Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
See, I'd blame the genius who replaced Clinton Portis with Ladell Freaking JAG Betts and took over the playcalling at the goal-line.
it still didnt look like he couldve gotten in even portis, we had at least 2 guys standing over Betts and two guys who took him down.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

The only thing I will question with the Giants will be what if their pass rush isn't as good? and what if injuries actually catch up to them this year? God forbid somebody design a blocking scheme to keep the pass rush low. But anyway, the secondary could be torched if their pass rush drops as little as one notch.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
The only thing I will question with the Giants will be what if their pass rush isn't as good? and what if injuries actually catch up to them this year? God forbid somebody design a blocking scheme to keep the pass rush low. But anyway, the secondary could be torched if their pass rush drops as little as one notch.
You can't say injuries because every team suffers them and they are hard to predict. Also, what is the reason for the Giants pass rush to not be as good?

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of an interesting angle that Spags might have been the HC of the Redskins if he took the job. But honestly, even though the Redskins didn't get Spags and lost three multi-million dollar coaches haphazardly assembled together, I think they're better off now with a more stable structure and coaches more suited to take advantage of the roster. Don't overlook Blache imo, especially after Gregg Williams' abortion of a Tampa 2 that he insisted on having after 2005 despite not having the roster for it. The Redskins may not rush the passer much better, but they will stop the run better, with Blache in charge I think.

But if I was a Gaints fan, I'd be definitely glad to see the Giants play the Redskins as the opener. It's an excellent challenge to open the season and start a new potential championship run, but also the Redskins probably won't come out very strong. Again, there's a period of transition for the Redskins that you wonder if one extra preseason game (the HOF game) can overcome, plus Carlos Rogers won't play as he's trying to recover fully. Always good when you can get one leg up on the division early.

Last edited by Geo : 03-26-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its just gonna be Smoot and Springs out there. I did not know that. Are the Skins gonna use the ZBS? Does anyone know? They may not have the Oline for it, but they have the RB for it.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good point about Washington's very talented offensive line being healthy again, the big injuries last season really hurt them - took out both tackles, I believe, and those guys are top pros. It will be fun to see them matched up against the Giants' defensive line.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Thomas and Jon Janses were the major losses
I thik Samuels was healthy all year and he's the back bone of the line.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Redskins4Bowl26

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
you really think you can split the Giants? holy ****, we're the reigning champs, and we still get like no respect.
You wern't even the best team in the NFL last year. You were the most physical and you were on a roll during playoff time.

Oh, and correct me if i'm wrong but we were 3 yards away from sweeping you guys last year.

Look, I know you won the Super Bowl againts a physically drained, near perfect, non-focused Patriots team but calm down. Nobody fears you just becuase you won the Super Bowl. Your not the Patriots who won it all 3-4 years a while back.

and as far as the topic starter said? 3 games? I don't know. It all depends on Zorn. The defense will still be there.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins4Bowl26 View Post
You wern't even the best team in the NFL last year. You were the most physical and you were on a roll during playoff time.

Oh, and correct me if i'm wrong but we were 3 yards away from sweeping you guys last year.

Look, I know you won the Super Bowl againts a physically drained, near perfect, non-focused Patriots team but calm down. Nobody fears you just becuase you won the Super Bowl. Your not the Patriots who won it all 3-4 years a while back.

and as far as the topic starter said? 3 games? I don't know. It all depends on Zorn. The defense will still be there.
What is the determination of the best team? Wins would be the obvious answer.

Who beat 3 of the 4 teams that people predicted were going to win it all (Colts exclued) when the postseason began? The Giants.

Therefore, the Giants are the best team.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Yeah, Thomas and Jansen should be back to full health by now. However, I think Stephon Heyer could beat out Jansen in camp for the starting spot.

I also hope we draft Branden Albert, it would give us a sick line.

I'm excited for Sherman Smith's offensive scheme. From being a former running back, I'm sure he can cater to every one of Portis' needs.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

heyer is nice. i forgot about him.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Redskins4Bowl26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
it still didnt look like he couldve gotten in even portis, we had at least 2 guys standing over Betts and two guys who took him down.

Thats pretty false. You have no clue if ladell betts would of knocked the crap outta one for the TD. You can't sit there and watch a game and say "Oh well he would of". Running Backs in this league are to explosive, fast, and to good at finding the whole. Especially a back like Clinton Portis.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Redskins4Bowl26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
What is the determination of the best team? Wins would be the obvious answer.

Who beat 3 of the 4 teams that people predicted were going to win it all (Colts exclued) when the postseason began? The Giants.

Therefore, the Giants are the best team.
Well if you want to look at it in which the argument favors you. Thats fine.

