is actually ready to grow up and become a truely elite player.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still a little skeptical that this even happens. I'll wait for it to happen before sticking up for the move.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
I guess I could just see it turning into a media circus, especially with the Cowboys being so widely covered by the national media. In the event that anything happened, inside or outside the lockerroom, the team would be bombarded with questions and prodded about it at no end. And no matter what, I think any situation like that negatively affects a team.
A media circus is what Jerry Jones seems to want though.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
A media circus is what Jerry Jones seems to want though.
That is very true. Touche my man.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go for it Jerry. I don't see Pacman ever playing in the NFL again, so he's basically throwing away draft picks in my opinion if he does it.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

That mid-late round draft pick wouldn't even make the Cowboys roster this year.

They have very few positions that rookies will actually have a chance at, but corner is one of them. The fact that they are in the 2nd worst cap position also means that the team is pretty much set where it's at right now.

As far as being a locker room cancer, I'm pretty sure everyone on the Titans defense said they loved Pacman and wanted him back. Much the same with Tank Johnson. It was their off the field troubles that were the problems.

As a Cowboys fan, I hope we bring him in. I've read that he is prepared to restructure his deal to be incentive based in order to keep any interested teams feeling good about him.

It's a very low risk, very high reward situation.

Last edited by Burns336 : 03-20-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to admitt, this would really improve their team as far as talent. They were kindof lacking on Sp teams, when crayton is returning punts, im not saying he's horrible, you know something has to be changed.

I dont think dallas should do this, but i think they probably will, they can take a chance without really risking much. Its not like they'd be reliant on Pacman, they could kick him out at any time...

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
If they give up a 5th and IF Pacman comes back 40% mentally there its a frigging steal
If the Titans get any thing higher than a 6th for him, it's a steal for us IMO.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Seems about right - Titans put up with all his BS and he flourishes elsewhere.
Hey you just about described every Cardinals player ever up until like 04'

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote