Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

View Poll Results: Who should the Lions select at #2?
OT Joe Thomas 15 36.59%
QB Brady Quinn 10 24.39%
DE Gaines Adams 5 12.20%
DE Jamaal Anderson 2 4.88%
WR Calvin Johnson 9 21.95%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default #2 Overall: Who Should We Take?

Assuming there is no trade down, which is the best choice for Detroit at #2?
Old 02-25-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As much as I'd like to see Calvin Johnson at #2, I know it'll never happen. Thomas has to be the pick unless we can trade down.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how we can view who voted for which poll option now. You just have to check that option when creating the polls . . .
Old 02-25-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really think they should go DE especially if they trade hall so i said adams although after the combine i may end up wanting anderson
Old 02-25-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
DrEvil63
Rookie

DrEvil63 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I voted Calvin Johnson. Just because we would regret passing up such a freak of a human. He would be too good to pass up.
DrEvil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Xio are u a supporter of joe thomas because you think he'll be a great OT or because he just the best value to take at #2 without taking a WR or RB
Old 02-25-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Thomas
Old 02-25-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin Johnson is just silly. I wouldn't care if he was 6'6", 250, and ran a 3.9 40. We don't need a receiver. Johnson himself would not help this team anymore than any other player in the poll. If I had to pick I'd take Adams, but I really want to trade down.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i really wouldnt mind the following people, Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn, or Gaines Adams.

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy555 View Post
i really wouldnt mind the following people, Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn, or Gaines Adams.
I would extend that to include Anderson. Give me any of the four and I will be happy.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Thomas tore up the combine. He is the best choice, and most deserving.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

i still know that in 3 years we're all going to be pissed we didnt take either CJ or AD i know they both aren't huge needs but seriously what players they are its almost depressing knowing we wont take one of these two
Old 02-26-2007, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin Johnson. He's too perfect to pass up.

Besides. With CJ and Roy Williams, we could take a fan out of the audience and have him as a QB... he'd still end up with a gazillion yards.

(or we could get Brian Brohm next year :D)
(or jake long)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Aard
Rookie

Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.

I voted JT, but I do wish we were in a position to take CJ.
Aard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At 2 now after the Combine it has to be Johnson, assuming we don't trade down. I'd say we are in pretty good position right now. We should be able to trade down.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Adam Carriker is a freak of nature, and I think he should considered as one of the top DE's in the draft.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

adams ran a 4.64 today thats impressive and will only help his stock
Old 02-26-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Say Calvin Johnson goes #1 to Oakland, who would probably be the pick? I'm drawing up the beginnings of a Mock Draft right now and could use an opinion.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

you could go JT or a DE its really up to you you'll get a ton of different answers but i'd narrow it down to those three
Old 03-18-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
sportkid448

We should trade down with Arizona and draft Gaines Adams; at 2 Joe Thomas is the best choice, although Calvin Johnson is very hard to pass up with the talent of Randy Moss without the attitude
Old 03-20-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
sakmaster1590

I'd take CJ. We could always trade him and if we cant... good.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
casskid
Rookie

casskid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I had to vote Calvin Johnson for a couple of reasons. First, Thomas to me seems like a bust, and we dont need another technique style offensive lineman. He'll prolly play at guard for a year as well, which is not a key position on the line(at least not as important as T). Second I am starting to really warm to Brady Quinn right now and if he could sit for a year and learn the offense and allow the line to jell for a year, that would be great. But he probably wouldnt be able to sit for a full year, because as the second player taken overall people want to see what he can do and if he's worth the money. Also it creates a log jam at QB, and Kitna may be pissed because its Cinncy all over again for him. Of the two DE's one doesnt really fit the system (Anderson) and the other isnt a solid enough player to warrant the second overall pick. So with that reasoning we just "have" to take a explosive offensive weapon.
casskid is offline   Reply With Quote