Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:07 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
This is false cause my helmet fits just fine and my hair is pretty long.
I'm glad to know you play in the NFL, and have extremly long hair that you could be tackled by or have dredlocks that prevent you're helmet from fitting properly.

AJ Hawk also has long hair, but I'm willing to bet his hair fits in his helmet a wee better than Amani Toomer's did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:33 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I'm glad to know you play in the NFL, and have extremly long hair that you could be tackled by or have dredlocks that prevent you're helmet from fitting properly.

AJ Hawk also has long hair, but I'm willing to bet his hair fits in his helmet a wee better than Amani Toomer's did.
Well my dreads come a little past my shoulders so that is pretty damn long and it doesnt effect the way my helmet fits at all. It is also pretty much understood that if you have long hair it is gonna get pulled once in a while but my hair has never been a problem.

Also if you have long hair playing with it down is a choice because you can either tuck it or atleast put it up some.

So basically the only thing you have proven to me is something i already knew, and that is Amani Toomer is soft.

Last edited by 21ST : 03-24-2008 at 08:39 AM.
21ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

FWIW, I can't imagine anybody with long hair would try tucking it up inside their helmet like a turban; they would almost certainly braid it and let the ponytail hang down their back, inside the shoulder pads.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
Wow...Is it that time of the month again for you? I call someone out about saying it might be done because of safety and you get PMS. Take a deep breath and calm down.
I'm calm, I just think it's silly that people care one way or the other. It's not going to change anything at all, unless you're a big fan of hair. In which case, America's Next Top Model is probably more up your alley.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
what the hell are you even arguing? that long hair might, occasionally and given nearly perfect circumstances, make one more prone to a concussion? that's utterly inane. it's not like a player is going to be given a helmet that's three sizes too big because he has some extra hair. and it's not like there isn't room on the inside of a perfectly fitting helmet to tuck said hair.

but hey, you're apparently the expert on when long hair might like, totally maybe be bad in a few cases. wouldn't want to suggest you apply logic or anything.
Scottyboy is always right njx, even when he's wrong.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Scottyboy is always right njx, even when he's wrong.
see bf51 knows what he's talking about.

I'm just saying, long hair can make a helmet not fit properly. When a helmet doesn't fit properly, it's easier to get a concussion. I'm not saying it happens all the time, but still.

I dont care either way for this rule, if it happens, fine, if not, status quo is fine as well.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they should just scalp every player in the NFL, fix this problem once and for all.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only part that bothers me is the Samoan players... It's part of their culture, I think it would be wrong to make them cut it no matter how ridiculous it looks.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

NO ONE IS GOING TO BE FORCED TO CUT THEIR HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
jesus ****ing christ, for the sanity of everyone on the board, either quote ONCE where cutting one's hair was required or stop bloody repeating it. you people are making everyone on this board dumber.
Nice sig bastard, you totally left out the part of the 200 million dollars...which makes it okay.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The big thing here is that the hair thing takes away from the individuality of some players (polamalu, bigby, mathis etc). Whoever said that it's a safety issue is a supreme douche. The players know that having long hair might give them a bigger chance of getting concussions, they're okay with that. They don't need a bunch of old white dude's (I'm guessing) saying what's safe and what isn't.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Nice sig bastard, you totally left out the part of the 200 million dollars...which makes it okay.
I'm curious as to how 200 million dollars was the settled upon number. Nevermind, no I'm not.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, because if their hair is blocking their name it WOULD BE HARD TO TELL WHO THEY ARE!!!!

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
what the hell are you even arguing? that long hair might, occasionally and given nearly perfect circumstances, make one more prone to a concussion? that's utterly inane. it's not like a player is going to be given a helmet that's three sizes too big because he has some extra hair. and it's not like there isn't room on the inside of a perfectly fitting helmet to tuck said hair.

but hey, you're apparently the expert on when long hair might like, totally maybe be bad in a few cases. wouldn't want to suggest you apply logic or anything.
no he's just saying that in that certain situation long hair led to concussions..
Old 03-24-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

They're about to discuss this on PTI, for anybody who is watching.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...I can't believe some people care about this so much.

They get paid millions of dollars, big deal if they have to tuck in their hair - or get a hair cut. I'd have my hair permanently removed by laser if it meant making that much money every year.

Well, that's not true. No one can take my hair away! No one!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What i can gather from the majority of this conversation is that this rule is utterly pointless..... and i don't fully buy the "long hair = more concussions" argument

Aren't there larger issues that the NFL/Competition Committee (and us, too?) should be worrying about?

Seriously.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Raider_fan_Canada
Rookie

Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.

I guess they dont want to ever see another "hair tackle" like it happened to Troy Polamalu, but thats a little too much IMO.

Its part of the culture and its the players choice. If he chooses to have long hair, he has to accept the possibility of having it pulled during the game.
Raider_fan_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
long hair under helmet=helmet not fitting properly.

When a helmet doesnt fit properly, concussions are had alot easier.

See Amani Toomer.

If you come back with "Well Troy P. and Mathis have long hair and they don't get concussions"- compare the impact of a WR getting hit and how often to a DB
Again you're still speculating. Give me some cold hard evidence linking long hair and brain damage.

Quote:
I'm calm, I just think it's silly that people care one way or the other. It's not going to change anything at all, unless you're a big fan of hair. In which case, America's Next Top Model is probably more up your alley.
Just because an issue is not relevant to you does not make it any less valid to discuss.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:03 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
Again you're still speculating. Give me some cold hard evidence linking long hair and brain damage.

Just because an issue is not relevant to you does not make it any less valid to discuss.
really? like I just speculated about Amani Toomer and his hair? When he shaved his head, he told my aunt it was because he was suffering several minor concussions... but that's ok, you don't have to believe me.
Quote:
Old 03-26-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post

Again, no one says they have to cut it. Reading is tough isn't it?
Um where did I suggest that I thought the rule was actually passed? I used the word IF quite a bit there, so To quote someone else, "Reading is tough isn't it"
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA PACKER View Post
Um where did I suggest that I thought the rule was actually passed? I used the word IF quite a bit there, so To quote someone else, "Reading is tough isn't it"
Huh..? Uh.. he.. was saying.. even if the rule IS passed.. they.. don't have to cut their hair. They just can't let it obscure the name on their jersey. Unless you were speaking hypothetically about a rule that forces them to cut their hair.. which.. has never been mentioned as a possibility.. Hrm?
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
jesus ****ing christ, for the sanity of everyone on the board, either quote ONCE where cutting one's hair was required or stop bloody repeating it. you people are making everyone on this board dumber.
Where the title say's "Haircut time" seems to indicate it as a possibility. I'm too lazy to read anymore, as you were.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well if it blocks ur name I am guessing you would have to cut your hair, unless you find a way to tuck it your shirt but then your not you anymore.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
really? like I just speculated about Amani Toomer and his hair? When he shaved his head, he told my aunt it was because he was suffering several minor concussions... but that's ok, you don't have to believe me.
Yeah, I'll go off information that Toomer told your aunt. Very credible....
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote