Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 03-21-2008, 01:12 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Hope Hall does well out in Cali

Hope he does well in the Silver and Black. Hope you guys get your money's worth, because we sure did here in Atlanta. The guy is fun to watch on the field, and I love his passion, I'll miss seeing him out there, I'll miss him in the red and black, but for where our team is right now, I can be happy seeing him go elsewhere and us rebuilding from scratch, even with a top 3 corner being a nice thing to have, of which you guys now have 2, the Falcons needs are far too vast and reaching to invest that 25 million bonus money into 1 player, but I'll miss seeing him out there...21 was fun. I hope he can get his head on straight, I think a change of scenery will do him good, and competing against Aso should do him very well too...scary to think what could happen out there if your pass rush picks up.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

trust me dawg...you aint the only one hoping he does good in Oakland

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:05 AM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if we can somehow pick up long in the draft this D is going to be nasty!

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with iloxy. Hall still might be my favorite player in the NFL and I wish him the best of luck in Oakland. Hopefully he can change his character around and achieve some success, teamwise and individually, with some of the talented guys that Oakland has.

I expect alot of success from him in his first season there. Teams are going to make some forced passes against Hall because of Asomugha, and Hall knows how to make the best out of errant passes and is explosive when he has the ball in his hands.

I have always wanted to see how well a team defense does with 2 stud CBs. i wasnt there around for the Haynes days. Living in the Bay Area, I will be tuning in for alot of the Raiders game. Youll see me at this forum alot more beginning next season.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:22 AM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersfanxxx View Post
if we can somehow pick up long in the draft this D is going to be nasty!
I agree, I would love to trade for Carpenter for the Boys too.

gdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should. He will get a lot of passes thrown his way since Aso only got thrown at like 30 times last year i think. I expect atleast 5 ints for him

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdamac View Post
I agree, I would love to trade for Carpenter for the Boys too.
how would be able to get both Long and Carpenter?
Old 03-24-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
how would be able to get both Long and Carpenter?
All I know is rumor, but I read Carpenter could be had for a 4th, again rumor and probably no more than speculation. But I bet Fabian for Carpenter could happen, or a 4th and a 7th, don't we have an extra 7th? Something could get done. The tough part is Long falling to us, IMO.

gdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
TheChandlerFlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
He should. He will get a lot of passes thrown his way since Aso only got thrown at like 30 times last year i think. I expect atleast 5 ints for him
He got thrown at in Atlanta all the time and got torched too. For 800+ yards a season ago. The thing is you'd think if he was so good and all that teams would not pick on D'Hall, but they did. If he's so good then why'd he get picked on all the time? Can you even tell me who ATL's second corner was last year? You think teams would pick on that guy right? Since Hall is so great and all. God some people are blind.

Last edited by TheChandlerFlash : 04-01-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Houston was thrown on and picked on so much last year. Maybe if you watched a Falcons game last season.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 04-01-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
TheChandlerFlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Chris Houston was thrown on and picked on so much last year. Maybe if you watched a Falcons game last season.
But Deangelo was picked on more, don't give me that I didn't watch the games ********. I wouldn't be commenting on his sorry play if I haven't watched.

Thrown at: 87 times (6th most in NFL)
Yards allowed: 798 (2nd most in NFL)
Yards allowed avg: 9.2 (76th in NFL)

(numbers are estimated... but probably pretty close to accurate)

vs. Jaguars- allowed 5 receptions for 75 yards
vs. Carolina- penalized 67 yards on one drive resulting in a Panthers TD.
vs. Texans- allowed 4 receptions 80+ yards TD
vs. Giants- allowed 10 receptions 100+ yards TD
vs. Colts- 5+ receptions 80+ yards
vs. Saints 7+ receptions 90+ yards TD
Old 04-01-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Forget 06. Lets talk about 07, you know, the year where he was used correctly?

No way those are right. I only remember Hall giving up 1 TD, and that was against Joey Galloway. Even Toomers TD in the Giants game was against Demorrio William's zone.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
TheChandlerFlash

Quote:
Forget 06. Lets talk about 07, you know, the year where he was used correctly?

No way those are right. I only remember Hall giving up 1 TD, and that was against Joey Galloway. Even Toomers TD in the Giants game was against Demorrio William's zone.
Uhhh...I did mention 07...

LOL no, maybe you should start judging players from an independent standpoint and not on who your favorite players are. Used right? How was he used right or wrong? Did the Falcons change defensive schemes? He was used relatively the same, so IDK WTF your talking about. These stats are all real, written in stone. I dont' have ESPN insider otherwise I'd show you the proof. Ever heard of KC Joyner? Look him up.

Since Halls been in the league he's had atleast 8 games a year where he's getting ******* torched.

And Toomers TD was directly against Hall, don't give me that Bullshite.

Last edited by TheChandlerFlash : 04-01-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Last year was 07. Last year, we hired a new DC who focused more on man to man situations than Ed 'I was the DC against 4th and 26' Donatell, who emphasized more zone. Last year, we upgraded our CB position and no longer had Jason Webster, who was terrible in man to man situations (not that he was any good in zone either).

So yes, defensive schemes were changed. They didnt change from a 4-3 to a 3-4, instead of zone being used often, man was. And what do you know, man to man press coverage is Hall's forte.

And I said forget 06 because that was when Donatell was here, and that was a year where Hall got abused. We all know that, and I am sure we can correlate that to him being very aggressive and in a scheme not fit for him.

And go watch all the Falcon highlights again and look at the passing TDs and tell me that Hall is covering the man. Most of the time, Hall is on a different side of the field. Watch the Toomer TD again. Hall takes him and then passes him off to William's zone. What is Williams doing? Biting on the playfake like he always does. Easy TD. Just cause he lined up against Hall, doesnt mean Hall was covering him. Hall didnt even move toward Toomer's location until the ball was in the air. Demorrio Williams actually came out and said it was his fault.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
TheChandlerFlash

Quote:
Last year was 07. Last year, we hired a new DC who focused more on man to man situations than Ed 'I was the DC against 4th and 26' Donatell, who emphasized more zone. Last year, we upgraded our CB position and no longer had Jason Webster, who was terrible in man to man situations (not that he was any good in zone either).

So yes, defensive schemes were changed. They didnt change from a 4-3 to a 3-4, instead of zone being used often, man was. And what do you know, man to man press coverage is Hall's forte.

And I said forget 06 because that was when Donatell was here, and that was a year where Hall got abused. We all know that, and I am sure we can correlate that to him being very aggressive and in a scheme not fit for him.

And go watch all the Falcon highlights again and look at the passing TDs and tell me that Hall is covering the man. Most of the time, Hall is on a different side of the field. Watch the Toomer TD again. Hall takes him and then passes him off to William's zone. What is Williams doing? Biting on the playfake like he always does. Easy TD. Just cause he lined up against Hall, doesnt mean Hall was covering him. Hall didnt even move toward Toomer's location until the ball was in the air. Demorrio Williams actually came out and said it was his fault.
Hall should have left his zone, there was no other threat he just took himself out of the play. Williams was still accounting for everything unerneath...like he should have.

Man to man is his Forte? Hardly, if it's his Forte he wouldn't be getting torched at least 8 games a season. It's okay, you don't have to defend him anymore. Your cancer is now another teams cancer.

ATL hired a DC that focused more on Press/man...great. But the Falcons still played plenty of zone, almost just as much as they did in 06.

More than half of his career INT's are soley because of bad passes/tipped balls, almost never pure coverage skills. He's an average CB, deal with it.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

I am done arguing with you.