But I think it's safe to say you couldn't beat the Colts or a Chargers team. I won't win this argument. So I'll leave this alone.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Football is a game of inches, titans-superbowl came down to 1 yard, and who do you remember from that superbowl? the rams. How can you say they are more physicall drained team than us? They were definitely focused, we beat a team that was in contention of being the best ever, i dont think we should be criticized because we won it above 31 other teams, we are the best in the NFC at least until WE ARE KNOCKED OFF, thats how ive seen it and will always see it.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-26-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

It's smart for the NFL to use a crappy team for the Giants to play in the opener. The game would get monster ratings no matter who played the G-Men, why not save the bigger games for later in the season where ratings usually are not assumed the way they are on the opening night?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Thats pretty false. You have no clue if ladell betts would of knocked the crap outta one for the TD. You can't sit there and watch a game and say "Oh well he would of". Running Backs in this league are to explosive, fast, and to good at finding the whole. Especially a back like Clinton Portis.
Linebackers, DLineman and even corners arent wimps either, you cant say that he couldve because it never happened, I like Portis but we had the edge so his speed wouldnt have gotten him around and i think id take Tuck over Portis

http://www.nfl.com/videos

there were two guys tuck and ross were cutting his legs and tripping him, Mitchell and Pierce were basically on top of him, and Wilson was behind. Osi also drove your blocker into the ground so there was no one else to block.

EDIT: next time prove me wrong before you call me a liar, i find it demeaning to you and me.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-27-2008, 09:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giant fans, come on, we're acting like idiots in this thread.

As for the game, I thought it wouldve generated a lot more ratings had it been Giants/Dallas. Everyone and their mom would watch that game, and I think both teams would want that game the most as well.

But oh well, guess we get the Skins. My question to Skins fans...why do you think your team is going to stink so much? Last time I checked, its basically the same roster as last year, plus you actually have draft picks you can use to help your franchise this year.

So why the long faces? I don't get it.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:23 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Giant fans, come on, we're acting like idiots in this thread.

As for the game, I thought it wouldve generated a lot more ratings had it been Giants/Dallas. Everyone and their mom would watch that game, and I think both teams would want that game the most as well.

But oh well, guess we get the Skins. My question to Skins fans...why do you think your team is going to stink so much? Last time I checked, its basically the same roster as last year, plus you actually have draft picks you can use to help your franchise this year.

So why the long faces? I don't get it.

Transition year, new system
Carlos on IR

Old 03-27-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Transition year, new system
Carlos on IR
Rogers hasn't really made much of an impact on that team thus far in his career anyway, thats not as big of a loss as you'd think. Not to mention I expect you guys to run a lot of Cover 2 and passive defense this year (something I disagree with btw).

You have draft picks, if you get a solid DE and a WR I think that negates the losses. Blades was very impressive and can sub in for McIntosh for a lil while. But you need a pass rusher on the line and a WR to compliment Moss. I don't think you guys are going to be that bad. Give the new HC a chance before writing him off.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:35 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Rogers hasn't really made much of an impact on that team thus far in his career anyway, thats not as big of a loss as you'd think. Not to mention I expect you guys to run a lot of Cover 2 and passive defense this year (something I disagree with btw).

You have draft picks, if you get a solid DE and a WR I think that negates the losses. Blades was very impressive and can sub in for McIntosh for a lil while. But you need a pass rusher on the line and a WR to compliment Moss. I don't think you guys are going to be that bad. Give the new HC a chance before writing him off.
Rogers is a good CB, just not a real playmaker. I agree about Blades. He's also built like Flethcer and Im assuming will take over for him in 2 years or so (The redskins planning ahead, NO WAY!) But yea, just because there is a new coach doesnt necesarily mean rebuilding year. McCarthy and Payton's first years with their teams they did better than the year before.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rogers is a good CB, just not a real playmaker. I agree about Blades. He's also built like Flethcer and Im assuming will take over for him in 2 years or so (The redskins planning ahead, NO WAY!) But yea, just because there is a new coach doesnt necesarily mean rebuilding year. McCarthy and Payton's first years with their teams they did better than the year before.
Payton and McCarthy also had more legit QBs. Bottom line is the Redskins will only go as far as Campbell takes them. He needs progress more if they want to be a serious team.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Payton and McCarthy also had more legit QBs. Bottom line is the Redskins will only go as far as Campbell takes them. He needs progress more if they want to be a serious team.
that is also true. i felt Collins played better than him last year.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And this is a lacklaster opponent on opening night (no offense). Its probably going to cost me a decent amount to go to this game regardless of the oppoenent, so I wish we would have pulled a better opponent.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
And this is a lacklaster opponent on opening night (no offense). Its probably going to cost me a decent amount to go to this game regardless of the oppoenent, so I wish we would have pulled a better opponent.
familiarity breeds parity. i dunno it could very well be a close match. division games are never easy.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:19 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you also have a target on your back the size of Manhattan
The super bowl winner always has a giant target
hehe you said "Giant" target, lol.

But seriously, it's interesting to hear that skins fans take on posted this. Apparnetly the guys on Extremeskins are fired up and have a different mentality. Interesting to see how Zorn does in his first NFC East matchup.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote