Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-25-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What Linebacker should we go after?

Lawrence Timmons, Paul Poslunksy, Patrick Willis, or someone else?

I think Poz is the way to go. He is proven and will be able to step right in and contribute. He has the smarts and people are seriously underestimating the guy.

He is also way underrated in the areas of speed and athleticism. He is gonna be a great player and I think we ought to pick him up.

Timmons is unproven. he only started 1 season in college and people just want him cause he has great measurables, which mean nothing. That worked out well with William Joseph at DT right?

IDK if Willis can move outside, but he is gonna be a great player as well.

But Poz is the way to go for us.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Curse of Tiki

i don't think we need a first round LB. i'm fine with letting gerris and Kiwi or torbor manning the outside spots for a year. we can get a solid LB later in the draft.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The only LB i'd take in round one is Lawrence Timmons. He is my favorite player in this draft, but i doubt he will be available at #20. He is going to rocket up the draft board, like Ernie Sims, and will end up being a top 13 pick. I can't see the Panthers, Bills and Rams all passing up on a talent like that. For the record, i think Timmons has more potential than Sims.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we should round 2 to pick Beason/Alexander/Everett
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post

Beason, as of right now, is a top 35 pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Giants Pride
Rookie

Giants Pride hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont love Beason.

Right now if I had my drothers it would be Timmons in the 1st or Rufus in the 2nd.

Chris Houston is really starting to become the only CB that intrigues me with our 1st.

Okoye and Nelson are the only truly intriguing trade up candidates.

Anyways here would be my mock draft at this juncture:

1- CB Chris Houston
2- LB Rufus Alexander
3- DT Brandon Mebane
4- RB Garrett Wolfe
5- WR Mike Walker
Old 02-26-2007, 06:27 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Chirs Houston and Lawrence Timmons are going to make themselves into top 20 picks, just out of our range.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:17 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt mind a LB with our pick. Last first round LB we drafted was Carl Banks.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Timmons answered some of his biggest problems by actually measuring in 2 inches shorter than most expected. 6'1" 234 is not lean or frail which some people considered him. All that answered was he isn't or will probably never be a LB in the 3-4 which doesn't really matter to us. There is a big difference between 6'3" 230 and 6'1" 234.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What may seem like a reach would be a great pick if we took Jon Beason. I've been the leader of this guys bandwagon for a while now and I'm telling you, he'd be a great choice at 20. Beason is going to be great at the next level and though, right now, it may seem like a reach to take him at #20, it would fill a glaring hole and he'd be an immediate contributor. Besides, I believe Timmons will go to Buffalo, Willis to Carolina and Posluszny to Pittsburgh. Beason is the Choice.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beason didn't wow today at the combine. His film and work is very good but not nearly as good as some other out there like Poz and Willis. The only reason people had him so high is that they were expecting big things from him in his workouts. He did well but didn't wow like he needed to be considered 25 and up. I think he is going in the 30-45 range.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
the problem with that is that LB is our biggest concern by far @ this point- i personally like lawrence timmons the best and think he should b our 1st rounder- we need better talent and a 2nd rd Lb may not b able to make the biggest impact

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
the problem with that is that LB is our biggest concern by far @ this point- i personally like lawrence timmons the best and think he should b our 1st rounder- we need better talent and a 2nd rd Lb may not b able to make the biggest impact
I 100% agree. He ran a 4.59 forty yard dash, which is good for us because he now has a chance to fall to us at #20. Patrick Willis will most likely be the #1 Linebacker off the board, and after that it should be Timmons to us. Earl Everett dissapointed, Beason did alright, second rounder at best. I think Timmons should be our pick at #20.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poslunky ran a 4.65. Timmons ran 4.59.

Poz is much more polished, smarter, tougher, significantly stronger (Timmons only did 22 on the bench).

Timmons had a bad day today. I was kind of on the fence, but he is not worth the 20th pick. We should get either Poz or Willis.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Poslunky ran a 4.65. Timmons ran 4.59.

Poz is much more polished, smarter, tougher, significantly stronger (Timmons only did 22 on the bench).

Timmons had a bad day today. I was kind of on the fence, but he is not worth the 20th pick. We should get either Poz or Willis.
Actually

Poz ran a 4.67 and put up 22 reps
Timmons ran a 4.59 and put up 25 reps. Timmons is younger and higher ceiling.

according to this link

http://fflivewire.com/players/Player...Num=9&GO=GO%21
Old 02-26-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard in today's combine coverage New York is thinking of moving Kiwanuka to SLB, standing up.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I heard in today's combine coverage New York is thinking of moving Kiwanuka to SLB, standing up.
Yea, its been discussed since the cuts came. I for one hate the move, but it looks like he could be starting there come game time
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kamichael Hall in Round 3 or 4...he's very underrated IMO. Grab a CB and an OT in the 1st 2 rounds

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Here are a couple of guys that impressed today at the combine.

Antwan Barnes 4.43 forty yard dash 31 reps 6' 240
Quincy Black 4.42 forty yard dash 24 reps 6'2" 240

Both have moved themselves into round 2.
My rankings OLB and ILB mixed.

1. Patrick Willis
2. Lawrence Timmons
3. Paul Poz
4. Quincy Black
5. Antwan Barnes
6. Tim Shaw
7. Jon Beason
8. David Harris
8. Nate Harris
Old 02-26-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I think you are blowing 40's out of proportion. Sure Black and Barnes helped themselves out. But neither are top 5 LBers in this draft. They helped themselves out from maybe 6th or 7th round to now maybe later 3rd and most likely 4th.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I think you are blowing 40's out of proportion. Sure Black and Barnes helped themselves out. But neither are top 5 LBers in this draft. They helped themselves out from maybe 6th or 7th round to now maybe later 3rd and most likely 4th.
Those are insane speeds for LBers. Thomas Howard last year ran a very fast 40 yard dash and he went in round two i believe. Howard was even lighter than both of them. Both of these guys are 240 pounds, if we don't get Timmons in round one, i'd look at one of them in round two. By the way, Earl Everett posted a high 4.8 40 yard dash. That'll drop him a couple of rounds.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Adalius Thomas!!!!

Looks like the Giants are going after him hard and want to draft a round 1 DB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Adalius Thomas!!!!

Interesting. Link?
Old 02-26-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Those are insane speeds for LBers. Thomas Howard last year ran a very fast 40 yard dash and he went in round two i believe. Howard was even lighter than both of them. Both of these guys are 240 pounds, if we don't get Timmons in round one, i'd look at one of them in round two. By the way, Earl Everett posted a high 4.8 40 yard dash. That'll drop him a couple of rounds.
If thats the case, pick him up in the 4th. Everett is a baller and definitely will be a solid starter in the NFL
Old 02-26-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Adalius Thomas!!!!

I think the 49ers will get him. They have tons of cap room and are looking to upgrade their defense. Thomas would be a perfect 3-4 OLB in that defense. I doubt we would be able to get into a bidding war with them. I think they have something like 32 million in cap room. I honestly don't want him. He's 30 years old. If Reese gets him, he will look like a hypocrit.